Windows 10: Spacebar stopped working suddenly

Discus and support Spacebar stopped working suddenly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, the space bar key stopped working. I tried the usual sticky key and restarting or uninstalling the driver. I don't know if its related but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CJ Bravo, Aug 8, 2019.

1. CJ Bravo Win User

Spacebar stopped working suddenly

Hey,

the space bar key stopped working. I tried the usual sticky key and restarting or uninstalling the driver.

I don't know if its related but theres a UNITED KINGDOM KEYBOARD on the keyboard list bottom right but it doesn't show in the keyboard language preferences list , so I can't delete it.

I guess it shows up the same time the space-bar stopped working.

I tried Get-WinUserLanguageList in the power shell but I don't see it there.

The spacebar worked briefly for a few seconds when windows was starting up but then it stopped.

its a HP ZBook 17 G5 Base Model Mobile Workstation

I updated everything..

thoughts ?

:)

CJ Bravo, Aug 8, 2019
  2. AJRich Win User

Windows Key + Spacebar not working

Kathleen

Tried using SFC as you suggested and it went through all the steps successfully, but Windows key + Spacebar still doesn't work.

Looked at the link you gave and I see that one of the posts with a similar problem was using an HP Pavilion - same as me.

But it was the keyboard shortcut was working till the upgrade.

I've not tried Andre's suggestion yet.

AJRich, Aug 8, 2019
  3. 8ighty2wo Win User
    Spacebar-not-working

For anyone else having this problem, I have to report my own problems with this and what fixed it for me. First off, the problem was on my HP laptop, as with other people experiencing this problem, my spacebar stopped working. I tried a few of the suggestions
    for fixing this problem after doing a quick google search on it but nothing worked. However, I discovered that if I pressed the spacebar down very, very hard it would still sometimes work, which made me realize it was not a driver problem but more of a connection
    problem, somehow.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I finally fixed this issue by applying some mild pressure (with my hand) underneath of my laptop - at the area directly below where the spacebar is. As I pressed the area underneath, I also pressed the spacebar and finally,
    it worked! I don't understand how or why exactly it worked but as soon as the spacebar started working again, I no longer needed to keep applying the pressure from underneath, it has just stayed working ever since. Weird and unexpected, but it worked.

I recommend to anyone experiencing this problem to try this solution first as it's quick and easy and might save you a lot of time and stress. I spent hours searching for solutions and becoming very frustrated before I realized it was a connection issue
    and I guess the button was just not making proper contact with the circuit board underneath. Anyway, by doing this, I must have pressed things back into position.

Hope this helps someone.

8ighty2wo, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows 10 "Left Alt + Shift" language input switch suddenly stop working. It used to work before.

Hi Jida,

There are a few reasons why "Left Alt + Shift" is suddenly stopped working on your computer. Since you mentioned that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you create a
    Test Profile. From there, check if the issue occurs.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Spacebar stopped working suddenly - Similar Threads - Spacebar stopped working

2. Spacebar not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spacebar not working: I am using my on screen keyboard right now since my spacebar is not working at all. This is a desktop and the keyboard is connected via cable. It works on other device so I know it is not my physical keyboard. I checked on the spacebar as well to see if there is a damage but...
  3. Spacebar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar not working: I am using my on screen keyboard right now since my spacebar is not working at all. This is a desktop and the keyboard is connected via cable. It works on other device so I know it is not my physical keyboard. I checked on the spacebar as well to see if there is a damage but...
  4. Spacebar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ethernet suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet suddenly stopped working: My ethernet cable recently stopped working. My wireless internet still works and it says that the ethernet cable is working but I can’t load into anything. I have tried to follow other guides on youtube but couldn’t find a solution. Please help....
  6. Audio suddenly stopped working

Audio suddenly stopped working: Audio on Media Player & apps is gone. Reinstalled drivers, no change. Did hear a faint, high-pitched beep during auto-scan in troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-suddenly-stopped-working/243747e9-941d-49ff-9566-b2a29a855d5f
  7. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

Bluetooth suddenly stopped working: Hey, I have been using bluetooth for a long time and then yesterday suddenly, it stopped working. I now can't see the option to turn on/off the bluetooth. I even no longer can see it in the device manager so I don't know how to unistall the drivers, and even when I do...
  8. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth suddenly stopped working.: Dell 5587 Windows 1909 Bluetooth stopped working like 2 hours ago, right after I updated my Nvidia drivers (tinynvidiaupdatechecker) Bluetooth does not appear in Device Manager, Troubleshooter says my device is not Bluetooth capable (WHAT?), no switch in "Devices" Tried...
  9. Spacebar does not work

Spacebar does not work: Mycomputerwasunplugged.WhenIswitcheditonafter10days,itdidautomaticupdates,whichitwasnotsupposeto.Nowmyspacebarofmykeyboarddoesnotwork.Ihavenoticedalotofthesameproblemonyoursite,surelythisisawindows10problem.Pleasecorrectthis,orhelpmesolvetheproblem.Thisisrealyunacceptable...
  10. Spacebar isn’t working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spacebar isn’t working: I use Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop and Windows 10. The spacebar key stopped working on my laptop. When I click on it, there is no response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spacebar-isnt-working/90516337-6620-4df8-aeb4-776dec6f0ca5