Windows 10: Speaker setup in windows sound setting

Discus and support Speaker setup in windows sound setting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, I have two laptops Dell XPS 15 and Alienware area51m, both running on windows 10. Now I had some system level issues with alienware, dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kromastorm, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Speaker setup in windows sound setting

Hi All,

I have two laptops Dell XPS 15 and Alienware area51m, both running on windows 10. Now I had some system level issues with alienware, dell updates were not working. I did a system reset and now it is resolved the issue.

The current issue is with the speaker configuration. When I check speaker configuration for realtek audio, I only see stereo option. No quad speaker, no 5.1 or 7.1 configuration. Same setting in my XPS 15, shows me both of them.

Would anyone please advice on what could be the reason for this difference.

Thanks

:)

kromastorm, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Speaker setup in windows sound setting

1. Speaker setup in windows sound setting - Similar Threads - Speaker setup sound

2. Disable certain speakers in surround sound setup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable certain speakers in surround sound setup in Windows 10: For my audio setup on my PC I use headphones plugged into a PS5 controller, which is plugged into the computer. The problem is that certain audio channels go through the speakers on the controller, and I can't find any way to disable them. After looking through settings a...
  3. Disable certain speakers in surround sound setup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable certain speakers in surround sound setup in Windows 10: For my audio setup on my PC I use headphones plugged into a PS5 controller, which is plugged into the computer. The problem is that certain audio channels go through the speakers on the controller, and I can't find any way to disable them. After looking through settings a...
  4. Disable certain speakers in surround sound setup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Speakers recognized and Sound settings/volume show sound, but no sound coming out of speakers

Speakers recognized and Sound settings/volume show sound, but no sound coming out of speakers: I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop - tg01-0199 DT Rfrbd PC. I have run troubleshooting and driver is present. The computer recognizes the headphones and when you right-click - test, the bar shows sound playing. But no sound comes out of the headphones. The same thing...
  6. invoke speaker setup

in Cortana
    invoke speaker setup: I am trying to get the new firmware for the invoke speakers and cannot connect them to windows. Can I still connect to cortana and get the Bluetooth firmware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invoke-speaker-setup/33cbb559-1823-4835-93aa-290b3848bc0c
  7. Speaker setup not saving settings in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker setup not saving settings in windows 10: I have a problem. I want to setup surrounding sounds. I go to "Sound Control Panel" then I click "Configure". Finish. Test is OK, but music, youtube, etc is only in main speaker green plug and no other speakers. I tried tips from:...
  8. Laptop Speakers not showing in sound settings at all

Laptop Speakers not showing in sound settings at all: I have updated my computer which is a MSI GL73 8RD. Update failed on 1/29/2021, and retried update and then my speakers were not listed at all. [ATTACH]...
  9. "Sounds" function missing from speaker settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Sounds" function missing from speaker settings: I recently bought a new microphone and tried to set up on my desktop, it auto installed with no trouble but it still wouldn't work. The manual said to go into "sounds" on my speaker settings on my task bar. But "sounds" on my pop up tab isn't there, and when I tried it on my...
  10. Speaker Setup (Unknown)

Speaker Setup (Unknown): Trying to use Line out (Back Panel) for speaker, Speaker is not being Detected and error is coming Speaker Setup (Unknown) OFF. While using Front Panel is working fine but I want to reserve front for headphones. Asus B350 Plus Motherboard Ryzen 5 1600 Phillips 2.1 CH...