Windows 10: Speaker Setup Unknown and No audio output device is installed

Discus and support Speaker Setup Unknown and No audio output device is installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have looked at the community and the fixes I have seen has not helped. Under the device for Sound - games, etc. is no longer installed as well as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimmyWells1, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Speaker Setup Unknown and No audio output device is installed

I have looked at the community and the fixes I have seen has not helped. Under the device for Sound - games, etc. is no longer installed as well as the audio near the top of the device manager. I have done the trouble shoot and rebooted without any luck. I have also reinstalled Windows 10 and I have still have the red X. This has been going for about four days. I did uninstall the audio devices, but I may have done them incorrectly, I am not sure. I do not want to pay for them to be repaired as I believe Microsoft will have a patch to repair them.

A. How can I get the audio device's re-installed.

B. How can I get the red x removed.

I looking for a fix so I will have sound again.

Regards,

Jimmy Wells1

:)

JimmyWells1, Oct 13, 2018

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 13, 2018
  3. no audio output

Have tried everything,just get the message--no audio output is installed--speakers are(UNKNOWN) and are not installed

Regards

Karen

karenronald, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Speaker Setup Unknown and No audio output device is installed

Internal speakers not working - No Audio Output Device is installed

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. NOTE: This issue was happening
    before I upgraded

My laptop has built-in speakers but no sound is playing through them. When I hover over the sound icon in the taskbar, it says 'No Audio Output Device is installed'

NOTE: External speakers do play sound

SnackErite, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Speaker Setup Unknown and No audio output device is installed

1. Speaker Setup Unknown and No audio output device is installed - Similar Threads - Speaker Setup Unknown

2. No audio output device is installed / No speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio output device is installed / No speakers or headphones are plugged in: I have been experiencing audio problems for the past few months, with a red x next to my audio. I have attempted to troubleshoot using the windows troubleshooter, but it just says it cannot find any audio device. In Device Manager, in sound, video, and game controllers, it...
  3. No audio output device is installed / No speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio output device is installed / No speakers or headphones are plugged in: I have been experiencing audio problems for the past few months, with a red x next to my audio. I have attempted to troubleshoot using the windows troubleshooter, but it just says it cannot find any audio device. In Device Manager, in sound, video, and game controllers, it...
  4. No audio output device is installed / No speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Speaker Setup (Unknown)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker Setup (Unknown): Trying to use Line out (Back Panel) for speaker, Speaker is not being Detected and error is coming Speaker Setup (Unknown) OFF. While using Front Panel is working fine but I want to reserve front for headphones. Asus B350 Plus Motherboard Ryzen 5 1600 Phillips 2.1 CH...
  6. Windows 10 "No Audio Output Device is Installed" internal speakers

Windows 10 "No Audio Output Device is Installed" internal speakers: I had this laptop since January of this year, 2018, and I use Windows 10 on here. The laptop itself is an HP Omen and the internal speakers are not being detected, in its place is something when I right click it called "Speaker Setup (Unknown)" as if it is detecting a...
  7. speaker icon on taskbar message no audio output device is install

speaker icon on taskbar message no audio output device is install: speakers retired ? now have new speaker they same message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speaker-icon-on-taskbar-message-no-audio-output/cd9fc15f-a08c-4a7a-92d8-3d3df2173ffc
  8. No audio output device is installed

No audio output device is installed: I bought a new headset, plugged it in, sound works great. Of course, when ever i'm using a computer something has to fail. And this something was the microphone. Microphone works fine on other devices. It appeared that the mic was not plugged in(yes, I did plug it in). After...
  9. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Hi, Yesterday my sound was working fine, I walked away from my notebook for 15 minutes and came back and the sound icon had a red X against it. The error message when I hover over it is 'No Audio Output Device is installed'. In Device Manager the error message for...
  10. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Hi. Long time ago, I play with upgrading HDD to SSD, GRUB and some other stuff and I failed and messed my computer up. Now my desktop is still using HDD and does not produce any sound. I tried to fix this problem by Googling "No Audio output device is installed" but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speaker setup unknown

2. speaker setup unknown fix

3. speaker setup unknown off

4. speaker setup (UNKNOWN),
  5. speaker setup unknown windows 10 fix,
  6. hp speaker setup unknown,
  7. speaker setup unknown no audio,
  8. speaker setup,
  9. speaker setup unknown windows 10,
  10. speaker setup unknown on hp computer,
  11. How To Fix Speaker Setup UNKOWN error in windows 10,