Windows 10: Spatial Sound: Easy way to toggle on/off (jumping between speakers/headphones)?

Discus and support Spatial Sound: Easy way to toggle on/off (jumping between speakers/headphones)? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I sometimes use headphones, sometimes speakers. I'm also a gamer. I have to explicitly enable/disable spatial sound on/off every time I jump between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lettucewrap4, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Spatial Sound: Easy way to toggle on/off (jumping between speakers/headphones)?

I sometimes use headphones, sometimes speakers. I'm also a gamer.

I have to explicitly enable/disable spatial sound on/off every time I jump between speakers and headphones.

There surely has to be an easier way, or an auto-detection of headphones to swap back/forth?

submitted by /u/lettucewrap4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lettucewrap4, Jul 30, 2020

2. Spatial sounds

Ok basically when I click on the sound icon and hover over spatial sounds it says off and I can't click on windows sonic for headphones or click on Dolby atmos for headphones and when i go to playback and click on the speakers (razer surround audio controller)
    and go to properties and click on spatial sounds and than click on off it shows nothing but, off

Please help me

KarmanDhaliwal, Jul 30, 2020
  3. boop2951 Win User
    Spatial Sound

I followed the instructions but when I got to #4 spatial sound said off and there was no other info or any way to turn it on. I hit return to default but that did nothing. Please help. my earphones are off .

boop2951, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Spatial Sound: Easy way to toggle on/off (jumping between speakers/headphones)?

Spatial Sound Format Speaker Properties

I recently had to replace my original to my computer monitor (a first for me) and thought all I had to do was get another monitor with speakers built in, like the old one. Little did I understand then that selecting a decent monitor with built in speakers
    would not be just so cut and dried? Boo me. Long story short, the sound is low quality and so was experimenting a bit with the speaker properties, and came across the spatial sound setting on my speaker properties. It is turned off because it only
    works for sound enhancement on headphones? I ask because 1) I don't know about spatial anything and b) I don't have any headphones. Thank you for your time and informative explanation.

BrownEyedGirl54, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Spatial Sound: Easy way to toggle on/off (jumping between speakers/headphones)?

1. Spatial Sound: Easy way to toggle on/off (jumping between speakers/headphones)? - Similar Threads - Spatial Sound Easy

2. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  3. Headphone treated as speaker can't use spatial sound dolby

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone treated as speaker can't use spatial sound dolby: I have an laptop dell Inspiron 5558 and used to use spatial sound normally until I had to manually re-install windows due to a hardware problem and since then my headphone is displayed and treated as a speaker, therefore, not able to use Dolby or any other spatial sound. The...
  4. Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...

Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...: I have no idea how to fix this, all I know is it's been an issue for years now, since I first built this PC, I would really appreciate any input as I can't find a solution anywhere. Thanks. Some more details: I use Realtek Audio Console. I have my headphones and mic plugged...
  5. Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones?: I have just purcahsed some Edifier s880db speakers for my computer windows 10 lenovo legion laptop. They connect via bluetooth currently but can also connect via USB. When I plug my headphones into the AUX output of the laptop, the music continues to come from the speakers....
  6. Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?

Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?: I recently got a new monitor that supports HDR - and when I'm actually watching HDR content or gaming it looks fucking amazing, but when I'm not watching HDR (i.e. just on the desktop) it, instead of looking amazing, looks washed out and garbage... From googling around this...
  7. Spatial sound keeps turning off

Spatial sound keeps turning off: I recently got a new DAC for my PC (Topping E30) and it is connected via USB and for some reason the spatial sound keeps turning off when I boot up my PC after a shut down, when rebooting spatial sound stays on but if I shut down and then boot up the spatial sound is off,...
  8. Sound Headphones - Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Headphones - Speaker: So i have speaker and headphones. When i plugg in just one of them, in sounds at playback it appears like "speaker", if i plugg in both of devices, the same appears in sounds at playback. I don't know how to make 2 "things" in sound settings. 1 for speaker and 1 for...
  9. Dolby Atmos for headphones not selectable in spatial sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dolby Atmos for headphones not selectable in spatial sound: I recently installed Dolby Access from the Microsoft store to trial Dolby Atmos for headphones. During the trial I was able select Dolby Atmos for headphones in spacial sound settings but after purchasing the license the option is now gone, I am only able to select Off and...
  10. Enable Spatial Sound for Headphones in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Spatial Sound for Headphones in Windows 10: How to: Enable Spatial Sound for Headphones in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Spatial Sound for Headphones in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 Creators Update build 15063, Windows Sonic: Microsofts next-gen spatial audio platform provides a powerful, immersive...