Windows 10: Spann or expand 2 partitions on the same drive?

Discus and support Spann or expand 2 partitions on the same drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have a external HDD that has a bad sector on it so i isolated and tacked down where the sector is and made partitions around it. now i have 2 healthy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XDM Inc, Oct 23, 2020.

1. XDM Inc Win User

Spann or expand 2 partitions on the same drive?

i have a external HDD that has a bad sector on it so i isolated and tacked down where the sector is and made partitions around it. now i have 2 healthy partitions that i wish i could merge back into one partition or extend it.

Spann or expand 2 partitions on the same drive? [​IMG]

:)

XDM Inc, Oct 23, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Spann or expand 2 partitions on the same drive?

Expanding C drive partition

Disk 3 is the new, larger SSD, whixh will eventuwlly become C, or disk 0, the boot drive. What i am trying to do is take the cloned partition and expand it, to take advantage of the space on the larger drive.

EdisonStewart, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Spann or expand 2 partitions on the same drive?

1. Spann or expand 2 partitions on the same drive? - Similar Threads - Spann expand partitions

2. Expand partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expand partition: I have 46 gb of unallocated space on my ssd. I want to expand my C drive, but the recovery partition is between C and the unallocated space. Can I delete the recovery partition and expand C, then re-create the recovery partition?...
  3. Expand partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expand partition: I have 46 gb of unallocated space on my ssd. I want to expand my C drive, but the recovery partition is between C and the unallocated space. Can I delete the recovery partition and expand C, then re-create the recovery partition?...
  4. Expand C Drive partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand C Drive partition: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude 3540 laptop. It has a 480GB SSD fitted, partitioned as C: & E:. There is about 20GB free of 220GB on C: and about 160GB free of 200GB on E:. In Computer Management, the two partitions are adjacent and there is no unallocated...
  5. Spann or expand 2 partitions on the same drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spann or expand 2 partitions on the same drive?: i have a external HDD that has a bad sector on it so i isolated and tacked down where the sector is and made partitions around it. now i have 2 healthy partitions that i wish i could merge back into one partition or extend it. [img] 166927
  6. 2 of the same partition in disk manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 of the same partition in disk manager?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nikkes91 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqpirk/2_of_the_same_partition_in_disk_manager/
  7. Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive

Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive: I currently have one 100MB EFI partition and I use grub to boot Windows 10, Manjaro, and Arch. I'm going to be installing macOS which requires a 200MB EFI partition. I have read though, that Windows may have issues with there being more than one EFI partition on a given disk,...
  8. Expanding OS partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Expanding OS partition: Disk Management shows my OS resided on a 223GB partition (C:) on an SSD that has 477GB. The SSD has these partitions: 102 MB Unallocated | OS (C:) 223 GB NTFS Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) | 103 MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) | 253 GB...
  9. Can't Expand Windows Partition

Can't Expand Windows Partition: Hello All, I am just trying to expand my Windows partition but the expand option is greyed out. Any advice on how to be able to expand it into the ~20 GB unallocated space. Thank you. [img] 50175
  10. Hard Drive Space loss after expanding partition

Hard Drive Space loss after expanding partition: Okay I have a small problem. I have a 120 gig solid state hard drive, that I have my OS installed on (Windows 10) I was going to install windows 7 on a second partition on that hard drive, so I shrank the current partition and it gave me unallocated space. I had a...