Windows 10: speaker/heaphone/microphone for laptop

Discus and support speaker/heaphone/microphone for laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I downloaded an equalizer APO program to enhance my bass, treble so on and so forth. so I clicked on a icon saying something like editor for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joshuaforde, Oct 21, 2018.

1. speaker/heaphone/microphone for laptop

I downloaded an equalizer APO program to enhance my bass, treble so on and so forth. so I clicked on a icon saying something like editor for the equalizer and its was giving me options to pick what device I want to use the equalizer on. I picked my Bluetooth headset and that's it. I couldn't use the equalizer because I had to do some complicated thing to use it, therefor I deleted it, thirty minutes later I can not hear anything without any headphones plugged in. I tried everything I tried undo what I've done to get my speaker/headphones/microphone settings in my sound settings. how do I go about sir/ma'am?

:)

joshuaforde, Oct 21, 2018

2. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/328279-2.htm for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Oct 21, 2018
  3. How can I make a Base Microphone work without it turning off the speakers?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. Let me help you.

As per the description Microphone should work without turning off the speakers.

I suggest you follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon.

• Select playback devices option.

• Now select the speaker as default.

• Now go to recording devices option and select the microphone as default and click on apply.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 21, 2018
  4. woodyjw Win User

speaker/heaphone/microphone for laptop

No microphone or speakers

tried all suggestions but still didn't work. Gave up and reinstalled windows 8 then updated to windows 8.1 and now speakers and microphone are working fine

Thanx

woodyjw, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

speaker/heaphone/microphone for laptop

1. speaker/heaphone/microphone for laptop - Similar Threads - speaker heaphone microphone

2. Speaker and Microphone frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker and Microphone frozen: I don't know what's going on there because when I'm leaving away my computer especially when going at the grocery store and once coming back, suddenly my stereo and microphone stopped working. Usually when restarting does fix the problem but only temporarily. But when taking...
  3. Microphone and speakers not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone and speakers not working.: Whenever I go to listen to sound or try to use my microphone it doesn't work. the speaker icon originally had a red X in it but I watched a tutorial how to fix it and it worked but I still cant hear audio or use my microphone. my devices are all plugged in and I have the...
  4. Microphone and Speakers are the same

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone and Speakers are the same: I was messing around with the microphone settings a month ago, and I did not know what I was doing. This led to the microphone and speakers having the same driver. My speakers on my laptop work fine, but my internal microphone on my laptop does not work. How can I turn it...
  5. Microphone and speaker problems.

Microphone and speaker problems.: My microphone picks up very tiny sound and no one can hear me in my zoom, teams etc.My speaker is also disabled a lot of the time and I have to restart my laptop every time.I have tried the troubleshoot feature in settings for both issues but it didn't help. I have also tried...
  6. Sony heaphones not working

Sony heaphones not working: I have had a pair of MDR-XB650BT headphones for a little over a year now, and have been using them on my laptop without a problem until this week. Because they weren't registering on my iphone's devices list, I tried forgetting the device on my windows 10 Lenovo laptop, but...
  7. Laptop microphone and speaker issues

Laptop microphone and speaker issues: Hi: I have a Dell Precision 7520, Win10, Office, etc. Just recently two things have happened with the system audio. 1 The computer has apparently forgotten that it has a microphone. It just up and disappeared from the hardware and driver list? 2 It wakes up with no speaker...
  8. speaker/ microphone problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    speaker/ microphone problems: when I turned on my computer today morning everything was working as ussual, now after a few hours( I turned my computer off) the speakers (and headphones ) and microphone aren't working. I can only hear the system sounds(example: when I change the volume/ put in an usb...
  9. audio playing through speakers and heaphones at the same time

audio playing through speakers and heaphones at the same time: after updating to windows 10 laptop speakers keeps on playing sound while headphones are connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-playing-through-speakers-and-heaphones-at/bc0cae1a-7728-400a-8950-cc76fc10779a
  10. Speakers and Microphone Not Working

Speakers and Microphone Not Working: My speakers and microphone are not showing up as a option on the sound settings. I have already right clicked the empty space and checked the two boxes. I don't know if it is a issue with the drivers or if it is something else....