Windows 10: Spatial sound defaulting to Windows Sonic for headphones after every PC restart

Discus and support Spatial sound defaulting to Windows Sonic for headphones after every PC restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want spatial sound to set to Dolby Atmos but it keeps defaulting to windows sonic when windows restarts. Seems like lots of people have this issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/neotekz, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Spatial sound defaulting to Windows Sonic for headphones after every PC restart

I want spatial sound to set to Dolby Atmos but it keeps defaulting to windows sonic when windows restarts. Seems like lots of people have this issue for a while now if they want to use anything else for spatial sound for their headphones. I've tried editing the registry to default to Atmos but that still didn't work. Is there a fix for this yet?

submitted by /u/neotekz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/neotekz, Mar 8, 2021

2. Spatial Sound (windows sonic for headphones, Dolby Atoms for Headphones/ with Astro A50 wireless headset)

Microsoft has its own spatial sound, but it works only with headphones. It's called Windows Sonic for Headphones. try that.

seahawks65, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables windows sonic.

Hi Dorklingshot,

I would like to know what device you were trying to work with Windows Sonic. If you're trying to set up Windows Sonic for Headphones, then follow these steps:

1. Connect your headphones to your computer.
    2. Once done, right-click on the Speaker icon on the system tray, and select
      Spatial sound. If you have a drop-down option, then select
      Windows Sonic for Headphones
      . If you don't, then proceed with the next step.
    3. On the Speaker Properties window, click the Spatial sound.
    4. Under Spatial sound format, click the drop-down arrow, and select Windows Sonic for Headphones.
    5. Tick the box for Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound.
    6. Click Apply, then OK.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Spatial sound defaulting to Windows Sonic for headphones after every PC restart

Sonic Spatial Sound

I recently got a new pair of headphones that are supposed to have 7.1 surround sound but it doesn't seem to work on my computer, I tried messing with the settings to get the sound I want from my headphones until I came across the SSS (Sonic Spatial Sound)
    but it doesn't seem to want to work. If I could get any help that would be appreciated and as a side note, the headphones I got are the Onikuma K10 Pro.

DylanTorres1, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Spatial sound defaulting to Windows Sonic for headphones after every PC restart

1. Spatial sound defaulting to Windows Sonic for headphones after every PC restart - Similar Threads - Spatial sound defaulting

2. Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound: Windows automatically switches my spatial sound to Windows Sonic, usually when I check my audio. It can be annoying because it corrupts audio from recordings and windows switches the spatial sound. Is there any fix for this?...
  3. Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound: Windows automatically switches my spatial sound to Windows Sonic, usually when I check my audio. It can be annoying because it corrupts audio from recordings and windows switches the spatial sound. Is there any fix for this?...
  4. Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Spatial Sound defaults to "Off" after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spatial Sound defaults to "Off" after restart: Hi. I bought Dolby Atmos and DTS from the Microsoft Store and set them as the Spatial sound by right-clicking the sound icon in the notifications tray and then selecting either from the menu. Both works fine but my problem is that every time a wake up my PC from sleep or...
  6. Skullcandy spatial sound not showing window sonic for headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skullcandy spatial sound not showing window sonic for headphones: I am trying to find ways of being able to access my window sonic for headphones, but that it won't show up and I don't know how to be able to download it or to be able to contact the manufacturer because of how it doesn't show where to ask for help. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Windows sonic menu on spatial sound greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sonic menu on spatial sound greyed out: My laptop : LENOVO IDEAPAD S145 Processor: Intel i3 8145u VGA :Nvidia MX110 My problem : I just following some steps on youtube for installing dolby atmos drivers and controller Then after updating the driver and restarting its still no sound and the speaker...
  8. Spatial sound after may update keeps defaulting to windows sonic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial sound after may update keeps defaulting to windows sonic: Every time I start a game after pc is restarted it changes from dolby atmos to windows sonic, if i exit a game and change back to dolby atmos manually then its fine until next pc restart/shutdown. It started to happen after may update, I tried reinstalling audio drivers and...
  9. Spatial sound windows sonic and dolby atmos for headphones/home theater settings are not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial sound windows sonic and dolby atmos for headphones/home theater settings are not...: cSir someone has tampered my windows 10 PC's spatial sound coding feature... Since yesterday I am unable to upscale any Dolby digital; Dolby digital plus; Dolby true HD content into full Dolby atmos. Even though I have enabled Dolby atmos for headphones via the Dolby Access...
  10. Sonic Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sonic Spatial Sound: I recently got a new pair of headphones that are supposed to have 7.1 surround sound but it doesn't seem to work on my computer, I tried messing with the settings to get the sound I want from my headphones until I came across the SSS Sonic Spatial Sound but it doesn't seem to...