Windows 10: Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app

Discus and support Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My phone filters any spam text messages to a blocked folder. It didn't used to do this, but now when I use the Your Phone app, all of those blocked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brandon Seigler, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app

My phone filters any spam text messages to a blocked folder. It didn't used to do this, but now when I use the Your Phone app, all of those blocked texts show back up on my Messages list on my computer. I've used this app for a year and the spam texts never showed up until recently. Is there a setting somehow so I can get rid of them on the app? I went and deleted all of the blocked texts from my phone, but since this never was a problem before I'm hoping there's a simple setting change that I can make that will make sure this doesn't happen in the future.

:)

Brandon Seigler, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 16, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app

1. Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app - Similar Threads - Spam Texts showing

2. Your Phone not showing Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone not showing Apps: I've connected Your Phone to my PC and the only thing it's not showing are my Apps. The account email is the same so what am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-not-showing-apps/1816065d-75ce-4416-8ab5-c1491bc31721
  3. Your Phone not showing Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone not showing Apps: I've connected Your Phone to my PC and the only thing it's not showing are my Apps. The account email is the same so what am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-not-showing-apps/1816065d-75ce-4416-8ab5-c1491bc31721
  4. Forwarding text messages with the your phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forwarding text messages with the your phone app: I have Your Phone installed with Windows 10, I just installed the latest update and was hoping it would include an option to forward messages. I am still not seeing it, it seems unlikely that Microsoft would skip such a basic feature, so I am wondering if I am just not...
  5. Forwarding text messages with the your phone app

Forwarding text messages with the your phone app: I have Your Phone installed with Windows 10, I just installed the latest update and was hoping it would include an option to forward messages. I am still not seeing it, it seems unlikely that Microsoft would skip such a basic feature, so I am wondering if I am just not...
  6. Your phone companion and spam and fraud texts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your phone companion and spam and fraud texts: My phone, a Google Pixel 3A blocks spam and fraudulent texts which is a nice feature. When I link my phone companion up to my Pixel the spam and fraudulent texts show up again. Could there please be a way to block the same spam and fraudulent texts on my phone companion that...
  7. Your Phone app: text messaging

Your Phone app: text messaging: I installed Your Phone app on my pc Windows 10 & Your Phone Companion on my android 9 Moto X4 phone. Everything is synched & working except I cannot send texts from the pc. I can receive texts on the pc, & when I send a text from my phone, the text is mirrored on the pc's...
  8. Your Phone app - my phone apps not showing up on PC

Your Phone app - my phone apps not showing up on PC: Hello, Have a Galaxy S10e and a Surface Pro X with Your Phone app installed. I cannot hear the other person when I try to receive calls. Making calls is fine. I don't see my android phone apps appearing on Your Phone on my pc and the Galaxy 10 series are on the approved...
  9. No text message notifications in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No text message notifications in Your Phone app: I set up the Your Phone app with my Galaxy S9 and it mostly works, I can see photos, make calls, I've enabled notification access in the phone's permission settings, and I can send and receive texts and system-related notifications. The battery optimization exception setting...
  10. "Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...

"Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...: Hi guys i am trying to troubleshoot my issue for an about month now, still no luck. My phone is clear Android, Nokia 8. As text messages are showing up properly the account must be linked properly. I tried to unlink the phone from my Microsoft account, resetting apps both...