Windows 10: Spatial audio

Discus and support Spatial audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason whenever I try to turn on spatial audio, it just doesn't work. I use a steelseries 7 wireless headset and spatial audio worked on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Adrian3B, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Adrian3B Win User

Spatial audio

For some reason whenever I try to turn on spatial audio, it just doesn't work. I use a steelseries 7 wireless headset and spatial audio worked on my console with no problem but now that u have upgraded to a pc, it just does not work for some reason. I've tried installing latest drivers, updating windows, and uninstalling and reinstalling the audio device, non of it helped.

:)

Adrian3B, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

spatial sound

Hi,

Windows Sonic is Microsoft’s audio platform for more immersive audio. It includes integrated spatial sound on Windows, with support for both surround and elevation audio cues.

We would like to more about your issue:

• Were there changes made on your device prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to you prompt response.

Jose Est, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Spatial Sound

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature is available in Windows 10 but by default, it has been disabled. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Get back to us if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Proton26 Win User

Spatial audio

Spatial Sound

Hey Jennifer,

Thanks for revert.

Things go good till step 3.

But then i get stuck. Attaching the screenshot.

Spatial audio 2b0dc05a-7bce-4d94-b76f-45e633396d03.jpg

How do i do the 5th Step?

Proton26, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Spatial audio

1. Spatial audio - Similar Threads - Spatial audio

2. Windows Spatial Audio can't be turned on even if Dolby Atmos came pre-installed and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spatial Audio can't be turned on even if Dolby Atmos came pre-installed and...: Hello, my Asus TUF A152022 Laptop came with a Licensed Dolby Atmos and was running fine for a few months until I downloaded Driver Booster 11 which was a Windows 11 Driver Updater and I started updating everything that the app suggested and noticed that my Dolby Spatial Sound...
  3. Windows Spatial Audio can't be turned on even if Dolby Atmos came pre-installed and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spatial Audio can't be turned on even if Dolby Atmos came pre-installed and...: Hello, my Asus TUF A152022 Laptop came with a Licensed Dolby Atmos and was running fine for a few months until I downloaded Driver Booster 11 which was a Windows 11 Driver Updater and I started updating everything that the app suggested and noticed that my Dolby Spatial Sound...
  4. Windows 11 Spatial Audio is not available with Sample Rate 32bit/384kHz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Spatial Audio is not available with Sample Rate 32bit/384kHz: Hi, new to audio.Just want to ask. I'm using DAC Type C dongle Conexant CX31993 to listen Tidal at Max Quality HiRes or MQA. By default when plugin the DAC, the audio sample rate is 16bit/48kHz and the Spatial Audio can be turned on. But when i changed the sample rate to the...
  5. Windows 11 Spatial Audio is not available with Sample Rate 32bit/384kHz

Windows 11 Spatial Audio is not available with Sample Rate 32bit/384kHz: Hi, new to audio.Just want to ask. I'm using DAC Type C dongle Conexant CX31993 to listen Tidal at Max Quality HiRes or MQA. By default when plugin the DAC, the audio sample rate is 16bit/48kHz and the Spatial Audio can be turned on. But when i changed the sample rate to the...
  6. After most recent Windows update, spatial audio is always on - no way to turn it off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After most recent Windows update, spatial audio is always on - no way to turn it off.: After booting up my PC on 9/20/2023 all audio has become spatial with no way to turn it off. I've checked all my audio devices and it's marked as "off," I've tried plugging in my headphones to different aux ports, and have done troubleshooting on my audio software to confirm...
  7. After most recent Windows update, spatial audio is always on - no way to turn it off.

After most recent Windows update, spatial audio is always on - no way to turn it off.: After booting up my PC on 9/20/2023 all audio has become spatial with no way to turn it off. I've checked all my audio devices and it's marked as "off," I've tried plugging in my headphones to different aux ports, and have done troubleshooting on my audio software to confirm...
  8. After most recent Windows update, spatial audio is always on - no way to turn it off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My windows 11 doesn't let me use Dolby spatial audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 doesn't let me use Dolby spatial audio: When I go to audio settings, spatial audio, select the drop down menu, select Dolby, the menu closes and it goes back to off. In the settings app, if I go in the audio device, the spatial audio is greyed out, even tho I have Dolby Atmos for headphones purchased. Help please I...
  10. My windows 11 doesn't let me use Dolby spatial audio

My windows 11 doesn't let me use Dolby spatial audio: When I go to audio settings, spatial audio, select the drop down menu, select Dolby, the menu closes and it goes back to off. In the settings app, if I go in the audio device, the spatial audio is greyed out, even tho I have Dolby Atmos for headphones purchased. Help please I...