Windows 10: Spatial Sound doesn't turn on

Discus and support Spatial Sound doesn't turn on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got a surround sound headset and wanted to use it for gaming. Realized that my spatial sound wasn't working. Every time I turn it on, it turns right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NathanSuhoney, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Spatial Sound doesn't turn on

I got a surround sound headset and wanted to use it for gaming. Realized that my spatial sound wasn't working. Every time I turn it on, it turns right back off. I've tried updating drivers (I have default drivers), reinstalling drivers, and pretty much everything. The issue still happens in safe mode. It does give me the options, as I do have the Dolby Atmos, but it doesn't work. I can hear perfectly fine, but not surround sound. Also, when I right-click the sound button, the speaker says "Speaker setup (UNKOWN)" and only gives the option of off. Please help.

:)

NathanSuhoney, Aug 7, 2019
  2. boop2951 Win User

Spatial Sound

I followed the instructions but when I got to #4 spatial sound said off and there was no other info or any way to turn it on. I hit return to default but that did nothing. Please help. my earphones are off .

boop2951, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Spatial Sound

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature is available in Windows 10 but by default, it has been disabled. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Get back to us if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Spatial Sound doesn't turn on

Spatial sound is not available on this device

I think it's pretty obvious that he wasn't looking for that answer. He clearly explained that he's not able to turn on the spatial sound and not that he's unable to find a way to turn the spatial sound on. I've got the same problem and I too am looking for
    answers. Thank you for being nice enough to come up with an answer but please read the questions carefully before answerig them.

AbdulMohi1, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Spatial Sound doesn't turn on

1. Spatial Sound doesn't turn on - Similar Threads - Spatial Sound doesn't

2. Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spatial Sound: I have been trying to enable spatial sound but my computer won't let me, when I turn it on it instantly changes my spatial sound settings to off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spatial-sound/f84f3c46-e2b6-4db5-875f-d66471f6e91e
  3. why is spatial sound not available ?????

why is spatial sound not available ?????: for some time now i have been having this problem that is not having spatial sound although i connected my headphones and dolby access does not see my headphones and even sonic headphones for windows does not work too so and in the playback device section when i choose my...
  4. Spatial sound issues

Spatial sound issues: Hi, I recently downloaded the Dolby access app from the store for my other computer with windows 10. I had followed the on-screen steps to set up the Dolby atmos for my home theater but on the drop down menu in the spatial sound section, only the following two options were...
  5. Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 News
    Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound: [ATTACH] If your Windows 10 computer supports Dolby Atmos, and you want to use it on the Home Theater, few settings have to be changed. However, if you get an error Spatial sound isn’t working, Something went wrong while trying to [...] This post Something went wrong while...
  6. Spatial Sound Not Working At All

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spatial Sound Not Working At All: I have a custom built PC and I cannot get Spatial Sound or 7.1 Surround Sound to work in my HyperX cloud flights please help!! Specs: CPU:i7 7700k 8th Gen Hard Drives: WD Black SSD $100 WD 1TB MOTHERBOARD:GIGABYTE Aorus Z270X Gaming K7 GFX CARD:GTX 1070...
  7. Spatial Sound not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound not working: Can't seem to get my spatial sound to work, currently on windows 10 using realtek high definition audio. Every time I try to select a spatial sound option, it switches automatically to off. I've tried reinstalling and updating drivers, neither of which worked. Please help....
  8. something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound

something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound: Hello. i have a 3 channel dolby atmos soundbar connected to HDMI to PC. I have a 2 separate window installation on seperate hard drive. one is main drive run on latest release preview build, other one run on latest fast ring, both have latest intel drivers installed....
  9. something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound

something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound: Please help, i have Asus ROG GL-553VW and OS build - 17134.165 and i bought Dolby atoms but it's not working. I tried to update my drivers still no effect. Please help...
  10. Spatial sound

Spatial sound: Hello, I have read how to enable spatial sound, but my only option is off, I know my headphones have spatial sound, but it won't work, can anybody tell me how to turn spatial sound on?...