Windows 10: Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic) Greyed Out and other audio problems

Discus and support Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic) Greyed Out and other audio problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. Been having a problem with turning on the Spatial sound feature as it is greyed out. My system specs are: ASUS X555LN Laptop Windows 10 x64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AriesMars, Jul 18, 2018.

1. AriesMars Win User

Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic) Greyed Out and other audio problems

Hello.

Been having a problem with turning on the Spatial sound feature as it is greyed out. My system specs are:

ASUS X555LN Laptop

Windows 10 x64 (updated from windows 8.1 about a year ago)

Build No. 17134

Been doing some uninstall and re-installation of my sound drivers. I observed that when Realtek audio driver is installed (latest version that is compatible with my device - otherwise installing another latest driver that is not recommended would not detect headphones plugged-in) would disable the spatial sound feature.

I did contact Microsoft support (Chat) and the agent rolled-back to the default High Definition Audio Driver and indeed that reenabled spatial sound. However, I discovered that my laptop speaker sound quality is really, really, really bad and that playing audio at higher levels would cause it to crackle, stutter, and would no doubt damage my laptop's built-in speaker for the long term. (Spatial sound quality on headphones is good though)

So, I reinstalled the (updated to) Realtek Audio Drivers and that solved the sound problem. However, it again disabled spatial sound. Listening to the audio (on headphones) really felt lacking so I tried rolling back again to the default (native) sound driver. It reenabled spatial sound but I can't hear anymore audio coming out of my headphones.

Contacted another Microsoft support agent (chat), but this time, he was just fumbling around my computer (I allowed remote assistance) and had obviously no idea what to do. The restart he initiated disconnected our session prematurely and left the problem unsolved.

Alos tried system restore, didn't work. Left a message in the feedback hub, but no response whatsoever. Also contacted ASUS support but they said that it is Microsoft's responsibility as it is the latter's feature.

It's really quite frustrating seeing as my friends laptops can make use of the feature when their devices are of lower specs than mine (not meant to be bragging - but just venting out my frustration). I've already made numerous restarts on my device and searched about every forum (including this one: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/spatial-sound-isnt-working/62e935d6-d4de-4a65-ab9d-6ef45c8ba7b0) but to no avail.

So, as you can see. I really need help on the matter. A knowledgeable reply would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

AriesMars, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

spatial sound

Hi,

Windows Sonic is Microsoft’s audio platform for more immersive audio. It includes integrated spatial sound on Windows, with support for both surround and elevation audio cues.

We would like to more about your issue:

• Were there changes made on your device prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to you prompt response.

Jose Est, Jul 18, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Spatial Sound greyed out when using Realtek Audio drivers

I was able to enable "Windows Sonic For Headphones" Spatial Sound with my Realtek audio.
    Right click on the sound icon in the Notification area and that was an option.

fireberd, Jul 18, 2018
  4. paulo1470 Win User

Spatial sound is not available on this device

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.

Windows 10 64bit

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.674

My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.

The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

paulo1470, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic) Greyed Out and other audio problems - Similar Threads - Spatial Sound Sonic

2. Spatial Sound greyed out in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spatial Sound greyed out in Windows 11: Recently bought a new pair of headphones so wanted to try out the dolby atmos but the spatial sound option has been greyed out in settings. Moreover, if I try to select windows sonic or dolby atmos in headphones settings, the option automatically switches to "Off". Kindly...
  3. Windows 11, Spatial Sound greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Spatial Sound greyed out: Hello, on my laptop Asus G14 2022 I was using Dolby Atmos for my speakers. Suddenly after turning it off for a moment, whole "Spatial Sound" section became greyed out and it's not allowing to select anything thereI have already tried going to Device Manager and completely...
  4. Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound: Windows automatically switches my spatial sound to Windows Sonic, usually when I check my audio. It can be annoying because it corrupts audio from recordings and windows switches the spatial sound. Is there any fix for this?...
  5. Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound: Windows automatically switches my spatial sound to Windows Sonic, usually when I check my audio. It can be annoying because it corrupts audio from recordings and windows switches the spatial sound. Is there any fix for this?...
  6. Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out: Hello, I am running a Windows 10 pc and I frequently play games however I have never had surround sound even though I know it is enabled on my headset. I recently figured out that the issue was with spatial sound itself not being on. My windows is activated and I have tried...
  8. Spatial Sound greyed out :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound greyed out :: Ehh recently I tried other laptops it had Dolby atmos so it felt way better to have those Then I heard about something called windows sonic for headphones and it gave surround sound experience so I thought I would give it a try but it is greyed out...
  9. Windows sonic menu on spatial sound greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sonic menu on spatial sound greyed out: My laptop : LENOVO IDEAPAD S145 Processor: Intel i3 8145u VGA :Nvidia MX110 My problem : I just following some steps on youtube for installing dolby atmos drivers and controller Then after updating the driver and restarting its still no sound and the speaker...
  10. Sonic Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sonic Spatial Sound: I recently got a new pair of headphones that are supposed to have 7.1 surround sound but it doesn't seem to work on my computer, I tried messing with the settings to get the sound I want from my headphones until I came across the SSS Sonic Spatial Sound but it doesn't seem to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sonic for headphones greyed out

2. windows sonic greyed out

3. windows sonic grayed out

4. spatial sound is greyed out,
  5. spatial sound greyed out windows 10,
  6. windows sonic for headphones disabled,
  7. spatial greyed out,
  8. windows sonic for headphones is greyed out,
  9. spatial sound greyed out on windows 10,
  10. spatial sound for headphones greyed out,
  11. windows spatial sound option i sgreyed out,