Windows 10: Speaker connection

Discus and support Speaker connection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Dell laptop with Win 11. I have two external monitors with speakers. I've had the speakers connected for audio. On two occasions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DaveCreasy, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Speaker connection

I recently purchased a Dell laptop with Win 11. I have two external monitors with speakers. I've had the speakers connected for audio. On two occasions the system completed a software update. When complete the audio switched to the speakers in the laptop and the option to use the monitor speakers was no longer available. After the first disconnection, I updated the software and the monitor speakers reconnected. This morning I went through the same drill, but they aren't showing as an option. How can I fix this issue?

:)

DaveCreasy, Jan 21, 2022
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 21, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Speaker connection

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Speaker connection

1. Speaker connection - Similar Threads - Speaker connection

2. Realtek Speakers are not connecting to G15 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Speakers are not connecting to G15 computer: I have a Dell G15 5520 that I've owned since mid 2023. The audio worked completely fine for about 6 months, but starting about a month ago the computer has randomly refused to connect to any audio devices that I try. This includes both the Realtek speakers that came with the...
  3. Realtek Speakers are not connecting to G15 computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Speakers are not connecting to G15 computer: I have a Dell G15 5520 that I've owned since mid 2023. The audio worked completely fine for about 6 months, but starting about a month ago the computer has randomly refused to connect to any audio devices that I try. This includes both the Realtek speakers that came with the...
  4. No "16bit 48000hz DVD" quality audio option for my Bluetooth connected speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No "16bit 48000hz DVD" quality audio option for my Bluetooth connected speaker: I have a bluetooth connected speaker that stutters. It's default format is set to 2 channel 16 bit, 44100 Hz CD Quality and I can only switch it to 1 channel 16 bit, 44100 Hz. How can get my default format to switch to "16bit 48000hz DVD" quality for better audio and the...
  5. No "16bit 48000hz DVD" quality audio option for my Bluetooth connected speaker

No "16bit 48000hz DVD" quality audio option for my Bluetooth connected speaker: I have a bluetooth connected speaker that stutters. It's default format is set to 2 channel 16 bit, 44100 Hz CD Quality and I can only switch it to 1 channel 16 bit, 44100 Hz. How can get my default format to switch to "16bit 48000hz DVD" quality for better audio and the...
  6. I cannot play YouTube videos when connected to a Bluetooth speaker on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot play YouTube videos when connected to a Bluetooth speaker on my laptop: The computer I use is a Vostro 5490, which runs Windows 11, when I connect Bluetooth to my speakers or headphones I will not hear anything. When I go to YouTube to open a video, it keeps loading until it says "If playback doesn't begin shortly try restarting your device"....
  7. I cannot play YouTube videos when connected to a Bluetooth speaker on my laptop

I cannot play YouTube videos when connected to a Bluetooth speaker on my laptop: The computer I use is a Vostro 5490, which runs Windows 11, when I connect Bluetooth to my speakers or headphones I will not hear anything. When I go to YouTube to open a video, it keeps loading until it says "If playback doesn't begin shortly try restarting your device"....
  8. My bluetooth is connecting fine, but the speakers are not showing upder "output device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth is connecting fine, but the speakers are not showing upder "output device": Have tried rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, nothing.PC Levnovo thinkpad, windows 11 is registering a connection, speakers are registering a connection, but when I go to select an output device, the speakers are not listed - just the PC speakers. Not sure if this...
  9. My bluetooth is connecting fine, but the speakers are not showing upder "output device"

My bluetooth is connecting fine, but the speakers are not showing upder "output device": Have tried rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, nothing.PC Levnovo thinkpad, windows 11 is registering a connection, speakers are registering a connection, but when I go to select an output device, the speakers are not listed - just the PC speakers. Not sure if this...
  10. why dont i hear my line in from my second speaker I want to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why dont i hear my line in from my second speaker I want to connect: I have my main speaker connected in the green port and then I want to connect my second speakers to the blue port and then i put it in as line in and there is no sound coming in. Why is that?...