Windows 10: Speaker on the taskbar is missing and is grayed out at "Enable or disable system icons"?

Discus and support Speaker on the taskbar is missing and is grayed out at "Enable or disable system icons"? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, The speaker icon is missing on my taskbar and I cannot activate it in the settings because it is greyed out. I have attached a screenshot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Roasted, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Roasted Win User

Speaker on the taskbar is missing and is grayed out at "Enable or disable system icons"?

Hello,

The speaker icon is missing on my taskbar and I cannot activate it in the settings because it is greyed out. I have attached a screenshot.

Speaker on the taskbar is missing and is grayed out at "Enable or disable system icons"? 0_big.png

:)

Roasted, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    System tray got error cause system icon missing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the version of Windows 10 you’re running?
    • What happens if you right click in the empty space between the input indication and the icons very next to it?

It appears that there is some icon which is not being displayed. I would suggest to turn off system icons, reboot the computer, then enable them back and let us know the results.

1. Right click on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings to open the taskbar settings.
    2. Go to Select which icons appear on the taskbar and Enable Always show all icons in the notification area by toggling the switch to
      On position.
    3. Go back and click on Turn system icons on or off.
    4. Disable all system icons by manually toggling the switches for each individual app/icon to position
      Off.
    5. Reboot the computer and enable (toggle the switches to position
      On) for all the apps/system icons by following the steps 3 and 4 mentioned above and let us know how it goes.

We await your reply.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Speaker on the taskbar is missing and is grayed out at "Enable or disable system icons"?

system icons missing from taskbar Windows 10

i have a HP pavillion 15 laptop which i have updated to windows 10. the battery icon is missing from the taskbar. the option to turn on the system icon is grayed out in the setting. the only way i can get it back is by disabling and enabling the Microsoft
    ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. however, this fix isnt permenant as it keeps on dissappearing after i turn of the laptop.

is there a way to fix this?

тaнмιdαℓσм, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Speaker on the taskbar is missing and is grayed out at "Enable or disable system icons"?

1. Speaker on the taskbar is missing and is grayed out at "Enable or disable system icons"? - Similar Threads - Speaker taskbar missing

2. Transparent Taskbar and Missing System Icons!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparent Taskbar and Missing System Icons!: I am attempting to attach a picture. After the latest Windows 11 update - it caused my taskbar to become transparent, all my system icons network, clock, battery are missing, and there is no "Notification Area" in the taskbar settings menu. I did a restore point to an earlier...
  3. Transparent Taskbar and Missing System Icons!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transparent Taskbar and Missing System Icons!: I am attempting to attach a picture. After the latest Windows 11 update - it caused my taskbar to become transparent, all my system icons network, clock, battery are missing, and there is no "Notification Area" in the taskbar settings menu. I did a restore point to an earlier...
  4. SecurityHealthService.exe is missing - Security Center service is disabled and gray out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SecurityHealthService.exe is missing - Security Center service is disabled and gray out: How to enable Security Center and Window Security Service services as they are gray out and disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/securityhealthserviceexe-is-missing-security/89447d80-a1b3-4048-af26-505528bee99a
  5. SecurityHealthService.exe is missing - Security Center service is disabled and gray out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SecurityHealthService.exe is missing - Security Center service is disabled and gray out: How to enable Security Center and Window Security Service services as they are gray out and disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/securityhealthserviceexe-is-missing-security/89447d80-a1b3-4048-af26-505528bee99a
  6. SecurityHealthService.exe is missing - Security Center service is disabled and gray out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. No speakers icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No speakers icon on taskbar: There's no speaker icon on my taskbar and never was. How can I get that icon on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speakers-icon-on-taskbar/94cc97d6-4b65-4d99-bd87-b1bead2a1c97
  8. Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out: [ATTACH] The screenshot above is currently what showing inside the Taskbar settings. I already tried disabling/uninstall then reinstall the "Microsoft AC adapter" as well as the "Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery but it was no good. I also tried deleting...
  9. Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings: Hello TenForum users, I noticed this afternoon (after a reboot) that I was missing some icons from my taskbar. I am missing an HP Beats Audio button and the Wifi logo. This is all I see with all icons being forced to show: [img] I read online that if you go to "Turn...
  10. Enable or Disable System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 [img] Information The Clock, Volume, Network, Power, and Action Center system icons are located on the taskbar notification area (aka: system...