Windows 10: SPAM, Phishing and Attempted Fraud

Discus and support SPAM, Phishing and Attempted Fraud in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Well, the Phisheries Industry really has it sewn up this time! One creep has found a way to bypass my security of every new email going into Junk and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Old_hand, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Old_hand Win User

SPAM, Phishing and Attempted Fraud

Well, the Phisheries Industry really has it sewn up this time! One creep has found a way to bypass my security of every new email going into Junk and getting into my Inbox. Applying "Phishing", relegating it to Junk, blocking it and reporting it as Phishing doesn't work. It's a notice about something I have not ordered. I passed it onto the relevant Law Enforcement Agency twice out of the 3 times it's appeared. But probably their efforts will be as ineffectual as MSN's Phishing-prevention. Also, I've had a Phishing email with my full name appended to a spurious order purporting to come from FE

:)

Old_hand, Nov 5, 2021

2. phishing email

While there are legitimate emails from the Microsoft account team,
    email phishing scams using the Microsoft name
    are very common so you have to be very careful. A
    legitimate email address domain from Microsoft is @accountprotection.microsoft.com.

This is an example of an older scam:
    Ask Leo: Is Windows Live Hotmail about to close my account?

quietman7 - MVP, Nov 5, 2021
  3. Email - reporting spam/phishing - from a Hotmail address

I was not suggesting your computer had been hacked
    I was suggesting that you check on the site I sent if your email address has been subject to a breach on any site where you submitted it.
    My other suggestion was to see if a security scan revealed anything of concern and most importantly to change your password for your email

IMHO
    if that is the case - please be assured that your email address - one way or another has been circulated amongst spammers.

I have given you my recommendations - you must of course do as you wish
    Thanks for the appreciation I have ack`d

Macboatmaster, Nov 5, 2021
  4. SPAM, Phishing and Attempted Fraud

phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

SPAM, Phishing and Attempted Fraud

1. SPAM, Phishing and Attempted Fraud - Similar Threads - SPAM Phishing Attempted

2. Stop email spam and phishing Outlook Office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop email spam and phishing Outlook Office 365: I am getting a ton of phishing emails on .msn email account. I use Outlook with Office 365. My junk email setting level is on High, and I have "Warn me about suspicious domain names.... " box checked. I have yet to see a warning even though almost all spam is from obviously...
  3. Stop email spam and phishing Outlook Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop email spam and phishing Outlook Office 365: I am getting a ton of phishing emails on .msn email account. I use Outlook with Office 365. My junk email setting level is on High, and I have "Warn me about suspicious domain names.... " box checked. I have yet to see a warning even though almost all spam is from obviously...
  4. Stop email spam and phishing Outlook Office 365

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Is this a spam or phishing email?

Is this a spam or phishing email?: Hi Team,Could someone please let me know whether the below email is a genuine one from microsoft or is it something which need to be reported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-this-a-spam-or-phishing-email/d8fa4049-11ae-44d8-8b1a-20b7f042ce60
  6. Your phone companion and spam and fraud texts

Your phone companion and spam and fraud texts: My phone, a Google Pixel 3A blocks spam and fraudulent texts which is a nice feature. When I link my phone companion up to my Pixel the spam and fraudulent texts show up again. Could there please be a way to block the same spam and fraudulent texts on my phone companion that...
  7. Email - reporting spam/phishing - from a Hotmail address

in Browsers and Email
    Email - reporting spam/phishing - from a Hotmail address: Please can you tell me the email address that where I can forward fraudulent @HOTmail.com for investigation? Thank you. 181886
  8. Microsoft Defender - fraud attempt

Microsoft Defender - fraud attempt: I received an e-mail looking like it was from Microsoft, indication that I had been billed for a Microsoft service. No money had been taken from my account. I called the numbers on the e-mail with a ring, no answer on 2 of the three numbers. The third number got me a...
  9. Unusual Sign-in activity - Phishing spam??

Unusual Sign-in activity - Phishing spam??: I couldn't determine which category to put this since none seemed to fit.. On May 1, 2020 7:35 PM Microsoft Team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> wrote: I've received this message 6 times over the past few weeks. The IP address from the alleged activity...
  10. ONEDRIVE SPAM E-MAIL OR PHISHING?? ALERT!!

ONEDRIVE SPAM E-MAIL OR PHISHING?? ALERT!!: I received this e-mail on my gmail account. Seems to be phishing. Your account will be deleted on August 10, 2018 Your *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account has been unused for the past two years, and will be deleted on August 10, 2018. If you would like...