Windows 10: Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app

Discus and support Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My phone filters any spam text messages to a blocked folder. It didn't used to do this, but now when I use the Your Phone app, all of those blocked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brandon Seigler, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app

My phone filters any spam text messages to a blocked folder. It didn't used to do this, but now when I use the Your Phone app, all of those blocked texts show back up on my Messages list on my computer. I've used this app for a year and the spam texts never showed up until recently. Is there a setting somehow so I can get rid of them on the app? I went and deleted all of the blocked texts from my phone, but since this never was a problem before I'm hoping there's a simple setting change that I can make that will make sure this doesn't happen in the future.

:)

Brandon Seigler, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 16, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app

1. Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app - Similar Threads - Spam Texts showing

2. Deleting texts in Your Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting texts in Your Phone: I have connected my Samsung A8 to Your Phone and it is working OK except that texts that have been blocked in my phone appear in Your Phone. I understand that the SMS app in my phone actually only hides blocked messages rather than deleting them hence why they appear in Your...
  3. Your Phone App- Dial pad does not show up

Your Phone App- Dial pad does not show up: I have been trying to link my Android phone Motorola OnePower, Android 10.0 to my windows 10 laptop Lenovo Ideapad C340. Whilst I am able to connect the phone to get and send messages, view photos, notifications etc. BUT I am unable to dial out of my laptop nor am I able...
  4. Your Phone app shows no Messages option

Your Phone app shows no Messages option: Trying to set up Your Phone app to use with my iPhone. Directions say to open the Your Phone app, choose my phone, choose Settings, then choose Messages -- but there is no Messages shown. What am I missing? Please help. TIA...
  5. Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up: This problem began this week. In the Your Phone app, when I start typing a name of a known contact, Your Phone app no longer suggests any names. And when I type in the phone number of a known contact, Your Phone app doesn't recognize it as a known contact and leaves only...
  6. No text message notifications in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No text message notifications in Your Phone app: I set up the Your Phone app with my Galaxy S9 and it mostly works, I can see photos, make calls, I've enabled notification access in the phone's permission settings, and I can send and receive texts and system-related notifications. The battery optimization exception setting...
  7. Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App

Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App: Hi I just recently downloaded the Your Phone App on the Microsoft store and the Your Phone Companion on my android. It works as I need it to but my computer will only sync when it is plugged into a power source. I am often on the go without plugging in my computer and was...
  8. 'Your Phone' App

'Your Phone' App: I have an iPhone, which isn't currently supported by the Your Phone app to receive or send text messages. Are you planning on adding more features including texting for iPhone? If so, when? I would really enjoy the app a lot more if there was a text messaging function that...
  9. "Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...

"Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...: Hi guys i am trying to troubleshoot my issue for an about month now, still no luck. My phone is clear Android, Nokia 8. As text messages are showing up properly the account must be linked properly. I tried to unlink the phone from my Microsoft account, resetting apps both...
  10. Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. You will can only delete messages on...