Windows 10: Speaker makes 5 short clicks on boot up - What is causing this?

Discus and support Speaker makes 5 short clicks on boot up - What is causing this? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My ASUS Transformer T100HA (Win 10 Home - 64bit - Version 1909 - OS Build 18363.657) makes 5 short clicks from the speakers every time I boot up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by King Slim, Feb 26, 2020.

1. King Slim Win User

Speaker makes 5 short clicks on boot up - What is causing this?

Hi
    My ASUS Transformer T100HA (Win 10 Home - 64bit - Version 1909 - OS Build 18363.657) makes 5 short clicks from the speakers every time I boot up the device. It didn't always do this but started a few weeks ago. Strangely it does it even if the speakers are muted.

I was having a few other performance issues so yesterday made a fresh install of the operating system after deleting the partition during setup. All my other small glitches seem to have cleared up and I have more memory available because my installation from bootable USB did not carry so much of the ASUS installed bloatware...but the clicking is still happening.

Its not that disturbing but I want to be sure it is not an issue that might develop into something bigger. Can anyone suggest what might be causing it and how I can stop it from happening.

Many Thanks.
    D.

:)

King Slim, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Speaker makes 5 short clicks on boot up - What is causing this?

Realtek audio driver causing distortion/speaker

Follow these steps:

1) Create a system restore point
    2) Right click and click on update driver
    3) Click on Browse my computer for driver software
    4) Click on let me pick from a list of device drivers of my choice
    5) Click on High Definition Audio Driver
    6) Click on "Yes" on the prompt
    7) Once updated, reboot the PC

tanujchadha, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Speaker makes 5 short clicks on boot up - What is causing this?

1. Speaker makes 5 short clicks on boot up - What is causing this? - Similar Threads - Speaker makes short

2. What is causing my onboard speaker to emit voice?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing my onboard speaker to emit voice?: Recently I started hearing a voice saying "Joe Biden" about 3 times. Has my machine become infected by malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-causing-my-onboard-speaker-to-emit-voice/3d161342-17c8-40ad-8c4c-cb54d2405586
  3. What is causing my onboard speaker to emit voice?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is causing my onboard speaker to emit voice?: Recently I started hearing a voice saying "Joe Biden" about 3 times. Has my machine become infected by malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-causing-my-onboard-speaker-to-emit-voice/3d161342-17c8-40ad-8c4c-cb54d2405586
  4. What is causing my onboard speaker to emit voice?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. KB5010342 causing slow boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5010342 causing slow boot up: We have recently noticed all the Windows 10 PCs in our environment are slow to boot up. For instance, a PC that would normally boot up in under 30 seconds is now taking just over 2 minutes. My test system was affected by this. I reimaged it and it was back to a 30 second boot...
  6. KB5010342 causing slow boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5010342 causing slow boot up: We have recently noticed all the Windows 10 PCs in our environment are slow to boot up. For instance, a PC that would normally boot up in under 30 seconds is now taking just over 2 minutes. My test system was affected by this. I reimaged it and it was back to a 30 second boot...
  7. KB5010342 causing slow boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. What is making the hard drive peg on boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is making the hard drive peg on boot up: Each time I boot up my Windows 10 computer the hard drive pegs for up to 5 minutes or longer. The computer is not stable during this period and hard to use. How do I determine what is causing this?...
  9. BSOD shortly after boot up. wdfilter.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD shortly after boot up. wdfilter.sys: Hey all I like to think that I am pretty decent when it comes to keeping my pc running smoothly and for the first time in about 8-9 years I need some help with my personal rig. While I was booting up my PC this morning I noticed that I got a BSOD and it said wdfilter.sys, Now...
  10. What causes popup during boot?

in Windows 10 Support
    What causes popup during boot?: [Delete During each boot-up the last few days I am getting a strange Popup window labeled "Windows Installer" what does it mean and how to fix the problem. I run memtest86 for about 25 hours and nine full cycles and all was well. The SFC and DISM did not help either....