Windows 10: Spatial Sound works when headphones are connected via bluetooth, but not when plugged in...

Discus and support Spatial Sound works when headphones are connected via bluetooth, but not when plugged in... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones and when they're plugged into my laptop via the 3.5mm aux cable, the spatial sound option is greyed out and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThotProcess, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Spatial Sound works when headphones are connected via bluetooth, but not when plugged in...

I'm using Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones and when they're plugged into my laptop via the 3.5mm aux cable, the spatial sound option is greyed out and I can't figure out how to get it to work. When they're connected via bluetooth, spatial sound works fine and I can choose either Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for Headphones. All my drivers are up to date as far as I know.

How can I enable spatial sound when my headphones are connected via 3.5mm aux?

Plugged in, spatial sound disabled:

Spatial Sound works when headphones are connected via bluetooth, but not when plugged in... b48e17aa-a59c-41ef-a6bd-4127010ca576?upload=true.png

Connected via bluetooth, spatial sound enabled:

Spatial Sound works when headphones are connected via bluetooth, but not when plugged in... 04e59b0f-a683-4e52-b886-6c72c6b8f25d?upload=true.png

Any help is much appreciated.

:)

ThotProcess, Dec 20, 2018
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Proton26 Win User
    Spatial Sound

YES. The headphone was plugged in.

Does this require a special kind of Headset?

I have a normal headphone. It sounds good though.

For now, the headset is plugged in but no spatial sound. Same as above screenshot.

Proton26, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Bazsl Win User

Spatial Sound works when headphones are connected via bluetooth, but not when plugged in...

Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10

I upgraded my Lenovo W530 running Win7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10. After the upgrade I can no longer connect to my bluetooth headphones which worked before the upgrade. The bluetooth radio is on. When I click Connect in the Action Center it shows that the headphones are connected but they are not. The headphones (actually my hearing aids) play a notification sound when a bluetooth connection is made and I never hear that sound. If I play music the sound goes to the speaker, not my headphones. I have removed the headphones and repaired them. I have checked that all of the bluetooth device drivers are up to date in Device Manager. I would really appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks.

Bazsl, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Spatial Sound works when headphones are connected via bluetooth, but not when plugged in...

1. Spatial Sound works when headphones are connected via bluetooth, but not when plugged in... - Similar Threads - Spatial Sound works

2. Bluetooth works when headphones are paired but not when connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth works when headphones are paired but not when connected: I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones that on one and so far only website work when paired but stop working when connected. How can that happen, and what, if anything, should I do about it?...
  3. Bluetooth works when headphones are paired but not when connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth works when headphones are paired but not when connected: I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones that on one and so far only website work when paired but stop working when connected. How can that happen, and what, if anything, should I do about it?...
  4. Bluetooth works when headphones are paired but not when connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphones not working when plugged in

Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  6. Headphones not working when plugged in

Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  7. Headphones not connecting when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not connecting when plugged in: So im having a weird issue on my Dell Inspiron laptop. Its running Windows 11. Every time I try to plug my headphones into my laptop they wont connect. The only way I can get it to work is if I plug them in and restart or plug them in and then turn my computer on. I've...
  8. Headphones not connecting when plugged in

Headphones not connecting when plugged in: So im having a weird issue on my Dell Inspiron laptop. Its running Windows 11. Every time I try to plug my headphones into my laptop they wont connect. The only way I can get it to work is if I plug them in and restart or plug them in and then turn my computer on. I've...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Clicking Sound When Connected

Bluetooth Headphones Clicking Sound When Connected: I've connected my Sony Bluetooth headphones MDR-ZX770BT to my Dell XPS 15 laptop. Following are the details on installed Windows specification: Edition : Windows 10 Pro Version : 20H2 OS build : 19042.789 However any sound which comes through to my headphones from my...
  10. Sound problems when plugging in headphones

Sound problems when plugging in headphones: Since buying a new laptop and updating to windows 10 I have had a problem with the sound, the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I manually have to go on playback devices to set my headphones as default and also on the volume mixer to select my headphones...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will spatial sound work with bose headphones

2. spatial sound with blutooth headphones

3. spatial sound does not work when headphones plugged in

4. cannt enable spatial sound with bluetooth headphones,
  5. on board speaker works only when headset plugged in