Windows 10: Spartan SSD memory usage and heat buildup

Discus and support Spartan SSD memory usage and heat buildup in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Using Spartan on an SSD ultra-book I have noticed high memory usage and excessive heat build up. The fan on the computer runs almost constantly and I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Reldel, May 9, 2015.

1. Reldel Win User

Spartan SSD memory usage and heat buildup

Using Spartan on an SSD ultra-book I have noticed high memory usage and excessive heat build up. The fan on the computer runs almost constantly and I can feel the computer heat up. No such problem with using IE11 in Windows 10.

Never saw the issue on Windows 8 on the same computer during three years of usage.

Appears to be clearly related to Spartan.

:)

Reldel, May 9, 2015

2. Power suddendly restarts

Look in C:\Windows for a file named Memory.dmp .

That does sound like a hardware problem, possibly due to heat buildup.

SpiritX MS MVP, May 9, 2015
  3. suat.cini Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade on Inspiron 14z

Your best bet could be clean-install Windows 10, but I suppose you cannot do it because your Windows 10 is not yet activated. Therefore, what I suggest is, find/buy/borrow a notebook cooler and try to run your notebook on it. This may buy you some time to
    find out what is causing the heat buildup. You can open Task Manager and look at the processes tab. If you see something is consuming too much cpu usage, you may be able to kill that process.

This also could be as simple as dust build up on cpu heat sink or accidental blockage of the cpu cooler fan.

Hope this helps.

suat.cini, May 9, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

It's just fine on my end, less resources than even FF and videos like from YT work flawlessly with minimal CPU and RAM usage.

CountMike, May 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Spartan SSD memory usage and heat buildup - Similar Threads - Spartan SSD memory

2. Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Usage: I just bought a pc about 3 days ago and my memory usage slowly increases untill my pc crashes. When i go into task manager and look at processes, all i see is a bunch of windows services. They all continue to rise at about .1Mb a second. Ive tryed a few fixes ive seen im...
  3. Memory Usage

Memory Usage: Dell T7500 Pecision Workstation. Windows 10 64-bit with 24 GB memory. All 24 GB is shown as available by the System Information Window. But the Resource Manager ALLWAYS shows that only 2 GB of memory are being used. Even with memory intensive applications. How do I fix...
  4. Memory usages explained

Memory usages explained: I was running Windows 10 with 12gb, using about 70 to 80% of memory. I upgraded my memory to 24gb and still using 70 to 80% of memory. Can this be explained? I would not though memory usage would be so aggressive in Windows 10....
  5. Memory Usage

Memory Usage: My computer is in idle state still 80 to 90% of the memory is being used. Due to this I am unable to do anything on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-usage/5db7c4ad-57c7-4f61-b9df-f84b267ecd88
  6. CPU and Memory usage

CPU and Memory usage: Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for quite some while and it was fanrtastic, but my PC started to get slower and slower every day. I decided to check Task Manager and I saw that the CPU usage was at 100% and the Memory usage was at 80%. I did a quick clean to my components...
  7. Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory Usage: Hi, I bought a new laptop two days ago. It is a DELL Inspiron 13 5000 13.3 inch 2 in 1 convertible touchscreen laptop. The CPU is an i3-7100U and it has 4 GB RAM with a 1TB HDD. I noticed it can lag a bit when I open anything. Nothing has been downloaded onto the Laptop, I...
  8. High memory usage

High memory usage: Hello everyone. I used win 7 before win 10 and now I have an issue with memory. For instance, playing games like nba2k15 my computer used about 2.6-2.8 GB of 4 GB but not more than 3 GB in win 7. Now it uses almost all 4 GB and of course it lags. So, does anybody has similar...
  9. High Memory Usage

High Memory Usage: Hello, I have a question. The system process (ntoskrnl.exe) using excessive amount of RAM. So, how do I fix that? Thanks 15809
  10. FF Memory Usage

FF Memory Usage: [img] I leave Twitch running at night so I can get free things in game. When I wake up, I the usage is completely ridiculous as you can see. What is going on? How do I fix this? 97136