Windows 10: Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch

Discus and support Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two screens, one LCD and one HDMI TV screen. They are setup to as an extended large screen, so I can move my video player from one to the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ffrree, Dec 13, 2018.

1. ffrree Win User

Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch

I have two screens, one LCD and one HDMI TV screen. They are setup to as an extended large screen, so I can move my video player from one to the other by the mouse.

I would like to set up, so that when I play video one the LCD screen, the sound played from the speaker, and HDMI screen, from the TV. So the system would switch the sound as I mover the video player from one screen to the other. Is that doable? And how to achieve that?

Please help.

cheers

:)

ffrree, Dec 13, 2018

2. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Can I play sound from my speakers and the HDMI at the same time on Win 10?

Hi Powell,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Download and install the latest audio drivers from the manufacturer’s website

Method 2: Enabling the Audio Settings for a TV by activating HDMI sound and adjusting your Windows settings

Step 1: Right-click the Volume icon by the time in the lower-right corner.

Step 2: Click Playback Devices.

The Sound window opens.

Step 3: On the Playback tab, click Digital Output Device (HDMI) if it is listed. If it is not listed, click Realtek HDMI Output.

Device (HDMI) selection

Step 4: Click Set Default and choose Apply.

> If you used Digital Output Device (HDMI), click OK to close the window. This completes the steps to activate HDMI sound.

>If you used Realtek HDMI Output, continue with Step 5.

Step 5: Double-click Realtek HDMI Output.

The Realtek Digital Output Properties window opens.

Step 6: Click the Supported Formats tab.

Step 7: Place a check in the 48.0 KHz check box, and make sure that there are no checks in the Dolby Digital check box and all other check boxes.

NOTE: For most TVs to play back audio, the sample rate must be 48.0 KHz.

Click OK to close the window.

Important: Make sure to reset it to speakers/headphone after you disconnect the HDMI cable.

Method 3: Verify that the HDMI Audio setting is turned on by performing the following:

Step 1: Press SETUP on the remote control.

Step 2: Press to select { Audio Setup Page }

Step 3: Press to select { Digital Audio Setup }, then press to access.

Step 4: Press to select { HDMI Audio Setup }, then press to access.

Step 5: Select { On } to turn on the audio when connected via HDMI.

Under the device tab click device manager and disable the non hdmi sound device by going to sound section and right clicking the device and choose disable. Then if you need it back on just right click and enable it.

Method 4: You might need to get yourself a DVI -> HDMI converter that also will accept the output from the digital connection of your sound card if the output is in DVI Audio. The DVI Audio to HDMI Adapter combines digital
    video (DVI) and digital audio into HDMI. This adapter connects DVI devices or DVI video graphic cards to HDMI compliant digital monitors. This adapter also takes digital audio and encodes it onto the HDMI signal for the full HDMI video and audio effect. With
    the DVI Audio to HDMI Adapter and computer systems can be easily connected any HDMI display for the full digital video and audio experience.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 13, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch - Similar Threads - Speaker HDMI sound

2. Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers: Hello everyone.Ive had this problem for a while now and I have been in contact with Corsiar and they have reconmended that I come here to find a solution/ workaround.Ive had a set of Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headphones for probably close to a year now and they were...
  3. Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers: Hello everyone.Ive had this problem for a while now and I have been in contact with Corsiar and they have reconmended that I come here to find a solution/ workaround.Ive had a set of Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headphones for probably close to a year now and they were...
  4. Play sound without Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Play sound without Speaker: why isnt my windows 10 enterprise playing sound on my computer without speakers[Original Title: sound] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-sound-without-speaker/6844fb75-b45d-44ea-9b13-fe30e3cc7dad
  5. Laptop Speakers & Wireless Headset not auto switching

Laptop Speakers & Wireless Headset not auto switching: I have the 14" Razer laptop and the Steelseries 7X. They're wireless through a USB dongle that I leave plugged into my laptop. When I turn off and turn on my headset, the default playback device/option does not automatically switch over to the built-in laptop speakers, and...
  6. HDMI won't play sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI won't play sound.: I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound...
  7. HDMI won't play sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI won't play sound.: I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound...
  8. Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch

Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch: I have two screens, one LCD and one HDMI TV screen. They are setup to as an extended large screen, so I can move my video player from one to the other by the mouse. I would like to set up, so that when I play video one the LCD screen, the sound played from the speaker, and...
  9. Auto Mute microphone when computer plays sound through speakers

Auto Mute microphone when computer plays sound through speakers: I have a tablet with builtin speakers and microphone. I'm using it for a voice recognition senerio, but when I ask it a question, the microphone picks up its answer, and it replies I don't understand over and over again until I mute the speakers. Is there a program, or...
  10. Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?

Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?: Is there a way to set speakers and headphones to switch back and forth automatically like Windows7 did? See also: plug my headphones in...headphones work. Unplug my headphones...speakers work...without having to right click the speaker and manually set what I'm using every...