Windows 10: Spartan - importing bookmarks

Discus and support Spartan - importing bookmarks in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Not too sure what all the fuss is about with new browser & personally, don't really see the point to it being a 'die hard' Firefox user. But I'll... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by WightWalker, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Spartan - importing bookmarks

Not too sure what all the fuss is about with new browser & personally, don't really see the point to it being a 'die hard' Firefox user.

But I'll give it a go; however, is there a way to import bookmarks from either (or both) IE or Firefox into Spartan?

:)

WightWalker, Apr 2, 2015

2. Will Windows 10 have Internet Explorer?

IE is still included in windows 10 BUT it is being retired and replaced with project spartan. Spartan is set to be the default browser in win 10 and it can import all of IE's favs bookmarks, etc.

I suspect there will be some gowning pains in getting used to Spartan.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 2, 2015
  3. gandj Win User
    Spartan Browser in Win10

If I upgrade to 64-bit Win10 from my 64-bit Win7, will the new browser, Spartan, that will replace my IE11, save my browser settings and favorites from IE11 ?

If not, will it accept the saved file, bookmarks.htm, and thus successfully import (from a file) my favorites (bookmarks) into the new browser ?

gandj, Apr 2, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Spartan - importing bookmarks

I installed 10049 on existing 10041 which were all just update since first W10TP. At that time I copied Favorites folder from my 8.1 installation. Both IE and now Spartan picked up all bookmarks from that folder automatically.

CountMike, Apr 2, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I didn't even need to copy the folder -- but I prefer the layout panel listing Favourites with IE11 to that with Spartan.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 2, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Did you synchronize with other windows ?

CountMike, Apr 2, 2015
  7. None of the bookmarks from IE were picked at all.

WightWalker, Apr 2, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

Spartan picked up all my bookmarks from IE.

Winuser, Apr 2, 2015
  9. Spartan seemed to automatically "import" all my IE favorites --it's just that they're harder to find now than they were in IE.

Mark Phelps, Apr 2, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    I just ISO upgraded to 10049 (went A++ perfect) opened Spartan and my IE bookmarks were already there, just the bottom half of the icons and names are a bit cut off in the bookmarks bar, but I can still identify them, in the side bar everything is purrrrfect.

Cliff S, Apr 2, 2015
  11. CountMike New Member
    IE bookmarks/ favorites are in C:/Users/"your name"/ Favorites folder and browsers (yes, even Spartan and FF) can pick them from there.

CountMike, Apr 2, 2015
  12. It did not work out that well for me. Unfortunately, I kicked off Spartan before I ever kicked off IE on this fresh 10049 install. At first I spent a while trying to figure out how to set my home page which I eventually puzzled out. They I tried to figure out how to import my bookmarks. 20-30 minutes later, and a bunch of google searches later, I was still stumped. I could not even figure out how to create a bookmark, and add it to the bookmark bar. Once I got this far, I set about trying to figure out how to install IE. Turned out, IE was already installed, I just needed to fire it up, which I did and subsequently imported all of my backed up bookmarks.

At this point, I have all my bookmarks in IE, and the favorites folder in my profile is fully populated, but Spartan still has no bookmarks. I suspect, though am not sure, that the first time you run it perhaps, it looks at the contents of the favorites folder and imports whatever is there. This does not seem to happen after the first time you run it unfortunately. At least, this is the only rational I can think of as to why my situation did not play out the same as others in this thread.

musiclover7, Apr 2, 2015
  13. CountMike New Member

Unfortunately there's no option to import favorites/bookmarks after the fact. I even tried to associate .url with spartan.exe but it didn't work out.

CountMike, Apr 2, 2015
  14. I'm assuming the 'greyed' out book symbol is the Bookmarks Symbol which is maybe why I can't get my bookmarks, but can't see any way to activate this.

Favorites is set to on which I assume is just another name for Bookmarks - that being so, I'm kinda lost as to what to do next!

Spartan - importing bookmarks [​IMG]

WightWalker, Apr 2, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    The 'book' symbol is 'Reader Mode' for certain pages.

Edwin, Apr 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Spartan - importing bookmarks - Similar Threads - Spartan importing bookmarks

2. Edge Browser on Android - Import Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser on Android - Import Bookmarks: How do you import favourites into the Android Edge browser from a .html file or another browser? 129820
  3. How import bookmark firefox on edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    How import bookmark firefox on edge ?: Please a read different web page but no find solution to import bookmark from firefox on edge Thnak Hispa 13234
  4. No way to import bookmarks?

in Browsers and Email
    No way to import bookmarks?: In the Edge browser is there no way to import bookmarks? They've shown up in Spartan but not this time with 10122. Jim 6281
  5. Importing Bookmarks from Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Bookmarks from Firefox: Hi I am trying to import my Firefox bookmarks from my old computer into Windows 10, I have looked an some earlier forum discussions but cannot get them to move over. I have downloaded them into an HTML file on a USB stick, can I input from this anyway? 46615
  6. Problem importing Chrome bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Problem importing Chrome bookmarks: Have tried several times now to import the bookmarks form Chrome to my favourites bar but it just will not do it . The other 10 machines are set but this one will not let me do it - I have installed Chrome to make sure the bookmarks are available but again from settings and...
  7. No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?: Can't find an option to import bookmarks in Spartan. Please let me know if I am missing it. Thanks. 7307
  8. Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...
  9. Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...
  10. Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox: How to: Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox How to Import and Export Bookmarks via HTML in Firefox [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to easily export and import your bookmarks in the Mozilla Firefox web browser using HTML files. As well...