Windows 10: Spaces show up between desktop icons when changing text size to 100%

Discus and support Spaces show up between desktop icons when changing text size to 100% in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, this is concerning my laptop. In the display settings where it says "change the size of text, apps, and other items," I have it set to 125%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by windows8thumba, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Spaces show up between desktop icons when changing text size to 100%

Hi folks, this is concerning my laptop. In the display settings where it says "change the size of text, apps, and other items," I have it set to 125% as recommended. However, when I hook my laptop to a bigger monitor through HDMI, it automatically changes to 100%, which looks good on the monitor (even though both the laptop and monitor are 1080p). This is fine. The only problem is that somehow spaces would show up between desktop icons in the 100% mode. Like physical spaces. It messes up my desktop icon arrangement, because if I create a new folder, it goes into the space between the existing icons, instead of going to the end of the icons. How do I fix this? Thanks all.

PS I have the icons arranged to grid.

:)

windows8thumba, Jul 22, 2016
  2. Alden Rey Win User

Desktop icons started jumping with the Creators Update

Hi,

It is possible that your icons are set by large that is why you are seeing empty rows between folders. You can change the view or size of your icons. In that way, you would no longer see large gaps or spaces between icons. To perform the task, kind refer to
    the article below:

Show, hide, or resize desktop icons

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 22, 2016
  3. Size of display on screen

Hello

Thanks - I have tried this but I don't think this is the problem.....

If I follow these steps: control panel-personalisation-display, customise your display it then says "change the size of text, apps and other items" and this is set at 100% which is recommended.

However, with it set at 100% all the icons on the desktop are too small and when I open outlook the emails are very small to read, but if I open a webpage e.g. the Times newspaper, everything is the correct size but the page doesn't fit to the edges of the
    monitor screen like it used to.

So If i go back into control panel - personlisation etc and set the size of text to 125% (it won't let me set it anywhere between 100% and 125%), this makes the desktop icons the correct size, and emails are readable, but when I re-open the Times newspaper
    online everything has become too large and yet the page still doesnt fit to the edges of the monitor screen!

Any further suggestions?

NicolasHobbs, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

Spaces show up between desktop icons when changing text size to 100%

1. Spaces show up between desktop icons when changing text size to 100% - Similar Threads - Spaces show between

2. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  3. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  4. Desktop icons changed size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons changed size?: I had my desktop really nice and organised, all the icons were the default size and such. however i took my pc with me on holiday and plugged it into an external TV which in turn changed all my icons around and it changed their size . i thought it would be fine as when i...
  5. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.: Hi! This is my first time on here and i need help so ill get straight to the point. So a few minutes ago as im writing this, i restarted my computer because my taskbar wasnt showing. So it turned back on, the taskbar was showing, but my icons were not but the text or title...
  6. Changing the size of desktop icons

Changing the size of desktop icons: Hello, When I place a shortcut to a file on the desktop it assigns the default icon (e.g. Word or Excel icon) and this is approx 80 x 80 pixels. If I then change that icon to one that I've created it displays at approx 40 x 40 pixels (choosing an icon from the icons folder...
  7. Changing icon size on desktop

Changing icon size on desktop: Somehow one of my children changed the icon size of the recycle bin on my desktop screen so it is really large. How do I get it back to the regular size? Thank you....
  8. change spacing between icons in Settings

change spacing between icons in Settings: Is there a way to change spacing between these? I takes up the whole screen on a small laptop. [img] 94687
  9. Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar": hi there, unfortunately there is this 1 cm gap between my "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar" and i have searched on google but didn't find anything, have anyone has ever crossed such issue before? there... i added an screenshot, thank u very much for your attention....
  10. Change Desktop Icon Text Size under Fall Creator Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Desktop Icon Text Size under Fall Creator Edition: Under 1703 I had the Desktop Icon text set to something slightly larger or bolder than the default 'out of box' font. . When I installed 1709 the fonts reverted to the default. My tired old eyes need something bigger and/or bolder but I don't remember how I did it earlier and...