Windows 10: Speaker is being detected as a USB drive

Discus and support Speaker is being detected as a USB drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello people, So I have this speaker I've been using for quite a while and it kept saying it was being detected as a USB drive. Not sure what this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SkipperSteven0, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Speaker is being detected as a USB drive

Hello people,

So I have this speaker I've been using for quite a while and it kept saying it was being detected as a USB drive. Not sure what this means. In task manager, the "USB drive" speaker is detected and says as 0 MB formatted with absolutely no writing or reading. How do I fix this? I've already tried updating drivers, uninstalling the device, and doesn't work.

The speaker I bought is from a chinese company and from amazon. Not sure if they made something funky in there.

:)

SkipperSteven0, Jan 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 does not detect USB speakers

My PC has Windows 10 pro installed (ver 1607 build 14393.1944 32 bit). I had been using USB speakers with the PC and they used to work with some hitch. Now and then windows would not play any sound on the USB speaker, but unplugging the speakers and plugging
    in again to the same / different port would normally do the trick. After a long time, I tried plugging in the speakers again but Windows just does not play any sound on them. When I plug in standard headphones on the 3.5mm jack, Windows detects them and also
    plays sounds. However it does not detect the speakers plugged in to the USB port. I have tried different ports with the same problem. I am using USB ports for my mouse, keyboard and external hard disk without any problem however the speakers are not detected
    by Windows. The speaker icon at the bottom right corner displays the notification "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". Also the sound control panel does not show the USB speakers listed in the audio devices. I have also tried disabling, uninstalling
    and updating drivers on the generic USB hub and scanning for hardware changes. Nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated

Speaker is being detected as a USB drive 10d19127-8581-439f-85e3-1d008b8dfa1b.jpg

rajeevanand1, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Jan 2, 2021
  4. SVLingam Win User

Speaker is being detected as a USB drive

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Speaker is being detected as a USB drive

1. Speaker is being detected as a USB drive - Similar Threads - Speaker being detected

2. mic being detected as speaker windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic being detected as speaker windows 11: 123456 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-being-detected-as-speaker-windows-11/f9431740-36cb-483a-ac5b-611c86995633
  3. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Headset not being detected: Hi, I have some Amazon USB Headset but when I plug it in it isn’t detected. The light on the headset doesn’t turn on. I purchased the same ones as I thought it was the headphones but they still don’t work. The USB ports work with other things too. It just stopped working...
  4. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset not being detected: Hi, I have some Amazon USB Headset but when I plug it in it isn’t detected. The light on the headset doesn’t turn on. I purchased the same ones as I thought it was the headphones but they still don’t work. The USB ports work with other things too. It just stopped working...
  5. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Usb headphone is being identified as an speaker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb headphone is being identified as an speaker.: Hi! Yesterday I bought a new headset, but when I tried plugging it into my Rog G14 2020, it recognizes it as a speaker. I have been looking for a solution, and everywhere I look, they say I can change it from the Realtek Hd audio driver, but my pc doesn't have it. Instead, it...
  7. Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker

Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker: Hi, everyone. I recently bought a new mic LC Studio. It's brand new, so I don't think there's an issue with the mic itself. But whenever I try to connect it to my laptop, it recognizes the mic as a speaker or a pair of headphones. [ATTACH] I've been looking all over my...
  8. Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.

Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.: The drive i use to install windows with will not be detected in any of my usb ports or on my wifes pc or my sons pc. Bios don't even see it. Any program i can use to at least get the files off it and then pitch it in the garbage. I ordered a new one a sandisk solid state...
  9. USB Speakers detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Speakers detected as headphones: I’ve got Audioengine A2+ speakers, and when I plug them in with USB windows always detects them as headphones and not speakers. I’m not sure if it makes any difference, but it’s frustrating and nothing fixes it. For reference, I’ve got an msi z490i unify with Realtek drivers....
  10. usb printers not being detected

usb printers not being detected: Hi, I have a new HP pc upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and it does not detect the usb printers plug into it. I've tried 2 hp printers with it. All the other usb devices connected do work. Any ideas? Thanks, Joe 97155