Windows 10: speaker/headphone problem

Discus and support speaker/headphone problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Plugging in headphones does not switch to headphones. If I wish to switch from speaker to headphone, the only way is to go into playback devices and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikeh, Aug 27, 2015.

1. mikeh Win User

speaker/headphone problem

Plugging in headphones does not switch to headphones.
    If I wish to switch from speaker to headphone, the only way is to go into playback devices and select one or the other as default. I can't default both. Checking one as default (speaker) and the other as communication device also doesn't help.
    I notice that many others on the forums have a single choice, that is, speaker/headphones. Mine are separate. Also, I have VIA HD Audio(Win 10).
    Not sure what other information will help.

:)

mikeh, Aug 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 Sound Issue

Dear Charlie,

The name of the speakers is quadro USB SPEAKER. MODEL : S181

Yes, headphone works correctly, it has no problem too silent at 1% and too loud at %100. But the speakers haven't had problem until I plug the headphones, and then this happened all of a sudden. I'm sure speakers have this problem because of the headphone.

KadirKarahan, Aug 27, 2015
  3. reckerr84 Win User
    Problems with the audio devices on Windows 10

Is that normal if a laptop with an installed version of Windows 10 does not recognize different devices, f.e. headphones as the main speaker and a speaker as a speaker. There are no problems with the audio, f.e. when headphones are plugged, the sound comes
    only to headphones, and same is with a normal speaker. But I do not like that you can't specify a different volume for both headphones and the main speaker. Also, I liked, when my Windows 7 could easily tell if there are headphones plugged or if there is nothing
    plugged and only the main speaker works.

Can the problem be because of me leaving the headphones plugged in while upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 10?

How can I fix the problem? Can Microsoft fix it?

Thanks!

reckerr84, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

speaker/headphone problem

1. speaker/headphone problem - Similar Threads - speaker headphone problem

2. Headphones detected as speakers causing problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected as speakers causing problems: I'm pretty sure I installed a Windows 10 update on my laptop and then all of a sudden headphones detected as speakers, and I think this is causing Realtek Audio Manager to not open and say 'This app can't open' every time so I can't tell it that it is a headset or a headphone...
  3. Headphones detected as speakers causing problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected as speakers causing problems: I'm pretty sure I installed a Windows 10 update on my laptop and then all of a sudden headphones detected as speakers, and I think this is causing Realtek Audio Manager to not open and say 'This app can't open' every time so I can't tell it that it is a headset or a headphone...
  4. Headphones detected as speakers causing problems

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...: I have no idea how to fix this, all I know is it's been an issue for years now, since I first built this PC, I would really appreciate any input as I can't find a solution anywhere. Thanks. Some more details: I use Realtek Audio Console. I have my headphones and mic plugged...
  6. Speaker/Headphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker/Headphone: How can I disable the speakers without disabling the headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakerheadphone/036e469d-5901-49ea-8d1f-e5ab7239fa21
  7. Problem about speakers/headphones and Realtek Audio

Problem about speakers/headphones and Realtek Audio: Hello everyone, I have a problem: I can't modify the sound volume of my speakers once I have plugged in my headphones. To explain a bit more: I can turn the wheel of the speaker, it has no effect on the volume; I can even technically switch off the speaker, I still have...
  8. No speakers or headphones detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No speakers or headphones detected: Getting the error "dxd audio failed to initialize", I want to prevent this message closing the program or some way to bypass it. Running troubleshoot says there may be problem with audio device and sfc gives no error. Using desktop without sound card, heaphones or speakers...
  9. Problems with a Speaker, a pair of Headphones and an Alienware

Problems with a Speaker, a pair of Headphones and an Alienware: Hi. Thanks for listening to this post. So I have been getting an issue with my Alienware, and it's been there since the last reset. I am not sure if it was there the previous reset, because it didn't belong to me at that time. Computer Details: Alienware M14x R2 16GB...
  10. audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"

audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in": hi, i've been having serious audio issues with my computer, an asus x555ya, for almost three weeks now. the sound icon on my taskbar has a red x on it. i've tried every single solution on the internet to no avail; attempted to update/reinstall my audio driver only to find out...