Windows 10: Speaker button on task bar

Discus and support Speaker button on task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click on the speaker button on my task bar, nothing happens. I am unable to increase the volume of my speakers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TrillaFrazier, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Speaker button on task bar

When I click on the speaker button on my task bar, nothing happens. I am unable to increase the volume of my speakers.

:)

TrillaFrazier, Jun 10, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Start button, task bar menu and swipe does not work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)

• Right-click on windows explorer

• End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)

• Click on File > Run new task

• Type explorer.exe and press enter

• Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Start button is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Speaker button on task bar

task bar

I can't get my search button to work in my task bar. Any suggestions

Grandmom_ster, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Speaker button on task bar

1. Speaker button on task bar - Similar Threads - Speaker button task

2. My Start button and Task Bar do not respond

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Start button and Task Bar do not respond: Any suggestions /obviously cannot add question mark https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-and-task-bar-do-not-respond/cf5e8380-c786-49ff-8b05-9caeeed98bfa
  3. Windows 10 Start Button and Task Bar Issues

Windows 10 Start Button and Task Bar Issues: On my NEW Lenovo desktop, the Windows 10 start button and task bar stopped functioning. This seemed to happen after the PC suddenly launched into what seemed to be an "automatic update," that I did not initiate! Now I'm wondering if this, itself, was a bug??? I have tried...
  4. task bar

task bar: my task bar keeps on growing wider ive unlocked the auto lock task bar and same for the hade the task bar automatically none of these are now applied but on my system there is no box to click applies or ok once ive locked my task bar etc and I did this the other day and when...
  5. start button not working ..blank task bar

start button not working ..blank task bar: Hello after the latest update what is going on now my laptop is not working properly after your update WHERE is the update to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-blank-task-bar/a34f96c0-a4f5-455d-92ae-eb27def2faab
  6. Task Bar

Task Bar: Does anyone know how to get the task bar to hide when I don't have my cursor on it. I'm pretty sure it used to do that and you could just hover your cursor over the bottom of the screen if you needed it. It's really annoying to not be able to see the bottom of the screen....
  7. Start menu button and task bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu button and task bar not working: Start menu won't function and all pinned apps have disappeared from task bar. On my task manager it shows 99 Windows processes operating but no IE or Windows icon on task manager. I was shopping on Amazon after an update yesterday when I believe I encountered malware. Help...
  8. Task Bar

Task Bar: I cannot get my task bar to close when in full screen mode. I have tried going to task manager and resetting windows explorer; I have also unlocked the task bar, tried to drag it down, and re-lock it. Neither has worked for me. Any suggestions?...
  9. Start button + task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button + task bar not working: Hi, Got my Win 10 at the lauch day and have been enjoying it until I decided to do some clean up. I ran Ccleaner and Puran utilities reg cleaning tools. After that the start button and task bar became unresponsive. I tried to google the issue and found out a sort of a...
  10. Start button and other icons in task bar will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and other icons in task bar will not open: I downloaded Windows 10 several hours ago. Nothing in the lower task bar will open. When I left click on the start button, nothing happen. When I right click, I get a menu but nothing will open. When I click in the "Search" area, no cursor appears. I don't know how to get to...