Windows 10: Spacebar gets stuck (not physically)

Discus and support Spacebar gets stuck (not physically) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently started having an issue with my spacebar. Whenever i press and release it - like you normally would - , windows acts as if i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomWemelsfelder, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Spacebar gets stuck (not physically)

Hello, I recently started having an issue with my spacebar.

Whenever i press and release it - like you normally would - , windows acts as if i am still holding it.

So pressing space once while typing results in a continuous stream of spaces. I can stop this effect by pressing space again.

Essentially my spacebar now works like a 'toggle', I can only toggle it on or off.

My system is an MSI GE72 2QE Apache gaming laptop. I don't know if it has any relevance, but the problem first arrised while playing GTA V.

:)

TomWemelsfelder, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Kupuna Win User

MS Sculpt spacebar physically sticky. Repair or discard?

The Sculpt Wireless is a sleek keyboard with no evident way to open it. The spacebar is split into two keys for ergonomic reasons. One key works, the other (my preferred one) has been working erratically depending on how much pressure is used and where it is applied.
    Can this beast be opened? Has anyone removed or replaced a key? There are five rubber feet spaced around the bottom, but they seem well stuck in place.
    Help please.

Kupuna, Nov 14, 2018
  3. spacebar not working after updates

I have the same problem after the Windows 10 update yesterday. Here's what I did to troubleshoot (to no avail):

• rebooted
    • used canned spray
    • pressed "shift" five times to make sure "sticky keys" was not enabled, it wasn't
    • enabled the OSK (onscreen keyboard) and the spacebar does work on it, just not on my laptop
    • pressed spacebar in several places, held it down,
    None of these "fixes" work. Short of getting a wireless keyboard, does anyone have a solution?

This is very frustrating.

AllyRoberts, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Spacebar gets stuck (not physically)

laptop spacebar making 64 need help

my step son has a toshiba laptop. its not all that old. his keyboard started messing up. the spacebar when pressed in notpad/search etc it make the number 64. backspace gives a date stamp. the number 4 sometimes does 4 and sometimes does 64. im thinking he somehow pressed the wrong key and it inverted his keyboard somehow. but Me and laptops are like oil and water. help?

overclocking101, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Spacebar gets stuck (not physically)

1. Spacebar gets stuck (not physically) - Similar Threads - Spacebar gets stuck

2. Keyboard Key getting stuck not physically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Key getting stuck not physically: I am using a Razer Blade 14 2023Sometimes when I am typing, after letting go a key that same key would just continue to be register resulting in the same key being typed repeatedly until i press that same key again, or another case is that key not being registered. Originally...
  3. Keyboard Key getting stuck not physically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Key getting stuck not physically: I am using a Razer Blade 14 2023Sometimes when I am typing, after letting go a key that same key would just continue to be register resulting in the same key being typed repeatedly until i press that same key again, or another case is that key not being registered. Originally...
  4. ‘]’ Key Stuck Not Physically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ‘]’ Key Stuck Not Physically: For some reason, today my ‘]’ key started randomly being stuck. I don’t know what could have triggered it, since I hadn’t even pressed it once both times this happened today. But whenever i open any place I am able to type, it spams that key I have to say it isn’t just...
  5. Keyboard key stuck not physically

Keyboard key stuck not physically: As I'm using Asus R558U model, at first "numpad 8" key stuck, not physically as mentioned and then "numpad 6" and now the "Up" key is keep hitting many times while playing games or using browser or anything. Only "esc" key works for a second and at another second its keep...
  6. Q key stuck, but not physically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Q key stuck, but not physically.: You probably seen this before but its really annoying and nothing has worked, the Q key gets stuck after some time, sometimes it takes an hour sometimes 5 minutes after the laptop is turned on,it just keeps pressing Q messing everything up. Uninstalled the keyboard driver and...
  7. Windows key "Stuck" but not physically.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows key "Stuck" but not physically.: I have an Asus gaming laptop and recently it has been doing this thing where I cannot type. The keys are linked to the "Hot Keys" aka WIN + D = Desktop, WIN + S = search, etc. - I've uninstalled keyboard drivers - Restarted multiple times - All the little tricks people...
  8. My W key will get stuck, but isn't physically stuck

My W key will get stuck, but isn't physically stuck: Long story short, and I've only noticed this within the last three weeks, my W key will sometimes get stuck when I'm playing video games. Never when I'm typing, only when playing video games. Except it physically isn't stuck, as once I tap it, it pops right back up. I have...
  9. Up key stuck, not physically.

Up key stuck, not physically.: It's been happening for a while. Every time I open a menu, no matter if it's the Windows menu, or the search menu, or the options menu, my laptop will think that the up key is being pressed and it will scroll up non-stop. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on an Asus X556UAK....
  10. MS Sculpt spacebar physically sticky. Repair or discard?

MS Sculpt spacebar physically sticky. Repair or discard?: The Sculpt Wireless is a sleek keyboard with no evident way to open it. The spacebar is split into two keys for ergonomic reasons. One key works, the other (my preferred one) has been working erratically depending on how much pressure is used and where it is applied. Can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc spacebar gets stuck

2. KB4469342