Windows 10: Spatial sound is not working but it was working before.

Discus and support Spatial sound is not working but it was working before. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having problems with spatial sound as I cannot enable it. I don't know why. I was using Dolby Access but when I was working on a thread in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SUJAY GIRITHARAN, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Spatial sound is not working but it was working before.

I am having problems with spatial sound as I cannot enable it. I don't know why. I was using Dolby Access but when I was working on a thread in the community, I cannot hear any sound, after enabling my headphones, the sound was working and I noticed I cannot enable spatial sound.

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

SUJAY GIRITHARAN, Apr 20, 2021

2. Spatial Sound not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Help me with the following details for the better resolution.

1: The make and model of the computer?

2: When did you start facing this issue?

Try following the below suggested steps.

Method 1:

Steps to enable Spatial sound in Windows 10

1: Right click on the sound icon in the bottom right of the system tray.

2: Select Playback devices from the context menu.

3: Click the headphones or speaker type you’d like to enable spatial sound for.

4: Click the Properties button at the bottom right.

5: Choose the Spatial Sound tab at the top.

6: From the dropdown menu, select Windows Sonic for Headphones (or other, if it’s for a speaker).

7: Click on OK button to finish and check the working of the spatial sound.

Method 2:

You may run the Hardware troubleshooter and check if it works.

To run the troubleshooter, select the Start button, type
    Troubleshoot, and then select Troubleshoot from the list of results. Select
    Playing Audio > Run the troubleshooter.

Method 3:

Update the Realtek audio driver through manufacturer’s website

You may follow the article by Andre Da Costa to update the drivers.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Please look for the topic "How to find and download drivers from the manufacturer’s website":

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Forum Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Spatial Sound

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature is available in Windows 10 but by default, it has been disabled. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Get back to us if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 20, 2021
  4. boop2951 Win User

Spatial sound is not working but it was working before.

Spatial Sound

I followed the instructions but when I got to #4 spatial sound said off and there was no other info or any way to turn it on. I hit return to default but that did nothing. Please help. my earphones are off .

boop2951, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Spatial sound is not working but it was working before.

1. Spatial sound is not working but it was working before. - Similar Threads - Spatial sound working

2. spatial sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spatial sound: my spatial sound wont work in settings i cant press the turn on buttom and when i go advanced settings when i turn it on it goes staight back to off i need help becuse this really affects my gamplay becuse i cant hear behind me...
  3. spatial sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spatial sound: my spatial sound wont work in settings i cant press the turn on buttom and when i go advanced settings when i turn it on it goes staight back to off i need help becuse this really affects my gamplay becuse i cant hear behind me...
  4. Spatial sound is not working but it was working before.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial sound is not working but it was working before.: I am having problems with spatial sound as I cannot enable it. I don't know why. I was using Dolby Access but when I was working on a thread in the community, I cannot hear any sound, after enabling my headphones, the sound was working and I noticed I cannot enable spatial...
  5. Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial Sound: I use Dolby Atmos for spatial sound as it gives me better 3d sound for games. I keep running into an issue however. At least once a day Windows will switch my spatial sound from Dolby Atmos to Off on it's own. I then have to manually change it back to Dolby Atmos. Is there...
  6. Spatial sound doesn't work on left earbud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spatial sound doesn't work on left earbud: Hello, I have a problem with every headphones/earbuds that I try. With spatial sound enabled Windows Sonic, I can only hear audio that outputs to my right earbud meaning the left one outputs nothing, but only if that audio is spatial itself example: music on left side; voice...
  7. Spatial sound not working, balanced audio sounds muffled and distorted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spatial sound not working, balanced audio sounds muffled and distorted.: I'm trying to find a fix for my messed up audio. When playing games, direction-oriented sounds don't work as they should, and balancing my audio in my sound preferences doesn't help. Audio sounds normal when one output is dialled all the way up and the other isn't, but I...
  8. Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spatial Sound: I have been trying to enable spatial sound but my computer won't let me, when I turn it on it instantly changes my spatial sound settings to off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spatial-sound/f84f3c46-e2b6-4db5-875f-d66471f6e91e
  9. Spatial Sound Not Working At All

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spatial Sound Not Working At All: I have a custom built PC and I cannot get Spatial Sound or 7.1 Surround Sound to work in my HyperX cloud flights please help!! Specs: CPU:i7 7700k 8th Gen Hard Drives: WD Black SSD $100 WD 1TB MOTHERBOARD:GIGABYTE Aorus Z270X Gaming K7 GFX CARD:GTX 1070...
  10. Spatial Sound not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound not working: Can't seem to get my spatial sound to work, currently on windows 10 using realtek high definition audio. Every time I try to select a spatial sound option, it switches automatically to off. I've tried reinstalling and updating drivers, neither of which worked. Please help....