Windows 10: Spatial sound randomly turns off and DTS Sound Unbound changes settings

Discus and support Spatial sound randomly turns off and DTS Sound Unbound changes settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First issue is quite common among users, has anyone found a solution yet or will we still have to keep waiting until Microsoft fix it? Second issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YJX94, Mar 19, 2021.

1. /u/YJX94 Win User

Spatial sound randomly turns off and DTS Sound Unbound changes settings

First issue is quite common among users, has anyone found a solution yet or will we still have to keep waiting until Microsoft fix it?

Second issue is the specific "Spatial Mode" setting within the DTS Sound Unbound app, I have it set to "Balanced" as I hate how the "Spacious" setting sounds with its exaggerated reverb and echo but whenever I start up a game (after cold boot) I'm hearing the audio as if the setting is on "Spacious" even though in the DTS Sound Unbound app it always stays on "Balanced" so the app keeps changing it to "Spacious" even though in the app itself "Balanced" is always selected so what's the issue here and does anyone have a fix for this as well?

submitted by /u/YJX94
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YJX94, Mar 19, 2021
  2. boop2951 Win User

Spatial Sound

I followed the instructions but when I got to #4 spatial sound said off and there was no other info or any way to turn it on. I hit return to default but that did nothing. Please help. my earphones are off .

boop2951, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Spatial Sound

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature is available in Windows 10 but by default, it has been disabled. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Get back to us if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to change Spatial Sound settings.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Are you facing issue with the headphones or the home theater configuration?

• Please help us with the make and model of the device.

The issue might cause, if the drivers are not up to date or the speakers are not configured correctly. Please refer the below mentioned steps and check with the issue.

Method 1: Update the drivers.

Follow this article
    Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the drivers.

Method 2: Enable Spatial Sound.

1. Press Windows logo key + R to open
      Run.
    2. Then type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK, Sound settings window will be opened.
    3. Right click on the headphones and select
      Properties.
    4. Select Spatial Sound tab and select the spatial sound format you need, then
      turn on the feature by checking on 5.1 or 7.1 from the options and click on OK.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Spatial sound randomly turns off and DTS Sound Unbound changes settings - Similar Threads - Spatial sound randomly

2. Dts sound unbound greyed out and in spatial sound menu there is no option just the off button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dts sound unbound greyed out and in spatial sound menu there is no option just the off button: enable dts headphone-x.tried every solution possible but nothing happened and for your information my headphone is a4tech bloody g575 and dts comes with my laptop aorus 5 SE4.in spatial sound menu there is no option just the off button and the re is no option to...
  3. Dts sound unbound greyed out and in spatial sound menu there is no option just the off button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dts sound unbound greyed out and in spatial sound menu there is no option just the off button: enable dts headphone-x.tried every solution possible but nothing happened and for your information my headphone is a4tech bloody g575 and dts comes with my laptop aorus 5 SE4.in spatial sound menu there is no option just the off button and the re is no option to...
  4. Dts sound unbound greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dts sound unbound greyed out: The enable Dts headphones x is grey out and dts home theator is greyed out too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dts-sound-unbound-greyed-out/753afe68-32a0-4496-b5d3-73121d822415
  5. Dts sound unbound greyed out

Dts sound unbound greyed out: The enable Dts headphones x is grey out and dts home theator is greyed out too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dts-sound-unbound-greyed-out/753afe68-32a0-4496-b5d3-73121d822415
  6. DTS:X Ultra/DTS Sound Unbound makes sound choppy.

DTS:X Ultra/DTS Sound Unbound makes sound choppy.: Hi,I have a laptop with DTS included, but when i want to try it out it make's the sound chopped off like every 1 second, i tried updating the DTS app's and everything but none of that worked, can someone help me out? Thank's!...
  7. DTS Sound Unbound Makes Audio Distorted

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DTS Sound Unbound Makes Audio Distorted: When I enable DTS Sound Unbound DTS Headphone X the audio becomes distorted and the only fix is to disable the surround sound. I am using a Logitech G Pro X Headset....
  8. DTS Sound unbound and DTS X weird error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DTS Sound unbound and DTS X weird error: I need HELP! I installed DTS Sound Unbound few days earlier thinking I have inbuilt DTS headphone x Inbuilt for my LAP ASUS FX 505DT. Since it did not show licensed and the trial got ended I uninstalled thinking its useless. Now, I have this strange error when I try to use...
  9. Spatial sound keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial sound keeps turning off: I recently got a new DAC for my PC (Topping E30) and it is connected via USB and for some reason the spatial sound keeps turning off when I boot up my PC after a shut down, when rebooting spatial sound stays on but if I shut down and then boot up the spatial sound is off,...
  10. Spatial Sound in settings will not change from 'Off'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound in settings will not change from 'Off': Just recently I noticed an issue while playing games that my Spatial Sound was not working. There was no directional sound mind you I have a Headset that supports Dolby 7.1 audio which was great before but now everything is mono not even stereo. So what is happening is I open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make dts always enabled

2. Change Default Spatial Sound