Windows 10: Speaker icon

Discus and support Speaker icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my little icon of the speaker will not show the volume line at all. So I can't make it go up or down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by viccihavens, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Speaker icon

my little icon of the speaker will not show the volume line at all. So I can't make it go up or down

:)

viccihavens, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Speaker icon

speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Speaker icon

1. Speaker icon - Similar Threads - Speaker icon

2. Cannot Change Volume from Speaker icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Change Volume from Speaker icon: my little icon of the speaker will not show the volume line at all. So I can't make it go up or down [Original Title: Speaker icon] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-volume-from-speaker-icon/3d6568c2-3cd5-48d0-b24f-68f3cb5fabf9
  3. speaker icon in toolbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speaker icon in toolbar: my speaker icon will not open speaker sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-in-toolbar/ae8524dc-e58d-4a14-991c-f12d703b3edd
  4. no sound red cross by speaker icon

no sound red cross by speaker icon: I have no sound, getting no output devices connected. I have tried all trouble shootin tips nothing works. I have same problem on windows 7 pc. They both failed at the same time...
  5. Floating speaker icon on screen

Floating speaker icon on screen: I have a floating icon moving around on my screen. It is a square with an x'd out speaker. It's never been there before today. The mouse arrow does not capture it. I've been unable to remove it. How can it be removed?...
  6. Speaker icon on mute

Speaker icon on mute: My speaker icon has a red X and speaker setup UNKNOWN and is OFF can't figure out how to turn on! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-on-mute/e9fe8207-57f9-41c4-badd-0dcd907e8134
  7. Speaker Icon on desktop not responding

Speaker Icon on desktop not responding: The Speaker icon on my desktop has stopped responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-on-desktop-not-responding/9c70dba2-86e6-4472-aa02-91f2a694a60e
  8. On taskbar, time, speakers and hidden icons arrow turned dark

On taskbar, time, speakers and hidden icons arrow turned dark: Win 10 2004. Apparently as a result of changing the background in a video program AVC from light to dark and back, the background in other programs, Windows Explorer and the time, hidden icons and speakers icons on the taskbar turned dark too. In addition, the background for...
  9. Speaker on the taskbar is missing and is grayed out at "Enable or disable system icons"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speaker on the taskbar is missing and is grayed out at "Enable or disable system icons"?: Hello, The speaker icon is missing on my taskbar and I cannot activate it in the settings because it is greyed out. I have attached a screenshot. [ATTACH] Lautsprecher an der Taskleiste fehlt und ist bei "Systemsymbole aktivieren oder deaktivieren" grau hinterlegt?
  10. Speaker icon not responding

Speaker icon not responding: Windows 10 v 1909.Firefox.I have a VIA HD Audio Win 10 system for sound and video and eveything is working ok.My problem is that when I need to lower the sound volume whilst playing,the speaker icon on the task bar is not responding so I am unable to do this.I`ve tried the...