Windows 10: Spanned Drive Using USB External Drives

Discus and support Spanned Drive Using USB External Drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Finally updated my system to use 2 8TB external USB drives for nightly backups on my Windows 10 Pro disktop. The new drives replace my old 1.4TB and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by C177LVR, Dec 15, 2020.

1. C177LVR Win User

Spanned Drive Using USB External Drives

Finally updated my system to use 2 8TB external USB drives for nightly backups on my Windows 10 Pro disktop. The new drives replace my old 1.4TB and 4.0TB USB drives. I know the Disk Management app does not allow creating a spanned drive for USB drives. Does anyone know of a tool that will let me combine them into a logical drive? TIA

:)

C177LVR, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Dec 15, 2020
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Loss of External drives

Hi,

For better assistance, kindly verify the queries below:

• What is the make and model of the external drives?
    • Have you checked if both drivers are recognized on the BIOS settings?
    • Are you connecting the external hard drives via USB?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far for this issue?
    Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Spanned Drive Using USB External Drives - Similar Threads - Spanned Drive Using

2. USB external Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB external Drive: My wife's Windows 10 Pro PC suddenly died.Can I move her Ext drive to to my Windows 10 Pro PC, so we can read her files ?Both are identical DELL E6540's.I presently have my own Ext Drive all is working OK on my machine.Can I keep both of them plugged in ?We both are running...
  3. USB external Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB external Drive: My wife's Windows 10 Pro PC suddenly died.Can I move her Ext drive to to my Windows 10 Pro PC, so we can read her files ?Both are identical DELL E6540's.I presently have my own Ext Drive all is working OK on my machine.Can I keep both of them plugged in ?We both are running...
  4. USB external Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C drive expansion on spanned drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive expansion on spanned drive: Hello Team, Hope all is doing good and safe I have issue to increase C drive on spanned volume Kindly share steps or commands to fix such issue Below is the screen shot I cannot delete D drive or format it is required for users [ATTACH]...
  6. usb external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb external drives: Hello --- my hp laptop has 2 usb2 ports and 1 usb3 port and 1 usb-c port It seems that if I try to use a powered the hub uses a ac adaptor usb 3 hub connected to the usb 3 or usb c port after a time, any external disks plugged in to the hub seems to stop working -- and...
  7. Clone Entire Drive to an External USB Drive to use a Catastrophic Recovery Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone Entire Drive to an External USB Drive to use a Catastrophic Recovery Drive?: I need to have a clone of my ENTIRE SYSTEM on an external drive that I can use to: RECOVER MY ENTIRE SYSTEM... if my hard drive dies for whatever reason or melts or is stolen. IF someone breaks into my house and steals my entire computer along with my TV and sofa. I want...
  8. Cannot use USB External Hard Drive

Cannot use USB External Hard Drive: I am using Windows 10 Pro Build 19013.vb_release.191025-1609. Now I cannot use external hard drives. When plugging external hard drive I can hear the sound of something is connected. But, the drive never displayed in This PC. Checking Disk Management, the disk is not even...
  9. Using File History on external USB drive.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using File History on external USB drive.: I have all my docs on a separate drive than my system drive c:, called drive I, and I back up using FileHistory to drive K. I and K are different partitions on a separate but the same secondary hard drive, which is silly seeing that if the actual hardware crashed no files or...
  10. USB External Drive

USB External Drive: I use win 10. I have a Seagate external Slim Mobile Drive. It works fine but generates a warning in The USB Drive Device listing. The warning is: "This device cannot start." Should I Worry?...