Windows 10: Speaker automatically mutes sound?

Discus and support Speaker automatically mutes sound? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Hello, i listen to music via bluetooth with my devil speaker over youtube (chrome) and everything works fine. But when I am on another page in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Neoaqua, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Neoaqua Win User

Speaker automatically mutes sound?

Hello Hello,

i listen to music via bluetooth with my devil speaker over youtube (chrome) and everything works fine. But when I am on another page in Firefox and e.g. a video is playing which I pause or switch off, the sound of Chrome is automatically switched off.

Not even the video is paused, it just keeps running and has sound again only when I update the page.
    sometimes this happens automatically when i am on 9gag and a video is playing and when i scroll down the video is paused and so is my chrome video. When I scroll up a bit both videos are played and since then they are "dependent" on each other and I can't switch off only one of them.

I read on the internet that you can try "communication - "do nothing", but unfortunately that didn't work.

:)

Neoaqua, Jul 10, 2020
  2. tmasierra Win User

How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. Windows 10. Incredibly I was innocently dusting my Del laptop keys when my computer sound (usually set on Pandora music) was muted, showing an 'x' over speaker icon on taskbar. Previously I could just click it to get it unmuted. This time it took about two hours of my time. Now I have sound coming out of both my external speakers and my internal speakers, when previously just plugging in my external speakers would mute my internal, or built-in, speakers. Is there any way I can mute my internal speakers without muting my external speakers without spending the rest of the day in troubleshooting, involving detailed examination of my motherboard and countless other steps?
    Thanks for listening!
    tma

tmasierra, Jul 10, 2020
  3. SPEAKERS MUTED AUTOMATICALLY

I am facing problems with vbmy sound system. the speakers gets muted automatically whenever i am watching

movies or youtube . it happens randomly and frequently and this has been happening since i installed windows 8 .

i have checked my drivers many times and got a new registered antivirus program too but nothing helped .

please help

DewanandSahu, Jul 10, 2020
  4. jrw46 Win User

Speaker MUTE Key and ICON

The suggestions about restarting the explorer.exe and running sfc didn't fix the problem. I don't think there is a
    corruped file becuase the mute switch worked fine until the day I upgraded from 7 to 10.

I ran a copy of Linux Live and the mute icon works fine, going back to win 10 the mute switch is always on regardless the postilion of the speaker mute key, the ICON is always on.

jrw46, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Speaker automatically mutes sound? - Similar Threads - Speaker automatically mutes

2. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound muting and unmuting automatically: My new PC keeps muting the sound and unmuting it automatically. I have searched forums and websites, but none have the answer. How do I stop this from happening?...
  3. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound muting and unmuting automatically: My new PC keeps muting the sound and unmuting it automatically. I have searched forums and websites, but none have the answer. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. sound automatic goes to mute.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound automatic goes to mute.: i am facing a issue my soun level auto goes to 0, when i increase it then aslo it back to 0. i updated bios to fix it. but no solution please help.my laptop is asus vivobook x512fa i3 10th gen windows 11. when i used troubleshoot this appeared....
  6. sound automatic goes to mute.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound automatic goes to mute.: i am facing a issue my soun level auto goes to 0, when i increase it then aslo it back to 0. i updated bios to fix it. but no solution please help.my laptop is asus vivobook x512fa i3 10th gen windows 11. when i used troubleshoot this appeared....
  7. Automatically muting speakers when headphones are unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically muting speakers when headphones are unplugged: Do Windows 10 computers have this feature? Or is there an app I can install? Thank you. submitted by /u/TeepoReiRyu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3j64l/automatically_muting_speakers_when_headphones_are/
  8. Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute: Irrespective of increase of the volume, it goes back to zero/mute. Tried all the options of the drivers, but still not resolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-speaker-volume-goes-to-zero-mute/bb6018dc-9bd9-4005-8c55-58e6598e7ad1
  9. speakers muting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speakers muting: my speakers quit working on my laptop, which is an HP using realtek audio. I have lost my sound, it is very low and if you put the speakers near your ear you can hardly hear anything. When I try to do things with the speaker settings and try to play something, it may work for...
  10. Computer automatically mutes sound at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer automatically mutes sound at startup: My work-issued laptop (HP ELiteBook 840 G3) automatically mutes sound whenever I log in. Running Windows 10 Enterprise, with whatever update my employer has "pushed out" to it -- I don't have user rights to run Windows Update. I can manually turn the sound back on, but if I...