Windows 10: Speaker icon not responding

Discus and support Speaker icon not responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 v 1909.Firefox.I have a VIA HD Audio Win 10 system for sound and video and eveything is working ok.My problem is that when I need to lower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Terrysutt, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Speaker icon not responding

Windows 10 v 1909.Firefox.I have a VIA HD Audio Win 10 system for sound and video and eveything is working
    ok.My problem is that when I need to lower the sound volume whilst playing,the speaker icon on the task bar is not responding
    so I am unable to do this.I`ve tried the sound troubleshooter but no luck,any suggestions?

:)

Terrysutt, Apr 29, 2020

2. Speaker Icon No Longer Responds

My speaker Icon on the task bar no longer responds. It worked fine until after the last Windows 10 Update. Seems to be a common problems.

CaliforniaBubba, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Sdrum Win User

Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond

When I click on the Speakers/Headphone icon in the taskbar, nothing happens. Right click doesn't do anything either. This means I can't adjust the volume without going into Settings. Why would this be happening? The other icons on the taskbar do respond.

Sdrum, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Speaker icon not responding - Similar Threads - Speaker icon responding

2. speaker icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speaker icon: speaker icon on task bar does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon/c9f60c8f-7a5d-46de-8b43-73a7c27c5b4f
  3. Speaker icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker icon: my little icon of the speaker will not show the volume line at all. So I can't make it go up or down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon/3d6568c2-3cd5-48d0-b24f-68f3cb5fabf9
  4. Icon is not responding

Icon is not responding: Sir, I want to inform you that I am having a problem on my laptop. Any icon is not opening and only I have been able to refresh and even I have not been able to shut down my laptop. So, if you kindly help me to solve the problem I shall be very grateful to you....
  5. Speaker Icon on desktop not responding

Speaker Icon on desktop not responding: The Speaker icon on my desktop has stopped responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-on-desktop-not-responding/9c70dba2-86e6-4472-aa02-91f2a694a60e
  6. Speaker Icon

Speaker Icon: I use to be able to right click in the sound icon in the bottom task bar and then move the slider up or down, but now I cannot right click on this icon, checked my right click, that is OK. Right click on a blank area of the Taskbar, Left click on Taskbar Settings scroll down...
  7. Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond

Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond: When I click on the Speakers/Headphone icon in the taskbar, nothing happens. Right click doesn't do anything either. This means I can't adjust the volume without going into Settings. Why would this be happening? The other icons on the taskbar do respond....
  8. Icons not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons not responding: Hello, I have windows 10 OS. But I also have onedrive. I'm unable to save anything on my computer. None of the icons are opening. Neither can I open start button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-responding/566efdb3-9fab-4aed-a3e4-6cb8d1356af3
  9. Speakers Icon

Speakers Icon: Speakers icon at lower left corner will not function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-icon/04c31780-5f19-41cf-9168-59ff8f1b9fa5
  10. Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control

Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control: I am running Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron laaptop. I have the Speaker Icon in my taskbar menu but it does not respond when I click it. So the icon does not translate onto my screen into a volume control lever. ANY HELP IN SOLVING THIS? (I would prefer NOT to delete and then...