Windows 10: Spatial Sound won't change from Off

Discus and support Spatial Sound won't change from Off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently bought new headphones that support the DTS Headphone:X surround sound option. I've been trying to change Spatial Sound from Off to DTS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lane321, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Spatial Sound won't change from Off

I recently bought new headphones that support the DTS Headphone:X surround sound option. I've been trying to change Spatial Sound from Off to DTS Headphone:X but each time i click it it defaults to Off again. Any of you guys have a solution to this?

submitted by /u/Lane321
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lane321, Dec 25, 2020

2. Spatial Sound

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature is available in Windows 10 but by default, it has been disabled. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Get back to us if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 25, 2020
  3. boop2951 Win User
    Spatial Sound

I followed the instructions but when I got to #4 spatial sound said off and there was no other info or any way to turn it on. I hit return to default but that did nothing. Please help. my earphones are off .

boop2951, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Proton26 Win User

Spatial Sound won't change from Off

Spatial Sound

Hey Jennifer,

Thanks for revert.

Things go good till step 3.

But then i get stuck. Attaching the screenshot.

Spatial Sound won't change from Off 2b0dc05a-7bce-4d94-b76f-45e633396d03.jpg

How do i do the 5th Step?

Proton26, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Spatial Sound won't change from Off

1. Spatial Sound won't change from Off - Similar Threads - Spatial Sound won't

2. spatial sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spatial sound: my spatial sound wont work in settings i cant press the turn on buttom and when i go advanced settings when i turn it on it goes staight back to off i need help becuse this really affects my gamplay becuse i cant hear behind me...
  3. spatial sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spatial sound: my spatial sound wont work in settings i cant press the turn on buttom and when i go advanced settings when i turn it on it goes staight back to off i need help becuse this really affects my gamplay becuse i cant hear behind me...
  4. Spatial Sound defaults to "Off" after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spatial Sound defaults to "Off" after restart: Hi. I bought Dolby Atmos and DTS from the Microsoft Store and set them as the Spatial sound by right-clicking the sound icon in the notifications tray and then selecting either from the menu. Both works fine but my problem is that every time a wake up my PC from sleep or...
  5. Spatial sound randomly turns off and DTS Sound Unbound changes settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial sound randomly turns off and DTS Sound Unbound changes settings: First issue is quite common among users, has anyone found a solution yet or will we still have to keep waiting until Microsoft fix it? Second issue is the specific "Spatial Mode" setting within the DTS Sound Unbound app, I have it set to "Balanced" as I hate how the...
  6. Spatial Sound

Spatial Sound: I use Dolby Atmos for spatial sound as it gives me better 3d sound for games. I keep running into an issue however. At least once a day Windows will switch my spatial sound from Dolby Atmos to Off on it's own. I then have to manually change it back to Dolby Atmos. Is there...
  7. Spatial sound keeps turning off

Spatial sound keeps turning off: I recently got a new DAC for my PC (Topping E30) and it is connected via USB and for some reason the spatial sound keeps turning off when I boot up my PC after a shut down, when rebooting spatial sound stays on but if I shut down and then boot up the spatial sound is off,...
  8. Spatial Sound

Spatial Sound: I have been trying to enable spatial sound but my computer won't let me, when I turn it on it instantly changes my spatial sound settings to off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spatial-sound/f84f3c46-e2b6-4db5-875f-d66471f6e91e
  9. Spatial Sound in settings will not change from 'Off'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound in settings will not change from 'Off': Just recently I noticed an issue while playing games that my Spatial Sound was not working. There was no directional sound mind you I have a Headset that supports Dolby 7.1 audio which was great before but now everything is mono not even stereo. So what is happening is I open...
  10. Spatial sound

Spatial sound: Hello, I have read how to enable spatial sound, but my only option is off, I know my headphones have spatial sound, but it won't work, can anybody tell me how to turn spatial sound on?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant select spatial audio