Windows 10: Speaker Icon on Taskbar -- Changed Performance

Discus and support Speaker Icon on Taskbar -- Changed Performance in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home -- 21H1. There is a speaker icon on the right hand side of my task bar, just left of where the time appears. Task bar is at bottom of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bokis123, Sep 9, 2021.

1. bokis123 Win User

Speaker Icon on Taskbar -- Changed Performance

Windows 10 Home -- 21H1. There is a speaker icon on the right hand side of my task bar, just left of where the time appears. Task bar is at bottom of screen. Since yesterday the performance of the speaker icon has changed. Previously, if I wanted to adjust the sound, I would click the speaker icon; a window with a slide adjustment bar would appear; and I would simply slide the sound setting to a position of my liking usually in the range of 25% to 35%. Today, when I try to adjust the sound and click on the speaker icon, the only thing that happens is that as I position the cursor over

:)

bokis123, Sep 9, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    speaker icon disappears on taskbar

There are two Settings for icons in the notification area, these are found in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar under 'Notification Area'. They are: 'Select which icons appear in the notification area' and 'Turn system icon on or off'. The first changes whether the icon is displayed or in the list of other hidden icons. The second removes the icon completely from those being displayed, whether on the tray or hidden. Make sure both are turned on for your speaker icon.

Changing the screen resolution should have no effect, what display adapter do you have? Do you have the latest driver, and have you just updated the driver? In the past Nvidia have been known to release a new driver that messed up displaying icons on Start, it may well be that your problem is a display driver problem.

Bree, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Speaker Icon on Taskbar -- Changed Performance

realtek speaker icon in the taskbar

I had to disable items in my start menu so that I could run Laplink PCMover. Now that it is complete I can't get the speaker icon back on the taskbar! Any suggestions?

Thanks.

hotshot-gunner, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Speaker Icon on Taskbar -- Changed Performance

1. Speaker Icon on Taskbar -- Changed Performance - Similar Threads - Speaker Icon Taskbar

2. Change the Function of the Speaker icon in the taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the Function of the Speaker icon in the taskbar Windows 11: In windows 10, clicking the Icon opened up sound devices menu to chose a new outputWindows 11, i have to click the speaker, it opens a new menu that by default has a load of on/offs for for bluetooth/wifi etc, usefull for laptops, then the new speaker icon that have to click...
  3. Change the Function of the Speaker icon in the taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the Function of the Speaker icon in the taskbar Windows 11: In windows 10, clicking the Icon opened up sound devices menu to chose a new outputWindows 11, i have to click the speaker, it opens a new menu that by default has a load of on/offs for for bluetooth/wifi etc, usefull for laptops, then the new speaker icon that have to click...
  4. taskbar speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar speaker icon: HiThe speaker icon on taskbar mostly not responding after clicking it right or left unless i do restart to laptop .As also it happens with the screen icons mostly.But the most terrible one is the speaker icon.Please help to resolve the issue.Thanks...
  5. taskbar speaker icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar speaker icon: HiThe speaker icon on taskbar mostly not responding after clicking it right or left unless i do restart to laptop .As also it happens with the screen icons mostly.But the most terrible one is the speaker icon.Please help to resolve the issue.Thanks...
  6. No speakers icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No speakers icon on taskbar: There's no speaker icon on my taskbar and never was. How can I get that icon on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speakers-icon-on-taskbar/94cc97d6-4b65-4d99-bd87-b1bead2a1c97
  7. FYI: Speaker settings are in the speaker icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FYI: Speaker settings are in the speaker icon in the taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/luxtabula [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fquuow/fyi_speaker_settings_are_in_the_speaker_icon_in/
  8. realtek speaker icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    realtek speaker icon in the taskbar: I had to disable items in my start menu so that I could run Laplink PCMover. Now that it is complete I can't get the speaker icon back on the taskbar! Any suggestions? Thanks....
  9. Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar: I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned...
  10. speaker icon disappears on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    speaker icon disappears on taskbar: Hi, i notice that the speaker icon on my taskbar disappears. my display setting is set to 1360 x 768 (recommended), speaker setting is turn on. if i set the display setting other than recommended the speaker icon reappears. how can i have the speaker icon stay on the...