Windows 10: speaker failure

Discus and support speaker failure in Cortana to solve the problem; Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 12/9/2018 12:02:33 PM Event ID:... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by tomcosta1, Dec 9, 2018.

1. tomcosta1 Win User

speaker failure

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    Date: 12/9/2018 12:02:33 PM
    Event ID: 442
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-4CH47SS
    Description:
    Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{895d65d2-0b8e-482b-9cf5-f12835511bf6} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.
    Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{4C0FC340-0B29-453A-A2D5-3A7CE5337A7D}
    Class Guid: {c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F120
    Present: false
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" />
    <EventID>442</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-12-09T20:02:33.039685700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>548</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="1232" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-4CH47SS</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{895d65d2-0b8e-482b-9cf5-f12835511bf6}</Data>
    <Data Name="LastDeviceInstanceId">SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{4C0FC340-0B29-453A-A2D5-3A7CE5337A7D}</Data>
    <Data Name="ClassGuid">{C166523C-FE0C-4A94-A586-F1A80CFBBF3E}</Data>
    <Data Name="LocationPath">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="MigrationRank">0xf00000000000f120</Data>
    <Data Name="Present">false</Data>
    <Data Name="Status">0xc0000719</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

tomcosta1, Dec 9, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Dec 9, 2018
  4. cadaveca Win User

speaker failure

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue speaker failure :p

cadaveca, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

speaker failure

1. speaker failure - Similar Threads - speaker failure

2. Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...: This is an intermittent issue that's bedeviled me for a few years, and after scouring the internet several times I haven't found any posts here or elsewhere describing the same issue. Briefly, what happens is that when I try to stream video through a particular app or...
  3. Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...: This is an intermittent issue that's bedeviled me for a few years, and after scouring the internet several times I haven't found any posts here or elsewhere describing the same issue. Briefly, what happens is that when I try to stream video through a particular app or...
  4. Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Speaker not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker not working: Its a problem with my audio drivers. So i haven't been using my laptop asus vivobook max x441m for like 2 weeks, and when i am back to using it, i couldn't hear any voices from the speaker even if it already on 100 Which never happen before, the speaker works completely fine...
  6. Speaker not working

Speaker not working: Its a problem with my audio drivers. So i haven't been using my laptop asus vivobook max x441m for like 2 weeks, and when i am back to using it, i couldn't hear any voices from the speaker even if it already on 100 Which never happen before, the speaker works completely fine...
  7. Speaker not working

8. Driver Power State Failure, laggy mouse and distorted speaker output.

Driver Power State Failure, laggy mouse and distorted speaker output.: I get this error code when restarting, I have recently updated to 20h2 and thats when this started occuring. I have spoken to tech support numerous times to no avail. They had me repair windows, uninstall and reinstall mouse drivers, update my gpu driver, stopped and resumed...
  9. Can't install Audio Speakers, BSOD RTVHD64.SYS failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't install Audio Speakers, BSOD RTVHD64.SYS failure: Split from this thread. Hello i have done everything on this post, and i still cant get my audio speakers installed. What else can I do. When i try to download it through device manager i get the blue screen with RTVHD64.SYS failure. I have also downloaded drivers from...
  10. I'm having a hardware failure preceded by freezing PC, buzz from speakers, then black...

I'm having a hardware failure preceded by freezing PC, buzz from speakers, then black...: Hi, I'm having a repeating event where my computer shuts down briefly ever 2-3 hours. This is happening 6 months after I bought this machine new. I have debugged to the extent that I can manage and understand but I can't figure it out. I have a Reliability Monitor...