Windows 10: Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things.

Discus and support Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I was testing out a speaker to connect to my PC. Controlled with my phone, it seems fine. 0-100% volume is consistent. However, when trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HydroxideUS, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things.

Hi, I was testing out a speaker to connect to my PC. Controlled with my phone, it seems fine. 0-100% volume is consistent. However, when trying to control the volume via PC, there would be a weird phenomenon.When the volume is set to 0-30%, it would be really loud. When it reaches 32%, however, it seems to reach it's base volume. At 30% it would be blasting at max volume. 32-100% seems to be normal as if it were 0-70%. So it seems that those two have been flipped. Would it be possible to try to normalize the volume so that the sound matches the percentages? Thanks.

:)

HydroxideUS, Apr 28, 2021

2. Cannot adjust volume on speakers after update

So for some reason, my monster rove speakers come up with a different name and I am no longer able to adjust their volume from my keyboard and computer. I have tried reconnecting to the speakers and restarting, but it does not work. The only thing I can
    do is use the adjust volume button on the speaker itself, but that requires me getting up every time and it goes by 10 increments instead of 1.

BirdSpirit, Apr 28, 2021
  3. awalt Win User
    Adjusting headphone volume

I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the speakers and adjust them, and they are set as default. But it seems to me that in past versions (I came from Windows 7) when headphones were plugged in, the audio slider in task bar adjusted them - when headphones were not plugged in, it adjusted speaker volume.

Do I have to go into Control Panel every time I want to tweak headphone volume? What am I missing?

awalt, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things.

speaker volume prblem

hi,

I am using dell inspiron . I am facing a problem in volume control. when I pause and play a video or a song in any application including vlc, Spotify, or YouTube my volume automatically increase to 100% . but the volume bar will be remain at same
    then if I adjust volume the speaker volume will be adjust to its actual state. this problem is accord in my laptop speakers or in earphones or in my Bluetooth headphones. why?? why?? my volume automatically adjust to 100% when a video or song pause or play.
    this will also occur when change song or video. however sound stop and start again volume goes to 100% automatically . anyone have this problem solution. please suggest what to do?

lokeshjangid, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things.

1. Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things. - Similar Threads - Speaker volume adjustment

2. Modern USB-C Speaker volume adjustment not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern USB-C Speaker volume adjustment not functioning: Hi,Since upgrading to windows 11 my Modern USB-C speaker isn't functioning correctly. When using the volume adjust buttons on the device the volume adjusts on the surface laptop 4 top left of the screen but the sound output from the speaker doesn't change. Likewise using the...
  3. Modern USB-C Speaker volume adjustment not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern USB-C Speaker volume adjustment not functioning: Hi,Since upgrading to windows 11 my Modern USB-C speaker isn't functioning correctly. When using the volume adjust buttons on the device the volume adjusts on the surface laptop 4 top left of the screen but the sound output from the speaker doesn't change. Likewise using the...
  4. "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!: Hello all:On the PC screen right bottom,there is a tray. Within the tray, thereare several icons including “Speaker”,click the speaker icon, we can adjustthe volume of the sound. Now the speaker icon changed:only display the maximal volume, 67%. can not Change/adjust the...
  5. Bluetooth and "Onn" speakers, cant adjust volume!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth and "Onn" speakers, cant adjust volume!: Why cant I adjust the volume on my $35 walmart speaker? Thanks, -kyle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-and-onn-speakers-cant-adjust-volume/f7e20dc0-3d85-4dfa-87cb-91477c0ca177
  6. Will this thing be fixed? (speaker lowering volume while on mic)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will this thing be fixed? (speaker lowering volume while on mic): [ATTACH] As you can see, this thing exists for maybe 5 years and i wonder what could be done? The bug is that when i use microphone with this specific device, windows changes the whole sound settings, like music app shows music again like there is a new speaker...
  7. Cortana can't adjust my speaker volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana can't adjust my speaker volume: Need some help. On my old Windows 10 computer I used voice commands to Cortana to adjust my computer volume all the time. Like "Hey Cortana, turn down volume.", and she would turn down the volume. Fast forward to today. I have a new computer that I just got this week. When I...
  8. how do adjust the volume mixer

in Cortana
    how do adjust the volume mixer: how do i increase the volume on my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-adjust-the-volume-mixer/6e3ea4d6-d53d-4b46-8145-8b3cb4536875
  9. Bluetooth speaker volume adjustment issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth speaker volume adjustment issue: Hi everyone, I have just bought a new MSI PS63 8SC model. When not connecting to bluetooth speaker, volume adjustment work normally. But while I connect to a bluetooth speaker, if I adjust volume from 1 to 100, nothing change. Now I can have only 0mute or 100. I have...
  10. Volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c