Windows 10: Spam ?? Rcv'd e/m "Thanks for your payment" - Windows Defender

Discus and support Spam ?? Rcv'd e/m "Thanks for your payment" - Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Rcv'd an email to my personal e/m, titled "[thank you for your purchase] Invoice Paid Successfully USD 299.99". This came from "Billing Support <***... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WD Reid, Dec 18, 2020.

1. WD Reid Win User

Spam ?? Rcv'd e/m "Thanks for your payment" - Windows Defender

Rcv'd an email to my personal e/m, titled "[thank you for your purchase] Invoice Paid Successfully USD 299.99". This came from "Billing Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>". I am fairly confident this is spam as I have never given out my CC info for this. From within the e/m body, the only thing that contains an external link is the very bottom line "Microsoft Payments c All rights reserved." where if you hover over over the link [but don't click on it], is shows "unsubscribe".

From the e/m body:

=============================================

Invoice NO: 2-9838CX

Invoice Date: Dec 18, 2020

Total: $ 299.99

Dear xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for using Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection. This

is an invoice for your recent purchase.

We Thank you on the Completion of your 1 year.

We tried to contact you on your register number for queries but could

not get through.

INVOICE RECAP

Description Total

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection $ 299.99

Fire Wall & Network Protection

Total $ 299.99

Payment method:

VISA/Master $ 299.99

If you have any questions about this invoice, simply reach out to our

Support Team 1 856 326-1543 Toll Free for help.

you have 24 hrs. to refund this charge from the date of the transaction

without being charges.

It may take a few days for this transaction to appear in your account.

Cheers,

The Billing Team

1 856 326-1543Toll Free

FAQ

Please don't reply to this email. To get in touch with us, 1 856 326-

Windows Defender Protection in USA are provided by Microsoft

Payments Private Limited. Users are advised to read the terms and

conditions carefully.

MVP Consumer Security 2014-2016

Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018

NOTE: if email received in your spam box ask service desk to verify

machine identity.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you

will not receive a response

c 2020 Windows Defender Protection All rights reserved.

Windows Defender Protection

Clearway, FL 33756

Microsoft Payments c All rights reserved.

=============================================

:)

WD Reid, Dec 18, 2020

2. not accepting payment

Hi Ryan,

One of the factor why you're having issues purchasing an app in Windows Store is due to payment method settings. See this article:

Troubleshoot problems with payment options
    and follow the suggest troubleshooting steps.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Spam ?? Rcv'd e/m "Thanks for your payment" - Windows Defender

Stop Outlook from sending specific e-mails to Spam folder.

From what they said, it is Eastlink that is tagging them as Spam. And my marking them as "Not Spam" is supposed to stop that from happing again. But their e-mail filter doesn't like something in the e-mail header or body. They suggested that they "think" its likely a "special character" that is doing it? And to contact the sender. I'm thinking I should have stayed with Bell Aliant.

E-mails from @pimoroni.com come though just fine when I order stuff etc. It's just the forum discoursemail.com e-mails that have the issue.

alphanumeric, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Spam ?? Rcv'd e/m "Thanks for your payment" - Windows Defender

1. Spam ?? Rcv'd e/m "Thanks for your payment" - Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Spam Rcv'd Thanks

2. Fix your drivers thanks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix your drivers thanks: Realtek completely failing randomly. No sound in speakers or headphones, driver is up to date, troubleshoot, yes wow, all useless. Trillion dollar company, super competent you'd think they could get a single thing right. NOPE Haha, Caching! $u$...
  3. Fix your drivers thanks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fix your drivers thanks: Realtek completely failing randomly. No sound in speakers or headphones, driver is up to date, troubleshoot, yes wow, all useless. Trillion dollar company, super competent you'd think they could get a single thing right. NOPE Haha, Caching! $u$...
  4. Fake Microsoft Defender invoices/Thanks for Your Payment notices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fake Microsoft Defender invoices/Thanks for Your Payment notices: We received 11 notices today. Did not access phone # or anything other than to print out & delete. Should we do anything else? Notify Microsoft? Seems a very heavy-handed scam....
  5. Fake Microsoft Defender invoices/Thanks for Your Payment notices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fake Microsoft Defender invoices/Thanks for Your Payment notices: We received 11 notices today. Did not access phone # or anything other than to print out & delete. Should we do anything else? Notify Microsoft? Seems a very heavy-handed scam....
  6. Notice of receipt of payment for Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notice of receipt of payment for Windows Defender?: I got my wife a new laptop, with Windows 10 this past fall. She keeps getting a notification of a receipt for Payment of a subscription to Microsoft Defender. We have, to my knowledge, never had a withdrawal of funds from our accounts, but this one looks like a receipt for...
  7. Spam e-mail?

Spam e-mail?: I received an e-mail from a "Roger Harmelink" thanking me for purchasing Windows Defender Firewall. I didn't purchase anything? Who do I report this to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/spam-e-mail/329a8841-cf58-4903-9764-aeaff06d8abc
  8. i´m having lots of spam

i´m having lots of spam: what can i do with the spam mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-lots-of-spam/bfd52ba0-30ff-45af-8396-8799df60c9bf"
  9. e mail spam

e mail spam: <p>I am receiving tons of spam e mail in my windows 10 e mail---------nearly every spam e mail has the same setup and a link to unsubscribe at the bottom of the e mail---if I go to the link it usually is the same format as the other links and the e mail address is not even...
  10. Microsoft Payment Central - SCAM SPAM

Microsoft Payment Central - SCAM SPAM: Be aware all, there is an email circulating asking individuals (with their MSN Email) to log in to Microsoft Payment Central to process a refund. Ive had it confirmed from Microsoft that it is a SCAM email. I was nearly duped as i am one of those individuals that may be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is Rcv’d on my verizon bill