Windows 10: Spatial Audio in Windows 10

Discus and support Spatial Audio in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been using the trail version of Dolby Atmos in Windows 10 for 7 days and I really liked it. Now that the trail is over I was thinking if there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KrishnaKA2810, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Spatial Audio in Windows 10

I have been using the trail version of Dolby Atmos in Windows 10 for 7 days and I really liked it. Now that the trail is over I was thinking if there is a free 5.1 or 7.1 virtual sound that you guys are aware of. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/KrishnaKA2810
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KrishnaKA2810, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

spatial sound

Hi,

Windows Sonic is Microsoft’s audio platform for more immersive audio. It includes integrated spatial sound on Windows, with support for both surround and elevation audio cues.

We would like to more about your issue:

• Were there changes made on your device prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to you prompt response.

Jose Est, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Spatial Sound

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature is available in Windows 10 but by default, it has been disabled. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Get back to us if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Spatial Audio in Windows 10

Spatial sound is not available on this device

Hello,

The Spatial Sound feature in Windows 10 is disabled by default. To enable it, follow these steps:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

Regards.

Marvin Barc, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Spatial Audio in Windows 10

1. Spatial Audio in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Spatial Audio

2. Spatial Audio not working! Bruh

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Audio not working! Bruh: My computer's spatial audio hasn't been working across multiple pairs of headphones recently. In the settings, it oddly switches automatically to off when I change the setting in the drop bar. Here is a gyazo gif I took displaying my issue. Thanks for the help!...
  3. Spatial audio issue with Blutetooth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial audio issue with Blutetooth?: Is it me or when trying to enable Dolby under the spatial audio portion of the sound control panel for my Bluetooth headphones windows locks up for a solid couple of minutes or two trying to change the setting? Is this common? Note when trying to change it for my Realtek...
  4. No Directional Audio or Spatial sound on Windows

No Directional Audio or Spatial sound on Windows: Recently I had updated Windows to the newest update and I noticed that my audio was a little flat. I tried playing games and I noticed that there is no Directional audio, For example when I hear a gunshot there is no way of knowing what direction it was from. I am a seriously...
  5. Windows Spatial Audio - No longer an option for 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spatial Audio - No longer an option for 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound?: Since updating to version 1909 last month it now seems that the Windows Spatial Audio API no longer virtualizes multichannel audio played through any media player. The checkbox that used to be visible in the sound device properties "Spatial Audio" tab to 'Turn on 7.1 Virtual...
  6. Do spatial audio do anything for games with stereo only sound?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Do spatial audio do anything for games with stereo only sound?: How does Dolby Atmos for Headphones and Windows Sonic treat games that output only stereo sound? Most articles say you need to feed the API's 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound but i can clearly hear both these technologies applying HRTF effects on stereo only games like "Escape from...
  7. Dolby Atmos Spatial sound only turns on if I reset my Focusrite Scarlet USB audio interface...

Dolby Atmos Spatial sound only turns on if I reset my Focusrite Scarlet USB audio interface...: I can't turn Dolby Atmos on any of my headphone audio devices (an Arctis 7 headset, or a Focusrite audio interace which lines out to said headset) until I explicitly reset my Focusrite audio interface using their "Focusrite Control" software and selecting "reset to factory...
  8. Roblox audio issues since spatial sound MS update KB4512941

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Roblox audio issues since spatial sound MS update KB4512941: Hi there, Since my PC updated I've been having weird audio issues in Roblox games. Uninstalling this patch KB4512941 fixes the issue but each time the update come back the problem happens again. The weird audio issues involve very loud sounds depending where you move...
  9. Realtek audio: can't *disable* spatial sound ???

Realtek audio: can't *disable* spatial sound ???: My system is a brand new DELL Precision 5530 workstation (pro version of the popular XPS 15). Without entering too much into the technical details and symptoms, after long and careful testing, I have good reasons to believe that my Realtek audio device is always using...
  10. Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic) Greyed Out and other audio problems

Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic) Greyed Out and other audio problems: Hello. Been having a problem with turning on the Spatial sound feature as it is greyed out. My system specs are: ASUS X555LN Laptop Windows 10 x64 (updated from windows 8.1 about a year ago) Build No. 17134 Been doing some uninstall and re-installation of my sound...