Windows 10: "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!

Discus and support "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all:On the PC screen right bottom,there is a tray. Within the tray, thereare several icons including “Speaker”,click the speaker icon, we can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HonglinZhao, May 4, 2021.

1. "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!

Hello all:On the PC screen right bottom,there is a tray. Within the tray, thereare several icons including “Speaker”,click the speaker icon, we can adjustthe volume of the sound. Now the speaker icon changed"Speaker" icon can not adjust volume! :eek:nly display the maximal volume, 67%. can not Change/adjust the volume of sound!Please help me with the adjustfunction! ---Zhao

:)

HonglinZhao, May 4, 2021
  2. EC122 Win User

Speaker Shortcut Icon Won't Adjust Volume

The speaker shortcut icon was working fine yesterday, today if you click on the icon nothing happens. The picture doesn't change to give you options of sliding to adjust your volume. All the other icons seem to be working just fine. I didn't purposely make
    any changes to any program or my computer that I am aware of. Now the only way to adjust the volume is to adjust from the control panel volume mixer Speaker/Headphone Realtek High Definition Audio which is more cumbersome.

Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access

EC122, May 4, 2021
  3. spapakons Win User
    Adjust 5.1 speakers with update

Can't these be adjusted from PowerDVD or VLC or other player? What about the volume controls in Playback Devices (right-click on the speaker icon near the clock)?

spapakons, May 4, 2021
  4. "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!

Volume step adjusting?

How can I change the step of the volume adjustment in windows? Now it adjusts by 2 every time I press volume up or down buttons on my keyboard (without any driver) or rotate the mouse wheel 1 step after clicking on the volume icon - I would like to change
    that value to 1, 5 or even 10, how can I do that? is there a key in the registry to do it?

David123David, May 4, 2021
Thema:

"Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!

1. "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume! - Similar Threads - Speaker icon adjust

2. Modern USB-C Speaker volume adjustment not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern USB-C Speaker volume adjustment not functioning: Hi,Since upgrading to windows 11 my Modern USB-C speaker isn't functioning correctly. When using the volume adjust buttons on the device the volume adjusts on the surface laptop 4 top left of the screen but the sound output from the speaker doesn't change. Likewise using the...
  3. Modern USB-C Speaker volume adjustment not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern USB-C Speaker volume adjustment not functioning: Hi,Since upgrading to windows 11 my Modern USB-C speaker isn't functioning correctly. When using the volume adjust buttons on the device the volume adjusts on the surface laptop 4 top left of the screen but the sound output from the speaker doesn't change. Likewise using the...
  4. Missing Icons when Adjusting Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Icons when Adjusting Volume: Hello Microsoft Community. Maybe there is a solution that I have not found but when I adjust my volume there is no buttons, but a square there instead. SCREENSHOT BELOW...
  5. Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things.: Hi, I was testing out a speaker to connect to my PC. Controlled with my phone, it seems fine. 0-100% volume is consistent. However, when trying to control the volume via PC, there would be a weird phenomenon.When the volume is set to 0-30%, it would be really loud. When it...
  6. Bluetooth and "Onn" speakers, cant adjust volume!

Bluetooth and "Onn" speakers, cant adjust volume!: Why cant I adjust the volume on my $35 walmart speaker? Thanks, -kyle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-and-onn-speakers-cant-adjust-volume/f7e20dc0-3d85-4dfa-87cb-91477c0ca177
  7. System volume icon does not adjust volume

System volume icon does not adjust volume: I can adjust volume from settings and as far as I can see, the drivers are up to date, but all of a sudden I can't adjust the volume from the icon on the taskbar...
  8. Cortana can't adjust my speaker volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana can't adjust my speaker volume: Need some help. On my old Windows 10 computer I used voice commands to Cortana to adjust my computer volume all the time. Like "Hey Cortana, turn down volume.", and she would turn down the volume. Fast forward to today. I have a new computer that I just got this week. When I...
  9. Bluetooth speaker volume adjustment issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth speaker volume adjustment issue: Hi everyone, I have just bought a new MSI PS63 8SC model. When not connecting to bluetooth speaker, volume adjustment work normally. But while I connect to a bluetooth speaker, if I adjust volume from 1 to 100, nothing change. Now I can have only 0mute or 100. I have...
  10. Volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c