Windows 10: Spanner in the Works

Discus and support Spanner in the Works in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 has for sometime been battling to give us the best Anti Virus & Malware defence possible. This seems by recent AV TEST Results ie.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fedbil100, Aug 7, 2019.

1. fedbil100 Win User

Spanner in the Works

Windows 10 has for sometime been battling to give us the best Anti Virus & Malware defence possible. This seems by recent AV TEST Results ie. Achieving The Best Anti Virus Certificate along with KASPERSKY NORTON F-SECURE . WINDOWS DEFENDER has arrived. Is it possible as a new King walks the Red Carpet opponents rivals throw broken glass under their feet. Naive users still fall into traps we are still not on a Par with Apple. Who creates the new malware .... are they Baddies who dont need no steeenking Badges. Are they just attention seeking Boffin Teens who the FBI are watching anyway are they State Organisations who the CIA are watching too. The USA Military are considering WINDOWS DEFENDER obviously with extra layers to the cake you will never cut through . To sum it up chill out relax and totally enjoy WINDOWS 10. God Bless

:)

fedbil100, Aug 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Spanner in the Works

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Spanner in the Works

1. Spanner in the Works - Similar Threads - Spanner Works

2. Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10): Hi, I suddenly find several applications no longer working. It looks like this started right after an update that occurred in the middle of the night on 14 August 2019. I have tried quite a few suggestions and recommendations but nothing has made a difference so far....
  3. critical error start menu not working

critical error start menu not working: critical error start menu not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-not-working/85162eb4-be71-43d6-ab55-0864b8e9f043
  4. Touch screen not working and HID device was removed from device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen not working and HID device was removed from device manager: Hi my laptop's touch screen stopped working when i follow updated from Lenovo. Then i tried to update the drivers and no success following online answers. Now not even the device manager shows the device in the HID section, even if you show all hidden devices. How to install...
  5. Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ?: Corsair launched Corsair RM850 that claims to be modern standby compatible . So modern standby needs this kind of PSU to work? What about other PSUs ? I didnt find other PSU that claims to be modern standby compatible, so I am not understanding what is going on......
  6. Speakers and headphones working same time and headphones don't show up in devices when...

Speakers and headphones working same time and headphones don't show up in devices when...: Recently after a windows update, my HP laptop (HP Notebook-15-ay191ms) started playing audio thru my headphones and my speakers at the same time. When I plug my headphones into the front port the laptop recognizes they are plugged in, and when I unplug it recognizes that as...
  7. Keyboard keys not working on Lock screen !!

Keyboard keys not working on Lock screen !!: I have HP pavilion Notebook with Windows 10 fully updated. Whenever I starts my laptop, the Lock screen ask for password, But when I type password only key I,tab and space work from HP Laptop Keyboard. Then I have to wait for a few minutes, the Lock screen starts...
  8. Display port for HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display port for HDMI not working: I cannot get the second monitor to work. It seems there is no output signal from display port for HDMI. I'm wondering if there is some setting that need to be done? (The monitor (HP LA2306x) is working fine with another computer)...
  9. Microsoft Paint not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Paint not working: Microsoft Paint isn't working. Basically when I do a cut and paste, the "cut" works fine and the "paste" is placed in the upper left corner. HOWEVER, I can't move the "paste". When I put the cursor into the pasted field it shows the usual sideways arrows, horizontal arrows...
  10. Games stop working after 1-10 min and sends me back to Desktop.

Games stop working after 1-10 min and sends me back to Desktop.: A while ago (about 3 weeks) I started having problems with games that just cuts off and sends me back to the desktop. It happens in many different games like Black Desert Online, Age of Empires, World of tanks, And the last one I tried was The Witcher 2. that I installed to...