Windows 10: Speaker connection

Discus and support Speaker connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC thinks it is not connected to the integrated speakers in my monitor. The monitor is connected to the PC with a HDMI cable and the graphics work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bugsy48, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Bugsy48 Win User

Speaker connection

My PC thinks it is not connected to the integrated speakers in my monitor. The monitor is connected to the PC with a HDMI cable and the graphics work fine but I have no sound. The cable does not look damaged and is fully connected. The little loudspeaker symbol in the task bar has a red cross next to it and I have tried the trouble shooter in the drop down menu. Am I missing something in Windows 10 or should I replace the cable?

:)

Bugsy48, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Speaker connection

Bluetooth speaker not playing

Hello Tanya,

Your Bluetooth speaker might be paired with your PC but not connected. You can try the following steps to manually connect it:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Michelle Vil, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Speaker connection

1. Speaker connection - Similar Threads - Speaker connection

2. Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect...: Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect directly! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-modern-usb-speaker-not-work-through/50c68238-d958-4db5-8532-228d7bf5807f
  3. Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect...: Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect directly! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-modern-usb-speaker-not-work-through/50c68238-d958-4db5-8532-228d7bf5807f
  4. Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My left speakers wont play audio when connected to headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My left speakers wont play audio when connected to headphones: Please help,The problem isn't because of my balancing because I tried. I checked for sound driver updates and nothing.NOTE: Both sides work perfectly when headphones are not connected, it's not because of my headphones because it works fine on my phone and it's not because of...
  6. My left speakers wont play audio when connected to headphones

My left speakers wont play audio when connected to headphones: Please help,The problem isn't because of my balancing because I tried. I checked for sound driver updates and nothing.NOTE: Both sides work perfectly when headphones are not connected, it's not because of my headphones because it works fine on my phone and it's not because of...
  7. Realtek Speakers are not connecting to G15 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Speakers are not connecting to G15 computer: I have a Dell G15 5520 that I've owned since mid 2023. The audio worked completely fine for about 6 months, but starting about a month ago the computer has randomly refused to connect to any audio devices that I try. This includes both the Realtek speakers that came with the...
  8. Realtek Speakers are not connecting to G15 computer

Realtek Speakers are not connecting to G15 computer: I have a Dell G15 5520 that I've owned since mid 2023. The audio worked completely fine for about 6 months, but starting about a month ago the computer has randomly refused to connect to any audio devices that I try. This includes both the Realtek speakers that came with the...
  9. No "16bit 48000hz DVD" quality audio option for my Bluetooth connected speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No "16bit 48000hz DVD" quality audio option for my Bluetooth connected speaker: I have a bluetooth connected speaker that stutters. It's default format is set to 2 channel 16 bit, 44100 Hz CD Quality and I can only switch it to 1 channel 16 bit, 44100 Hz. How can get my default format to switch to "16bit 48000hz DVD" quality for better audio and the...
  10. No "16bit 48000hz DVD" quality audio option for my Bluetooth connected speaker

No "16bit 48000hz DVD" quality audio option for my Bluetooth connected speaker: I have a bluetooth connected speaker that stutters. It's default format is set to 2 channel 16 bit, 44100 Hz CD Quality and I can only switch it to 1 channel 16 bit, 44100 Hz. How can get my default format to switch to "16bit 48000hz DVD" quality for better audio and the...