Windows 10: Spartan SSD memory usage and heat buildup

Discus and support Spartan SSD memory usage and heat buildup in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Using Spartan on an SSD ultra-book I have noticed high memory usage and excessive heat build up. The fan on the computer runs almost constantly and I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Reldel, May 9, 2015.

1. Reldel Win User

Spartan SSD memory usage and heat buildup

Using Spartan on an SSD ultra-book I have noticed high memory usage and excessive heat build up. The fan on the computer runs almost constantly and I can feel the computer heat up. No such problem with using IE11 in Windows 10.

Never saw the issue on Windows 8 on the same computer during three years of usage.

Appears to be clearly related to Spartan.

:)

Reldel, May 9, 2015

2. Power suddendly restarts

Look in C:\Windows for a file named Memory.dmp .

That does sound like a hardware problem, possibly due to heat buildup.

SpiritX MS MVP, May 9, 2015
  3. suat.cini Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade on Inspiron 14z

Your best bet could be clean-install Windows 10, but I suppose you cannot do it because your Windows 10 is not yet activated. Therefore, what I suggest is, find/buy/borrow a notebook cooler and try to run your notebook on it. This may buy you some time to
    find out what is causing the heat buildup. You can open Task Manager and look at the processes tab. If you see something is consuming too much cpu usage, you may be able to kill that process.

This also could be as simple as dust build up on cpu heat sink or accidental blockage of the cpu cooler fan.

Hope this helps.

suat.cini, May 9, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

It's just fine on my end, less resources than even FF and videos like from YT work flawlessly with minimal CPU and RAM usage.

CountMike, May 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Spartan SSD memory usage and heat buildup - Similar Threads - Spartan SSD memory

2. Memory usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Memory usage: I don't know Why my Memory use of antivirus service are so high https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/memory-usage/e86a6d14-787e-450a-b90a-0261aebcdff9
  3. memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    memory usage: hi all:My laptop has 16GB of ram installed. Checking the memory information via the task manager, it states that 5.9GB is in use and 9.6GB available. Is 5.9GB in use normal or can I lower the usage of the GB of ram?...
  4. 100% disk usage and laptop heating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% disk usage and laptop heating: Hi Few days before i did a full antivirus scan with my McAfee antivirus software after some time i touched my laptop it was heating ver badly this did not happen before and my disk usage was 100 % Then i reserted my laptop my laptop drive started heating and and i could...
  5. Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Usage: Hiya, My name is Angelo, Hi. My issues is the total amount of RAM that is being sucked-up as in used by the O/S even without me doing anything. The first thing I notice is that the antimalware app is killing my RAM, then WMI, System Interrupts, all the usual, then...
  6. Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Usage: My computer is in idle state still 80 to 90% of the memory is being used. Due to this I am unable to do anything on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-usage/5db7c4ad-57c7-4f61-b9df-f84b267ecd88
  7. Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan: The latest build 10049 has an early version of Spartan. I found it strange that when I enable the favorites bar, it shows what I had on my chrome install, not IE. The favorites bar is also cutoff. I think I was confused on the chrome thing*Redface [img] 5048
  8. Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan: Can anyone tell me how to set a homepage in 10130 please. Also, how do I get a Google shortcut on to the desktop. These seem stupid questions but I honestly don't know*Sad 7097
  9. Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan: I installed Windows 10 10049 and Spartan is not there. Is there anyway to fix that? 5196
  10. Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory Usage: Hi, I bought a new laptop two days ago. It is a DELL Inspiron 13 5000 13.3 inch 2 in 1 convertible touchscreen laptop. The CPU is an i3-7100U and it has 4 GB RAM with a 1TB HDD. I noticed it can lag a bit when I open anything. Nothing has been downloaded onto the Laptop, I...