Windows 10: spam phone calls

Discus and support spam phone calls in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep getting phone calls saying they are from Microsoft Support and need to run a scan on my computer as I have security issues. They sound like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by montana Mike Harrison, Jun 19, 2019.

1. spam phone calls

I keep getting phone calls saying they are from Microsoft Support and need to run a scan on my computer as I have security issues.

They sound like they are from India.

About 7 years ago I fell for that and they ruined my computer so I scrapped it and bought another.Now I have a fairly new windows 10 desk top and they are calling again.

I get 14 to 15 calls per day.I blocked the last one and they put 14 calls on my phone in seconds.

Is there any way to stop these scammers?

Please help as I'm old and don't know as much as I want to know.

:)

montana Mike Harrison, Jun 19, 2019
  2. S-and-S Win User

spam phone calls

If you've made it to old age then what you know that a younger person doesn't know could fill a book. Probably 2 volumes.

Spam calls are all the same. Contact your phone company and ask for help with blocking unwanted calls. Your phone company knows all about this and knows how to help you.

S-and-S, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 26, 2019
  4. x509 Win User

spam phone calls

Phone scam

Not to mention that spam calling is illegal in the USA. The Federal Trade Commission set up a "Do Not Call" registry 10 (?) years ago, but in recent years the spammers just ignore that list.

I also use NoMoRobo and it works great. However I seem to recall that it requires (required at the time) a VoIP phone line.

Thema:

spam phone calls

1. spam phone calls - Similar Threads - spam phone calls

2. Authentication call - spam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Authentication call - spam?: My partner just had a call from +1 212220. It said something along the lines of 'thank you for using microsoft verification'. There was then dialling keys on the other side, and the call said 'please press the pound key' or similar. My partner hung up. They then called again...
  3. Phone call

Phone call: Microsoft have just called me. My laptop is being hacked and they gave my ID number as proof. As it's only 8.10am, I asked him to call back at 9. Is this real or yet another scam?...
  4. Phone call

Phone call: I just received a call from " Microsoft Office" saying that my computer was causing viruses on Microsoft's main frame computer.The voice initially was from a woman who had a Pakistan/Indian accent then she transferred me to a man who asked me to reboot my computer and foll...
  5. Phone calls

Phone calls: We received a phone call saying that someone was trying to access our account and they wanted us to press a number to access security. Is this a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/phone-calls/049c1d22-7413-492a-b222-3aa4a929c6b0
  6. Is this a spam call

Is this a spam call: I received a call from Asbury Park, NJ ( 848-217-3909) from someone saying they were Microsoft and that my valid copy of Windows 10 Pro was expired and I would be charged $299. I called them and they said that my copy will expire and that they need to deactivate my Windows 10...
  7. Phone call

Phone call: I received a phone call saying my windows pc has been recalled and call a number to get my refund? I'm sure this is a scam, just checking. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-call/2139dbc7-0aea-471f-9fd2-336c1a16b162"
  8. Phone Calls

Phone Calls: Receiving phone calls says it's Kathleen from Microsoft. Says my microsoft account has been compromised and they need to reset my Ip address. Says I have 48 hours. They call several times a day even on weekends. Would like to know if this is a scam. This started after I...
  9. Phone call

Phone call: I received a telephone call this morning from (888) 493-5423 stating that my Microsoft subscription has ended and that I need to update today or I will not have Microsoft on my computer starting immediately. Not sure if this is really Microsoft or if I need to get in touch...
  10. Phone calls

Phone calls: We are receiving multiple phone calls in regards that our IP address needs to be changed due to our account has been "out of the country hack". It shows up has My name and phone number that is the caller. We can not get it to stop! We know it is a scam Thanks, The...