Windows 10: Speaker Audio stops working randomly

Discus and support Speaker Audio stops working randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Speaker Audio stops working randomly and I have to reboot it to fix it. I am constantly playing back audio files and streaming audio music from this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnM_III, May 18, 2020.

1. JohnM_III Win User

Speaker Audio stops working randomly

Speaker Audio stops working randomly and I have to reboot it to fix it.

I am constantly playing back audio files and streaming audio music from this computer. The computer can operate without any issues for a few days or even a couple of weeks before I have an issue. I have a daily reboot programmed into Windows, but this does not prevent the issue from happening.

I checked the Windows error logs and there are not obvious errors recorded. I have also checked the Windows Audio service and it is not in a failed state when this happens. I have a set of computer speakers connected to the 3.5mm audio port.

I am unable to disable and then re-enable the Speakers. I have also tried to disable and re-enable the Windows Audio service. I have to reboot the computer in order to fix the issue.

I have downloaded and installed the latest audio drivers, but this also does not fix the issue.

Here is what it looks like when I open up the Sound settings:

Speaker Audio stops working randomly ed6af3f1-a3d2-49b6-b3b2-bdcff2bdaeb1?upload=true.png

:)

JohnM_III, May 18, 2020
  2. rerunner Win User

audio randomly stops working

Hello all,

My computer is currently connected to my Vizio E420-A0 TV (HDMI). My audio randomly stops working and the display audio device disappears. When it works I can see it in device manager:

Speaker Audio stops working randomly [​IMG]

And when it stops working it disappears:

The driver seems to be up to date:

Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable doesn't help or turning the TV off and on, but rebooting fixes it. Any ideas?

rerunner, May 18, 2020
  3. Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

miracleman, May 18, 2020
  4. nvcw727 Win User

Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume detected, but when I increase the volume, nothing happens. Any one have any suggestions?

nvcw727, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Speaker Audio stops working randomly - Similar Threads - Speaker Audio stops

2. speaker audio crackled out and stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speaker audio crackled out and stopped working: during a game, my laptop speaker audio crackled and stopped working. i tried using get help audio troubleshooter/legacy audio troubleshooter multiple times with get help trying different things including restarting the sound drivers and rebooting but none of them were...
  3. speaker audio crackled out and stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speaker audio crackled out and stopped working: during a game, my laptop speaker audio crackled and stopped working. i tried using get help audio troubleshooter/legacy audio troubleshooter multiple times with get help trying different things including restarting the sound drivers and rebooting but none of them were...
  4. Audio / Speakers Regularly stop working on my PCs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio / Speakers Regularly stop working on my PCs: I've seen quite a few posts about this, and none of the suggestions ever permanently fixes this. Audio will drop out on my PCs. No sound from the speakers on my Laptop or no sound out from my audio interface on the desktop, which doesn't have built-in speakers. Sometimes...
  5. Audio randomly stopped working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly stopped working?: Hello, i opened up my pc to play some games today and realized my audio wasnt working, my speakers are not muted, drivers are up to date, and is showing up on my pc as working but i cant hear any audio coming from it. i dont know what to do and i dont know how to solve this,...
  6. Audio Device Randomly Stops Working

Audio Device Randomly Stops Working: Hello, I use a TV as a monitor, and as of the April update, the audio driver seems to be exceptionally unstable. I have isolated the issue to Windows, by using different devices with the HDMI port on the TV, different cables, and different ports from my PC to the TV....
  7. Audio randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly stopped working: Yesterday, I was on my MSI laptop watching some Netflix. I left it for 30 min and when I came back it was on sleep mode (as it should). When I woke my laptop up and went back to the Netflix tab, the audio did not work. I unplugged my headphones and the audio still did not...
  8. Realtek Audio stopped working randomly

Realtek Audio stopped working randomly: help! i was on my HP laptop and i paused a youtube video to do something and came back my sound not working at all. Every time I try and troubleshoot the audio it tells me there's a generic audio device that is not working. I have no idea what that means. I've googled and...
  9. Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working: Hi, My first post on the forum as Ive had it with w10 and it randomly screwing up. Yesterday I switch on my machine and notice the little red cross on the speaker and no sound. when i run troubleshooter I get the "Audio services not responding" and no fix. I have...
  10. audio randomly stops working

audio randomly stops working: Hello all, My computer is currently connected to my Vizio E420-A0 TV (HDMI). My audio randomly stops working and the display audio device disappears. When it works I can see it in device manager: [img] [img] And when it stops working it disappears: [img]...