Windows 10: Speaker not recognized each time computer turn on/after restart

Discus and support Speaker not recognized each time computer turn on/after restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I m using SteelSeries Arctis Pro + Gamedac (using usb, not jack) but there is a problems, I did some experiment: 1. I plug in the headphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GerryTan, Oct 12, 2018.

1. GerryTan Win User

Speaker not recognized each time computer turn on/after restart

I m using SteelSeries Arctis Pro + Gamedac (using usb, not jack) but there is a problems,

I did some experiment:
    1. I plug in the headphone WITH/WITHOUT the driver (SteelSeries engine)
    -> the speaker recognized my 'Speakers - GameDAC Game' and 'Headset Earphone - Game DAC chat'.
    -> when I choose Speakers as my default device and Headset Earphone as my default communication device:
    --> Cortana doesn't have sound
    -> when I restart my computer, nothing changed with the setting, still the same (speakers as my default device) which is normal, but the sound enhance setting is reverted. (ex. I enable the bass booster, after I restart my PC, the bass booster is disabled)

2. I plug in the headphone WITH the driver (SteelSeries engine) AND the extension driver to enable dts 7.1 sound.
    -> when I choose Speakers as my default device and Headset Earphone as my default communication device:
    --> Cortana still doesn't have sound
    -> when I restart my computer, the setting is CHANGED, the Speaker as my default device is GONE. I need to re-plug in the device to make the speakers device is comes back. and yes, the sound enhance setting is also reverted (all disabled).

I also bough 'dolby access' from the store to enable dolby atmos on my sound settings, but it is only configurable when Im using 'Headset Earphone - GameDAC chat' as my default device, which it should be my default communication device.

When Im trying to enabling dolby atmos on my speakers, the 'dolby atmos' setting is grey which is I cannot choose as my setting,

please help

:)

GerryTan, Oct 12, 2018

2. Speakers not recognized after Win 10 Reset

We appreciate your response. Have you tried checking/using your speaker on a different computer? This is to check if it is a hardware related issue. If the speaker is working fine on a different computer; then, we suggest that you try installing the latest
    audio driver, and check if it works for you. Below are the steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device Manager
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Speaker not recognized each time computer turn on/after restart

Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Speaker not recognized each time computer turn on/after restart

1. Speaker not recognized each time computer turn on/after restart - Similar Threads - Speaker recognized each

2. Computer restarts when the screens turn off after period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarts when the screens turn off after period of time: I have noticed that when I leave my computer to do various things, I come back and my PC has restarted. I noticed this only happens when the monitors turn off automatically after the timer set in my settings. I have tested my RAM using the Windows memory diagnostics tools and...
  3. Computer restarts when the screens turn off after period of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarts when the screens turn off after period of time: I have noticed that when I leave my computer to do various things, I come back and my PC has restarted. I noticed this only happens when the monitors turn off automatically after the timer set in my settings. I have tested my RAM using the Windows memory diagnostics tools and...
  4. Computer not recognizing internal speakers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing internal speakers?: I have been using this computer for a bit and i didn't face any problems relating to sound. One day, i tried using my bluetooth headset with it and since then I can't play any sound without them. When they're not connected the icon of the volume shows the red x as if it's...
  5. Computer not recognizing internal speakers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not recognizing internal speakers?: I have been using this computer for a bit and i didn't face any problems relating to sound. One day, i tried using my bluetooth headset with it and since then I can't play any sound without them. When they're not connected the icon of the volume shows the red x as if it's...
  6. Computer not recognizing internal speakers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Computer not recognizing ethernet connection after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing ethernet connection after restart: Ever since I moved into my current apartment I’ve had various problems w the Ethernet, now I can’t connect to it at all after I restarted my computer. I know my cord works and the internet was working fine, but now my computer won’t recognize that I have an Ethernet cable...
  8. Computer not recognizing ethernet connection after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not recognizing ethernet connection after restart: Ever since I moved into my current apartment I’ve had various problems w the Ethernet, now I can’t connect to it at all after I restarted my computer. I know my cord works and the internet was working fine, but now my computer won’t recognize that I have an Ethernet cable...
  9. Windows Security turns on after each restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security turns on after each restart: I have all the sliders in windows defender turned off, but ANYTIME I restart my computer, the first slider real-time protection turns on. I don't even click on the "turn on security" or whatever notification, but it always turns on. Is this an intended feature? Is there...
  10. Computer is not recognizing new speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer is not recognizing new speakers: Hi all! So I just got new Elegiant SR300 speakers. They have just 2 cables: 3.5mm and USB. I hooked these up to the front USB and jack to get them up and running and unfortunately my PC is refusing to recognize that these are hooked up. The speakers are lit up indicating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arctis game dac randomly rebooting

2. win10 speakers quit every time computer restart?

3. i have to restart my comp everytime to use game dac arctis pro