Windows 10: speak to notepad

Discus and support speak to notepad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; can i speak text in notepad to write... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by terrydubuc, Sep 21, 2018.

1. speak to notepad

can i speak text in notepad to write

:)

terrydubuc, Sep 21, 2018

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 21, 2018
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

speak to notepad

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Thema:

speak to notepad

1. speak to notepad - Similar Threads - speak notepad

2. how can i speak with a person

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i speak with a person: my itunes keeps freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-speak-with-a-person/8be3627f-aca0-4016-8f94-91a12390b4e9
  3. how can i speak with a person

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i speak with a person: my itunes keeps freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-speak-with-a-person/8be3627f-aca0-4016-8f94-91a12390b4e9
  4. Speak with a agent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speak with a agent: Im trying to pass a test for my job which the client require that I have 8 gig of RAM available to use. You have 8 Gigs but over 5 Gigs is being used right now which means I only have less than 3 gigs of RAM available if that makes sense. I was told the rest of my RAM is set...
  5. Speak with a agent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speak with a agent: Im trying to pass a test for my job which the client require that I have 8 gig of RAM available to use. You have 8 Gigs but over 5 Gigs is being used right now which means I only have less than 3 gigs of RAM available if that makes sense. I was told the rest of my RAM is set...
  6. Speak with a agent

7. speak with an agent.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speak with an agent.: I need to speak with an agent concering my Ram on my computer desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speak-with-an-agent/246b77e7-14e5-4d53-bf12-edd66834663d
  8. speak with an agent.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    speak with an agent.: I need to speak with an agent concering my Ram on my computer desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speak-with-an-agent/246b77e7-14e5-4d53-bf12-edd66834663d
  9. speak with an agent.

10. how to convert tek speak to text in notepad

how to convert tek speak to text in notepad: i'm trying to download echo dot 2nd generation aka: alexa app from amazon to notepad which seems to be coming thru ok, but in gobbledeegook tek speak. i blv there's a way to convert the tek speak to english text, but i'm not seeing where that option is available. can anyone...