Windows 10: Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out

Discus and support Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am running a Windows 10 pc and I frequently play games however I have never had surround sound even though I know it is enabled on my headset.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sue.N, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Sue.N Win User

Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out

Hello, I am running a Windows 10 pc and I frequently play games however I have never had surround sound even though I know it is enabled on my headset. I recently figured out that the issue was with spatial sound itself not being on. My windows is activated and I have tried multiple solutions including this one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spatial-sound-options-greyed-out/4a3045fc-92ce-4f7a-a9ba-9adc79c3dd8d yet for some reason it will not fix. Whenever I go to my specific headset in the sound control panel properties and attempt to switch it to

:)

Sue.N, Jul 19, 2021

2. Spatial Sound

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature is available in Windows 10 but by default, it has been disabled. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Get back to us if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 19, 2021
  3. boop2951 Win User
    Spatial Sound

I followed the instructions but when I got to #4 spatial sound said off and there was no other info or any way to turn it on. I hit return to default but that did nothing. Please help. my earphones are off .

boop2951, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Proton26 Win User

Spatial Sound

Hey Jennifer,

Thanks for revert.

Things go good till step 3.

But then i get stuck. Attaching the screenshot.

Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out 2b0dc05a-7bce-4d94-b76f-45e633396d03.jpg

How do i do the 5th Step?

Proton26, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out - Similar Threads - Spatial Sound Option

2. Spatial Sound greyed out in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spatial Sound greyed out in Windows 11: Recently bought a new pair of headphones so wanted to try out the dolby atmos but the spatial sound option has been greyed out in settings. Moreover, if I try to select windows sonic or dolby atmos in headphones settings, the option automatically switches to "Off". Kindly...
  3. Spatial Sound greyed out in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spatial Sound greyed out in Windows 11: Recently bought a new pair of headphones so wanted to try out the dolby atmos but the spatial sound option has been greyed out in settings. Moreover, if I try to select windows sonic or dolby atmos in headphones settings, the option automatically switches to "Off". Kindly...
  4. Windows 11, Spatial Sound greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Spatial Sound greyed out: Hello, on my laptop Asus G14 2022 I was using Dolby Atmos for my speakers. Suddenly after turning it off for a moment, whole "Spatial Sound" section became greyed out and it's not allowing to select anything thereI have already tried going to Device Manager and completely...
  5. Windows 11, Spatial Sound greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Spatial Sound greyed out: Hello, on my laptop Asus G14 2022 I was using Dolby Atmos for my speakers. Suddenly after turning it off for a moment, whole "Spatial Sound" section became greyed out and it's not allowing to select anything thereI have already tried going to Device Manager and completely...
  6. Spatial sound option greyed out but only for one specific device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial sound option greyed out but only for one specific device: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MilfhunterMLG420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lugjvj/spatial_sound_option_greyed_out_but_only_for_one/
  7. Dolby, DTS and Spatial Sound greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby, DTS and Spatial Sound greyed out: Following a recent issue. I had to do a fresh install of Win 10. Following that said install, settings for Dolby, DTS and Spatial Sound are completely greyed out. I had access to all of them as I do have the hardware requirements met. I believe it could be just a matter of...
  8. Spatial Sound greyed out :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound greyed out :: Ehh recently I tried other laptops it had Dolby atmos so it felt way better to have those Then I heard about something called windows sonic for headphones and it gave surround sound experience so I thought I would give it a try but it is greyed out...
  9. Windows sonic menu on spatial sound greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sonic menu on spatial sound greyed out: My laptop : LENOVO IDEAPAD S145 Processor: Intel i3 8145u VGA :Nvidia MX110 My problem : I just following some steps on youtube for installing dolby atmos drivers and controller Then after updating the driver and restarting its still no sound and the speaker...
  10. Windows 10, spatial sound options greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, spatial sound options greyed out: for some time now i have been having this problem that is not having spatial sound although i connected my headphones and dolby access does not see my headphones and even sonic headphones for windows does not work too so and in the playback device section when i choose my...