Windows 10: Speaker Icon on desktop not responding

Discus and support Speaker Icon on desktop not responding in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Speaker icon on my desktop has stopped responding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steve J O'Neill, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Speaker Icon on desktop not responding

The Speaker icon on my desktop has stopped responding

:)

Steve J O'Neill, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Terrysutt Win User

Speaker icon not responding

Windows 10 v 1909.Firefox.I have a VIA HD Audio Win 10 system for sound and video and eveything is working
    ok.My problem is that when I need to lower the sound volume whilst playing,the speaker icon on the task bar is not responding
    so I am unable to do this.I`ve tried the sound troubleshooter but no luck,any suggestions?

Terrysutt, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Farvatten Win User

Speaker Icon on desktop not responding

Farvatten, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Speaker Icon on desktop not responding

1. Speaker Icon on desktop not responding - Similar Threads - Speaker Icon desktop

2. Desktop not responding and icons cannot be targeted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop not responding and icons cannot be targeted: Windows 11 Pro all drivers updated, windows updated. Sometimes my main monitor the desktop is not responsive. Right click doesn't do anything and clicking any of the icons doesn't do anything. But my secondary monitor I can right click on it. The main monitor will start...
  3. Desktop never loads icons and not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop never loads icons and not responding: For some reason, now windows can never load icons and clicking anywhere would crash and restart the desktop, and do that againI cant even open task managerAnd no, other accounts does not matter, the two others do the sameHeres an imageYesterday, the icon for the Microsoft...
  4. Desktop never loads icons and not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop never loads icons and not responding: For some reason, now windows can never load icons and clicking anywhere would crash and restart the desktop, and do that againI cant even open task managerAnd no, other accounts does not matter, the two others do the sameI cannot share an image but i can describe itJust a...
  5. Desktop never loads icons and not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop never loads icons and not responding: For some reason, now windows can never load icons and clicking anywhere would crash and restart the desktop, and do that againI cant even open task managerAnd no, other accounts does not matter, the two others do the sameI cannot share an image but i can describe itJust a...
  6. Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor: After a certain number of shortcuts the delay gets bigger with my cursor and the icon being highlighted. It's not my hardware's fault I have a good computer....
  7. Desktop shortcut icon ot responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut icon ot responding: I used the software yesterday and when I returned to use it again (to copy from an iphone to pc) the icon on the desktop would not respond.Got a revolving circle then nothing.It is Touch CopyTOUCH COPY. ERROR docx.docx 166589
  8. Speaker icon not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker icon not responding: Windows 10 v 1909.Firefox.I have a VIA HD Audio Win 10 system for sound and video and eveything is working ok.My problem is that when I need to lower the sound volume whilst playing,the speaker icon on the task bar is not responding so I am unable to do this.I`ve tried the...
  9. Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond: When I click on the Speakers/Headphone icon in the taskbar, nothing happens. Right click doesn't do anything either. This means I can't adjust the volume without going into Settings. Why would this be happening? The other icons on the taskbar do respond....
  10. Desktop Speaker Icon Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Speaker Icon Not Working: I just noticed another issue after the latest Windows creator update. The speaker icon on my taskbar no longer functions. It is there and I have sound. when I hover over it the percent of speakers is displayed but I can no longer change the level from there. My keyboard has a...