Windows 10: Speaker audio cutting out in games only

Discus and support Speaker audio cutting out in games only in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two audio outputs I use, a "Realtek Digital Audio" output going to a headset (steelseries sibera 800) and a "Speakers" output going to a stereo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jibereh, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Speaker audio cutting out in games only

I have two audio outputs I use, a "Realtek Digital Audio" output going to a headset (steelseries sibera 800) and a "Speakers" output going to a stereo system. Both outputs use the same Realtek audio driver. Problem is, when I launch any game using the "Speakers" output, all sound cuts out completely. This only happens with the speaker output, not the headphone output. If I close the game, all audio comes right back. Sometimes it's very sporadic, meaning it will be fine for hours or cut out randomly and come back randomly. Alt+tabbing out of the game or switching outputs then switching back occasionally fixes the problem but once I switch back to the game all audio cuts out again within a few seconds. This problem has never occurred outside of a game, and it has never occurred on any other audio output other than the "Speaker" output. It happens with games from any launcher (steam, tarkov, assetto corsa content manager, blizzard, origin). It happens regardless of whether I'm in fullscreen or windowed mode, or run as administrator, or with full screen optimizations on/off. I've tried changing the stereo receiver to rule out hardware problems but same issue. I've tried reinstalling all audio drivers via device manager as well as reinstalling all of my motherboard drivers. No clue what to do at this point, and everyone from forums on my hardware suggested I come here since there's not much more you can do for your hardware beyond installing the proper drivers or replacing it.

submitted by /u/Jibereh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jibereh, Dec 9, 2020
  2. SAL2014 Win User

Sound cuts out on Right speaker

Relevant info first:
    Windows 10 Home Anniversary Edition 1607
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.7541.
    Logitech LS21 active speakers

For whatever reason, even during playback, the sound will cut out in the right speaker. Unplugging and plugging it back in solves the problem for a little while (1hr/2hr?).
    What I've tried so far.
    1. Chose a different output port. Problem continues
    2. Used Bluetooth headset. Problem not present.
    3. Used USB Playstation 2 sound adapter. Problem partially continues. The sound in the Right speaker is very low, but not mute as in the usual case.
    4. Reinstalled Realtek driver. No change. Installed x64 driver. No change
    5. Tried to find different USB sound driver. Logitech did not have one for the 97078
    6. Sound is consistent and fine on HDMI TV. The sound connection is going through the HDMI port on the Geforce GTX 660

So I don't know what the deal is. I'm thinking it might be the Gigabyte motherboard (GIGABYTE H81M-D2V) but it could be system as well. I'm also tempted to hook up a radio or phone to the speakers to see if the Right speaker cuts out there as well.

SAL2014, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Speaker audio cutting out in games only

No Audio In Games From Speakers.

So am using the latest Windows 10 and i have this weird problem with the following games.
    • H.A.W.X
    • Amazing Spider Man 1
    • Batman Arkham Asylum
    • Planetside 2
    The following games have no audio in game via speakers, but works just fine when headphones are connected through front panel. Please note that these are the only games that have this sorta problem, the rest of the games work just fine.
    • Metro 2033 Redux
    • Skyrim Legendary Edition (Heavily Modded)
    • Paladins
    • Cities Skyline
    • Cities XL Platinum
    • Warframe
    • Lichdom Battlemage
    • Hunted The Demon's Forge
    • Mass Effect Series
    • Singularity
    • State Of Decay YOSE
    • Terminator Salvation
    • The Bureau - XCom Declassified
    • XCom Enemy Within
    • Crysis 2
    • Dragon Ball Xenoverse
    • Dreadnought
    • Dungeon Siege 2
    • Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning
    These are the other games installed on my system and they all work just fine.

I Tried reinstalling and force recheck through steam, redownload the entire game but well nothing seems to work, I just have no audio output through my speakers but i always get audio when i connect my headphones through my front panel.
    My system specs -
    • i7 8700
    • MSI Z370 Krait Gaming Motherboard
    • 2x 16 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHZ
    • GTX 1080 Ti MSI Gaming X Trio
    • 1x Samsung 960 Pro 1 TB NVME SSD's
    • 2x Samsung 860 Pro 512 GB Sata SSD's
    • 2x 3 TB HDD's
    Thank you for the help. All these troubles just makes me want to switch back to windows 7 cause i never had such problem on windows 7.

It's a clean windows 10 installation not an upgrade from windows 7.

DeadlyTitan, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Speaker audio cutting out in games only

1. Speaker audio cutting out in games only - Similar Threads - Speaker audio cutting

2. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  3. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  4. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio cuts in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio cuts in and out: Audio has been having an issue way before build 22623.1037. It seems when Window has to load a program or do an activity. The audio cuts out and gets distorted while Windows 11 has to load something. Sometimes it does it when loading up a program like Steam or whatever, and...
  6. Audio cuts in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio cuts in and out: Audio has been having an issue way before build 22623.1037. It seems when Window has to load a program or do an activity. The audio cuts out and gets distorted while Windows 11 has to load something. Sometimes it does it when loading up a program like Steam or whatever, and...
  7. Audio cutting in an out

Audio cutting in an out: So basically my audio seems to be cutting in and out. I have tested the headset on other computers so I know it's not that. But the weird thing is that it doesn't seem to be happening when watching videos. Only when gaming or chatting. I have tried most basic things that I...
  8. Wireless Headset Audio Cutting In and Out While Gaming Only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless Headset Audio Cutting In and Out While Gaming Only: Whenever using either of my two wireless headsets while playing games, the audio will randomly cut out for a second or so then come back. This happens repeatedly and seemingly at random intervals, and only while I'm playing a game. I can watch a feature length movie or any...
  9. Audio Cutting out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Cutting out: Hello, my name is Bryan, and i have been having some issues with my computer audio, the symptoms are: -Game Audio cutting out very commonly -Youtube/Internet Audio works fine -Any game audio on multiple platform having this problem -Ive check my audio driver and its up...
  10. Bluetooth speaker audio on Windows 10 cuts in and out.

Bluetooth speaker audio on Windows 10 cuts in and out.: I troubleshoot the bluetooth in Windows and it tells me "Check Bluetooth radio status (FIXED)". Every time I run the troubleshooting., I get this message. All Bluetooth drivers are up to date. I double checked in device manager. Bluetooth speaker is default sound under...