Windows 10: Spartan - importing bookmarks

Discus and support Spartan - importing bookmarks in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I think that may be for "reading list", read what ?, don't get that one. Maybe for tablets, something to read while waiting for MS to make a good... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by WightWalker, Apr 2, 2015.

1. CountMike New Member

Spartan - importing bookmarks

I think that may be for "reading list", read what ?, don't get that one. Maybe for tablets, something to read while waiting for MS to make a good browser.
    Anywho, the only way I can think of is to open a bookmark in IE, copy address in Spartan and than save bookmark.

CountMike, Apr 2, 2015
  2. Edwin New Member

It transforms certain pages into 'Reading Mode'.

Spartan - importing bookmarks [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 2, 2015
  3. CountMike New Member
    Can it be used off-line like that ?

CountMike, Apr 2, 2015
  4. Spartan - importing bookmarks

Yep.. So far, not very impressed with Spartan. The ability to import/export favorites is kind of a no brainer imo.

musiclover7, Apr 2, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Mike it's suppose to work like the Share option in windows 8.1 (on the flyout)

Cliff S, Apr 2, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Apr 2, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Me neither. If I do want to save a page, I can either use OneNote or in IE Gear icon>File>save as then it saves to documents for later viewing(something IE has always done). And Chrome has Save Page As in it's menu. I think this gadget is more for Tablets and phones.

Cliff S, Apr 2, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

I save them as .MHT, that way I can open them with any browser, mainly FF with .MHT add-on.

CountMike, Apr 2, 2015
  9. I dunno. I think the ability to convert a forum post, or a web page to a quick, readable guide could actually prove to be quite useful. I'll have to try this out a bit to see how much sense it makes.

Update: I just gave this a try on a few sites, and I think it is quite useful. For instance, go to the following page (chosen at random) and press the button: Kodi Setup 16 and below

What it does, and what I think could be useful, is it gets rid of all the rest of the adds and fluff that is on the site and just focuses on the meat in a very readable format. Now, if I then had the ability to save the readable form of the web page to a document locally, this could be even more useful. I have not unfortunately, been able to figure out how to do this.

musiclover7, Apr 2, 2015
  10. Winuser Win User
    @musiclover7. It doesn't always show all the post in a page. Try it on this page and all that shows is your post. It does have potential once the bugs are worked out. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 2, 2015
  11. Yeah. It seems to focus just on a particular post, which I actually like. They just need to incorporate a handy way to save it.

musiclover7, Apr 2, 2015
  12. Winuser Win User
    I'm sure they will in a future update. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 3, 2015
  13. badrobot Win User

If you have a backup of your bookmarks in html format, this is just a rough workaround (temporary solution while MS is still working on it) for "importing" your bookmarks to Project Spartan browser using the Favorites box.

As you can see in the attached video, there is also a bug where dragging html files to Spartan does not work. But if you right-click the html file and select "Open with" Project Spartan, the html file opens up.

badrobot, Apr 3, 2015
  14. sgtaylor5 Win User
    Project Spartan is a Modern "Windows Store App" and hence its favorites are well hidden:

C:\Users"Your user name"\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Spartan_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\Spartan\User\Default\Favorit es

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...0-6eb3b789bd90

The AppData folder is hidden, but Microsoft FINALLY made the "Show Hidden Files" a checkbox in File Explorer under the "View" tab in Windows 8 and above.

sgtaylor5, May 28, 2015
  15. You mean the check box on the View Ribbon, right?

Spartan - importing bookmarks [​IMG]

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Spartan - importing bookmarks - Similar Threads - Spartan importing bookmarks

2. Edge Browser on Android - Import Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser on Android - Import Bookmarks: How do you import favourites into the Android Edge browser from a .html file or another browser? 129820
  3. How import bookmark firefox on edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    How import bookmark firefox on edge ?: Please a read different web page but no find solution to import bookmark from firefox on edge Thnak Hispa 13234
  4. No way to import bookmarks?

in Browsers and Email
    No way to import bookmarks?: In the Edge browser is there no way to import bookmarks? They've shown up in Spartan but not this time with 10122. Jim 6281
  5. Importing Bookmarks from Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Bookmarks from Firefox: Hi I am trying to import my Firefox bookmarks from my old computer into Windows 10, I have looked an some earlier forum discussions but cannot get them to move over. I have downloaded them into an HTML file on a USB stick, can I input from this anyway? 46615
  6. Problem importing Chrome bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Problem importing Chrome bookmarks: Have tried several times now to import the bookmarks form Chrome to my favourites bar but it just will not do it . The other 10 machines are set but this one will not let me do it - I have installed Chrome to make sure the bookmarks are available but again from settings and...
  7. No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?: Can't find an option to import bookmarks in Spartan. Please let me know if I am missing it. Thanks. 7307
  8. Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...
  9. Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...
  10. Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox: How to: Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox How to Import and Export Bookmarks via HTML in Firefox [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to easily export and import your bookmarks in the Mozilla Firefox web browser using HTML files. As well...