Windows 10: Spartan

Discus and support Spartan in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Frankly, no sarcasm to you, I am not surprised it is fast - it has no useable features yet, to speak of. Holds promise? Those dozens of programming... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dude, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Mystere Win User

Spartan

Frankly, I think you're underestimating the amount of effort it takes to build an entirely new web browser from scratch. The fact that it's already so relatively complete, HTML rendering wise is amazing. So the chrome is still being worked on. So the various app features are buggy... the important part is how it renders web pages, and that seems to be top notch, uses a bare minimum of resources (10-15MB per page? Wow!) and it's super fast.

How fast it renders is has nothing to do with all the other stuff around it, like having a working download manager, or links bar that works correctly.

Mystere, Mar 31, 2015
  2. badrobot Win User

It's far from a preview. A preview is something that works and just need some tweaking. This one barely works at all. Some functions are "coming soon". It's very raw.

The concept is very good. Most of us here are expecting something better than that. It's even a pain posting a reply here using that thing.
    I tested the preview of Maxthon Nitro and Vivaldi. That my friend is what you call a "preview". Not this.

badrobot, Mar 31, 2015
  3. Dude Win User
    It seems to be working better today for me. It is pretty fast, hoping the next build brings more features to it

4. Mystere Win User

Spartan

You have an incorrect understanding. This is a "Technical Preview", which means that it's pre-beta. It's basically alpha level. It means it's basically only ready for the most technical people to play with to get an idea of what's coming.

Mystere, Mar 31, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    No, you have an incorrect definition of a preview. You said "to get an idea", that means it's a conceptual release. A concept is something abstract and raw. And that is what the Spartan is right now. So it's not a preview. It's a concept. An interactive concept that's why it is very limited in functionality.

badrobot, Mar 31, 2015
  6. otbiker Win User
    Has anyone found a way to import bookmarks? Have been using Chrome, so I had no IE bookmarks for it to carry over...

otbiker, Mar 31, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
  8. Edwin New Member

Spartan

Anybody notice that the scroll bar background is translucent?

Edwin, Apr 1, 2015
  9. badrobot Win User
    I noticed that you can't drag a tab to move/open a new window. Right-click is the only option.

badrobot, Apr 1, 2015
  10. badrobot Win User
    If the window is not maximized, it is translucent. Probably a way of telling the user that he/she is not seeing the whole picture and needs to side scroll.

badrobot, Apr 1, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    I meant the scroll bar track lets through the web page color and content, maximized or not. Also the scroll bar fades out if you're not moving your cursor.

2 examples:

Spartan [​IMG]

Spartan [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 1, 2015
  12. Edwin New Member
    This is weird! I just got this while on Spartan!

Spartan [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 1, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

Spartan

What's Spartan's final name going to be? Is that still up in the air?

Edwin, Apr 1, 2015
  14. Charlie Win User
    PS.

Charlie, Apr 1, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    I thought there was still rumors it was going to be 'Edge', or 'Spartan Edge'.
    Makes a little bit of sense:

Spartan [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 1, 2015
Thema:

Spartan

1. Spartan - Similar Threads - Spartan

2. My laptop keyboard won't work with Halo: Spartan Strike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard won't work with Halo: Spartan Strike: When I saw there was a Halo game available for windows 10 I was very excited. I originally cam across Halo: Spartan Assault and played the demo. I enjoyed it but saw that it was quite old so I looked for a newer version. I then found Halo: Spartan Strike and saw that it was...
  3. laptop key's dont work for halo spartan strike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop key's dont work for halo spartan strike: how do i get this game to work on my laptop? the weird thing is that the older game spartan **** works on my laptop. I want to play spartan strike....
  4. Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing: As it says... I often need to highlight a section of text in a web page and then look it up using Bing. Is this doable ? 7115
  5. How do i change what the address bar searches with in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How do i change what the address bar searches with in Spartan?: I'm a avid chrome user but totally keen and excited to give Spartan a go, but I'm drawing the line at using Bing as the default search engine via the address bar. Anyone know how I can change this? Ive gone into the settings on Spartan but its greyed out and wont let me...
  6. Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?

in Browsers and Email
    Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?: Is it possible to add accelerators to Edge such as 'Translate' ? The two things I miss most are the ability to swipe a word and use 'Bing search' to look it up, and alsothe ability to swipe and 'Translate' using Bing. 7316
  7. Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan/Edge: Is the name of the new browser Spartan or is it Edge? 7255
  8. How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE

in Browsers and Email
    How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE: Hi, We have developed one website. which is working properly in IE 7,8 ,10 but in Spartan it is not viewing properly. We want to use Project spartan UI. Without using option "Open in Internet Explorer" which is available in Project Spartan. Kinldy suggest how to view...
  9. No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?: Can't find an option to import bookmarks in Spartan. Please let me know if I am missing it. Thanks. 7307
  10. Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge: OK, maybe I am missing something......but why if I stop Windows firewall, does it stop Spartan/Edge from being started!?. If Spartan is running and then I stop Windows firewall, Spartan continues to function - until I close it and then try to restart. I only ask as I use...