Windows 10: Spartan/Edge

Discus and support Spartan/Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is the name of the new browser Spartan or is it Edge? 7255 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Frank1, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Frank1 Win User

Spartan/Edge

Is the name of the new browser Spartan or is it Edge?

:)

Frank1, Jun 20, 2015
  2. susanconn Win User

windows 10

I have one more question is the new browser in windows 10 Spartan or edge ..one microsoft agent said Spartan and the other said edge so im confused

susanconn, Jun 20, 2015
  3. Jetta48 Win User
    will internet explorer work on windos 10

Hi

Windows 10 for PCs will have both the new Microsoft Edge browser as well as IE11 Desktop.

For more info., please see:

Microsoft Edge FAQs

Jetta48, Jun 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Spartan/Edge

Hello Frank,

In the early builds up to build 10130 it was called "Project Spartan" while it was still in development.

It's official name is 'Microsoft Edge", and will no longer be named 'Project Spartan" in the next build release.

Here's some more info about all this if you like. *Smile

Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10

Brink, Jun 20, 2015
  5. Frank1 Win User
    Thanks, Shawn---I believe that I'll like it after I use it longer and get to know it. I was just about ready to ditch IE for something else so I'm glad that Edge came around.

Frank1, Jun 20, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, it should get better once they turn on all the features for Microsoft Edge as well.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Spartan/Edge

1. Spartan/Edge - Similar Threads - Spartan Edge

2. My laptop keyboard won't work with Halo: Spartan Strike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard won't work with Halo: Spartan Strike: When I saw there was a Halo game available for windows 10 I was very excited. I originally cam across Halo: Spartan Assault and played the demo. I enjoyed it but saw that it was quite old so I looked for a newer version. I then found Halo: Spartan Strike and saw that it was...
  3. laptop key's dont work for halo spartan strike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop key's dont work for halo spartan strike: how do i get this game to work on my laptop? the weird thing is that the older game spartan **** works on my laptop. I want to play spartan strike....
  4. How do i change what the address bar searches with in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How do i change what the address bar searches with in Spartan?: I'm a avid chrome user but totally keen and excited to give Spartan a go, but I'm drawing the line at using Bing as the default search engine via the address bar. Anyone know how I can change this? Ive gone into the settings on Spartan but its greyed out and wont let me...
  5. Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?

in Browsers and Email
    Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?: Is it possible to add accelerators to Edge such as 'Translate' ? The two things I miss most are the ability to swipe a word and use 'Bing search' to look it up, and alsothe ability to swipe and 'Translate' using Bing. 7316
  6. Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check??

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check??: For some reason.. I can't find out how to turn that feature on in the latest build(10130).. any advice on how to turn spell check for Spartan/Edge would be nice.*Huh TIA 6929
  7. Opening Multiple Favorites in Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Opening Multiple Favorites in Spartan/Edge: Has anyone found a method to open multiple favorites in Spartan/Edge? IE always has had the ability to right click a favorites folder and choose the option to open all favorites in the folder at once. I have yet to see any discussion or find a method to do so. Perhaps it just...
  8. Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan: I am using Build 10074. How do I pin a website to the Start Screen? In Win 8.1 Internet Explorer, I could "Add site to Apps", then pin it to Start. How do I do this with Edge? 5905
  9. Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge: OK, maybe I am missing something......but why if I stop Windows firewall, does it stop Spartan/Edge from being started!?. If Spartan is running and then I stop Windows firewall, Spartan continues to function - until I close it and then try to restart. I only ask as I use...
  10. Spartan now will be branded "Edge"

in Windows 10 News
    Spartan now will be branded "Edge": New name for Spartan broswer... Microsoft announced the oficial name of its new browser during the opening day of its Build 2015 show. [img] The final name is not "Spartan," which was the codename for the browser, as many had hoped and predicted. Instead, it's...