Windows 10: Spam email from MS Community

Discus and support Spam email from MS Community in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently posted a question in the MS community. I received some answers and solved the issue, closing my question. A few hours later I received... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by taormina, Sep 30, 2019.

1. taormina Win User

Spam email from MS Community

I recently posted a question in the MS community. I received some answers and solved the issue, closing my question.

A few hours later I received another email from the MS community including the logo that was a spam/fake/malware/impersonating answer saying something like "sexy girls", obviously nothing to do with my original question.

How do I solve this issue? Should I report pishing?
    Should I call MS support?

Thanks.

:)

taormina, Sep 30, 2019

2. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012 refuses to send emails, claims they're spam

My wife uses Windows Live Mail 2012 and says it refuses to send emails, claiming they're spam. This is even replying to someone who is in her contacts list. I have run several different virus checks and nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Charliedog, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Spam email from MS Community

Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

I also use Hotmail and have been inundated with Spam emails since day 1.
    Last year I joined Windows 10 Insider and created a Microsoft account using Hotmail to do so.
    Along the way I was notified that my original Hotmail account would be updated as part of their process and that did happen.
    This Aug I had 200 Spam emails in my Hotmail account, 0 between 2 Yahoo email accounts.
    This Sep I had “only” 71 Spam emails in my Hotmail account, 0 between both Yahoo email accounts.
    Between last year and this Aug, I have no idea how many Spam emails were being received in Hotmail; all I recall is frustratingly emptying the Junk Email folder.
    I never responded to any of them and just about every topic that can be included in Spam emails were brought up. Eventually I found out it’s supposed to be possible to block them in my Manage My Microsoft Account where I can View My Inbox; it didn’t help.
    I asked for help in the Microsoft Community; they wanted to be helpful but were not successful in providing a resolution.
    Unfortunately even though I wanted to participate in the Windows 10 Insider Program I didn’t. I paid attention to it and it has done me very well but I did not want to create a mailing list in my Microsoft account.
    I don’t expect a resolution to the Spam emails but wanted to share my story.

MeAndMyComputer, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Spam email from MS Community

1. Spam email from MS Community - Similar Threads - Spam email Community

2. emails, spam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    emails, spam: getting scam emails everyday. Who can I forward then to for them to stop. Email does not have a place to say unsubscribe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-spam/a04ff310-e05e-4e38-a997-9a4533dfeda3
  3. emails, spam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    emails, spam: getting scam emails everyday. Who can I forward then to for them to stop. Email does not have a place to say unsubscribe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-spam/a04ff310-e05e-4e38-a997-9a4533dfeda3
  4. SPAM EMAILS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SPAM EMAILS: What is with the spam emails coming from "onmicrosoft.com" they just don't stop. I will find an email address for your company and forward them all to you.I am retired so I have the time and patients to do this.Carl...
  5. Is this a spam email?

Is this a spam email?: Order request verificationDear customer,This email confirms your purchase of the following subscription: Order ID5478VP24021N8954Name of Application:Win VPN Adv ProSubscription Period2 YrsRenewal Price259.99Payment MethodAuto Debit from CC/DC/CAThe subscription period will...
  6. Spam emails from Norton

Spam emails from Norton: My wife keeps getting spam emails from Norton saying that it is expiring or that there is a virus I have sent them to spam blocked them and deleted them but they still keep coming. we have Norton 360 on all our machines but as the Norton account is in my name with my email...
  7. spam emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    spam emails: my account seems to have been hacked and im recieving thousands of spam emails, how can i get this to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spam-emails/b7540717-f311-420a-a42f-f3068e180734"
  8. spam emails

spam emails: I am new to Windows 10 and although it seems great and all, I have noticed that I have a ridiculous amount of spam in my emails albit mostly in my junk folder. I can't seem to find a way to report the spam that I'm getting. Is this a common problem? Any suggestions?...
  9. MS community

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS community: how do I use this feature I posted a question but no answer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-community/ce5aa94d-c52f-4afd-a582-a4a9a9341fcc
  10. email spam

email spam: I am receiving about 40 emails a day from a company that seems to be a marketing agent for many other companies , over the weekend I received 69 ------the emails are advertisements for many well know companies such as terminix , adt ,quicken , etc------------------I never...